Why the UAC is a joke
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:09:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Why the UAC is a joke
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Why the UAC is a joke  (Read 14937 times)
ericadler
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2004, 12:07:59 AM »
« edited: May 10, 2004, 12:08:39 AM by ericadler »

I have a problem with extremists.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2004, 12:24:19 AM »

Back off shifty.  I just joined the UAC.

A little testy are we?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2004, 12:50:09 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2004, 12:52:07 AM by John D. Ford »

You want to know what the joke is?  The Republicans and Demcorats.  If you want to know why, look no farther than StevenNick99 and Boss Tweed.

Steven runs an extremely negative campaign (starting a thread dedicated to calling me a fraud) that results in almost no turnout in the primary.  He chooses as his successor a guy who, no offense Josh, isn't a serious person.  He has made the party more extreme than it can sustain being.  That's why people are leaving.

Fair or unfair, Boss Tweed has a bad reputation here.  The fact that he was Party Chairman for so long sends a bad message to voters.  So people leave the party.

The UAC is no joke, it is now the only force on the forum that even matters.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2004, 09:42:40 AM »

Why is the UAC a joke? I myself do not think it is a joke. my friends like Andrew and GWBFan are in it. If people have those beliefs, then join the UAC. I will currently stay in the Republican party. If I win this Presidential election, I will be a member of the Republican party in the my first term. I do want to underline FIRST TERM. I do not think I would run for re-election, but that is a long ways away.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2004, 10:22:04 AM »

Back off shifty.  I just joined the UAC.

You see, eric, the problem with the UAC is that they are entirely hypocritical. They call themselves centrists, when they have people like likeverin and John D Ford. It's soooo silly. I highly discourage you from joining the UAC, and encourage you to join a more stable, practical party. Like the republican party!

That is grossly unfair. If they want to join us, that's their choice. I think they're both great people and we're a big tent party.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2004, 11:39:29 AM »

Gustaf, Ford, at least we have a stable platform. You guys are simply the leftover party, a party that any arbitrary person can join.

It's too much ambiguity. That's what causes problems in society. People will vote for UAC thinking it's one thing, when it's really another. With the Republican and Democrat parties, you know that if you vote our way, you will vote for one belief.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2004, 11:40:27 AM »

Gustaf, Ford, at least we have a stable platform. You guys are simply the leftover party, a party that any arbitrary person can join.

That's going to be fixed soon.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2004, 11:59:12 AM »

It's too much ambiguity. That's what causes problems in society. People will vote for UAC thinking it's one thing, when it's really another. With the Republican and Democrat parties, you know that if you vote our way, you will vote for one belief.

We're a new party, so our platform isn't done yet.

And not anyone can join.

AND, the Democrats do not have a platform that I'm aware of.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2004, 03:37:14 PM »

Who is running against NYM from the UAC?

John F. Kennedy   UAC   CA - chairman so NO
WildCard  UAC  CA - will likley get elected governor so NO
GWBFan   UAC   GA - just got elected governor so NO
DemRepDan   UAC   IL - maybe
Gore For President   UAC   MA - no comment so NO
Nation   UAC   MD - maybe
Gustaf   UAC   MN - YES either for VP or President, everyone like him because he is one of the oldest members here and has the most post too
ILikeVerin   UAC   MN - governor i believe so NO
.Andrew.   UAC   NY - running for senatate so NO
Kemperor   UAC   NY - maybe but hope not
BullMoose88   UAC   PA - maybe but hope so but he isn't that active
htmldon   UAC   TN - maybe but hope so because html is one of the TRUE centrist in your party
Hey you count me out! Maybe I'm the candidate!
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2004, 03:38:21 PM »

Who is running against NYM from the UAC?

John F. Kennedy   UAC   CA - chairman so NO
WildCard  UAC  CA - will likley get elected governor so NO
GWBFan   UAC   GA - just got elected governor so NO
DemRepDan   UAC   IL - maybe
Gore For President   UAC   MA - no comment so NO
Nation   UAC   MD - maybe
Gustaf   UAC   MN - YES either for VP or President, everyone like him because he is one of the oldest members here and has the most post too
ILikeVerin   UAC   MN - governor i believe so NO
.Andrew.   UAC   NY - running for senatate so NO
Kemperor   UAC   NY - maybe but hope not
BullMoose88   UAC   PA - maybe but hope so but he isn't that active
htmldon   UAC   TN - maybe but hope so because html is one of the TRUE centrist in your party
Hey you count me out! Maybe I'm the candidate!

Shush!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2004, 03:46:56 PM »

Why are y'all keeping y'all president candidate on a secret?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2004, 03:50:26 PM »

You want to know what the joke is?  The Republicans and Demcorats.  If you want to know why, look no farther than StevenNick99 and Boss Tweed.

Steven runs an extremely negative campaign (starting a thread dedicated to calling me a fraud) that results in almost no turnout in the primary.  He chooses as his successor a guy who, no offense Josh, isn't a serious person.  He has made the party more extreme than it can sustain being.  That's why people are leaving.

Fair or unfair, Boss Tweed has a bad reputation here.  The fact that he was Party Chairman for so long sends a bad message to voters.  So people leave the party.

I do to. I don't think the UAC is a joke. I just don't agree with you on half the things. I am serious person, yes  I make lots of post. Oh well there is no law ban how many post you can make. I did want to be john's runmate, before I got to know him. I made mistakes and John I thought you was a very good man until now.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2004, 07:07:33 PM »

No offense, John, but I think I've been vindicated by the actions you've taken over the last few days.  You announced your candidacy for the republican nomination while you were already planning to leave the party for the UAC.
ericadler
Rookie

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2004, 07:11:39 PM »

Steve, you're a jerk.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2004, 03:35:38 AM »

No offense, John, but I think I've been vindicated by the actions you've taken over the last few days.  You announced your candidacy for the republican nomination while you were already planning to leave the party for the UAC.

Let me get this straight, "vindicated"?  That's a good thing you know, it means "freed from any question of guilt" accoridng to my dictionary.  So, I guess, and this is in your own words now, only you are left to blame for the collapse of the Republican party.  Unless of course you misspoke, in which case you are an idiot who uses big words he doesn't understand, just like I had figured all along.

I look forward to the election and watching my new team beat the living hell out of your empty shell of a party.  In baseball terms:

UAC=Yankees
GOP=Red Sox

Learn to love losing, Steve.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2004, 07:22:48 PM »

Bump for D1 voters Smiley
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2004, 09:43:29 PM »

With the new registrations, I have to move myself over into the "UAC is a joke" camp.  There is no way a political party can include both former Progressives and Brambila unless "political party" has lost all meaning.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

With the new registrations, I have to move myself over into the "UAC is a joke" camp.  There is no way a political party can include both former Progressives and Brambila unless "political party" has lost all meaning.

So are the real Democrats a joke if they can have Ted Kennedy and Zell Miller in the same party? How about the Republicans? They've got Pat Robertson and Rudy Giuliani in the same party.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2004, 09:54:47 PM »

You see, eric, the problem with the UAC is that they are entirely hypocritical. They call themselves centrists, when they have people like likeverin and John D Ford. It's soooo silly. I highly discourage you from joining the UAC, and encourage you to join a more stable, practical party. Like the republican party!

And now Brambila decides to JOIN this party?HuhHuhHuh?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2004, 09:55:44 PM »

Well, we aren't going to turn away members without a good reason.  Anyone who wants to join is welcome to.  It won't change our core beliefs that much.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2004, 09:57:34 PM »

Oh?  The real world Democrats have Zell Miller and Dennis Kucinich in the same party.  Does that mean the Democrats are a joke?  No.  It only means they have people from all different political viewpoints in the party...that's called diversity.

Sometimes just one issue will decide which party someone belongs to.  That applies here and in the real world.  There's nothing wrong w/ having former Progressives and Brambila in the same party.  Actually, I kinda like it.  Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2004, 10:04:07 PM »

Stop calling Miller a Democrat.  He's turned his back on the party, every Democrat knows that, and I do think he would officially change party if he were running for election again.  The fact that he isn't, saves him the trouble.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2004, 10:11:17 PM »

Stop calling Miller a Democrat.  He's turned his back on the party, every Democrat knows that, and I do think he would officially change party if he were running for election again.  The fact that he isn't, saves him the trouble.

Why should we stop calling him a Democrat?  He is one, despite what you wish were true.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2004, 10:13:20 PM »

The party turned its back on Zell, he just refused to turn his back on Georgia.

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2004, 10:30:20 PM »

Come on.  Anyone who a) writes and publishes a book about why he thinks his party is going in the wrong direction, and b) publicly states that he supports none of his parties candidates for the Presidential nomination, and instead will support the opposition- CLEARLY is not acting as a party member would be expected to.

Politicians do change ideologies, and sometimes change parties.  The Republican Senator from my state, Norm Coleman, was a Democrat when he was mayor of St. Paul, and he campaigned for President Clinton here in 1996.  He had the good sense to change over to the party which is more closely aligned with his true, or his current, ideology (and I say good riddance).  Miller may have been a Democrat at one time, and he may hold the title of Democrat currently.  My point is his ideology has changed to align with the Republicans.  No one in the party really thinks of him as a Democrat anymore.  I know I'm going to regret asking this, but exactly how did the party turn its back on Zell?  The party didn't change- Zell did.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies