What does it take for Trump (or another Republican) to win Colorado? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:34:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What does it take for Trump (or another Republican) to win Colorado? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What does it take for Trump (or another Republican) to win Colorado?  (Read 1826 times)
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« on: May 08, 2019, 08:10:30 AM »

I don't understand why people think CO is gone for the GOP.  Now don't get me wrong, obviously Trump is a particularly bad fit for the state and the long term trends are very unfavorable for the GOP.

But of the Bush 04 states that flipped D, CO is arguably the most elastic.  Contrast to, say, VA.  Now it may take near landslide conditions to flip CO back, and it would probably be the last state to do so (after MN, ME, NH, and NV), but the point is.. I can conceive of a future GOP coalition that would competitive in CO, even if I have to squint to see it, whereas I cannot even imagine any conditions that would flip back VA absent a complete realignment.

That's the difference, even though they're both D +5 states on paper.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies