2019 MLB season thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:14:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019 MLB season thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: 2019 MLB season thread  (Read 4241 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2019, 11:10:56 PM »

The Astros have just become embarassing. They got off on the wrong foot with the Osuna comment. It's sad - I hope they can come back.

I will now accept my accolades!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2019, 12:10:35 AM »

The Astros have just become embarassing. They got off on the wrong foot with the Osuna comment. It's sad - I hope they can come back.

I will now accept my accolades!

You want accolades for "hope"?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2019, 12:15:01 AM »

Astros and Altuve did it again, with the exception of 2018, they have been the king of comebacks. Just like with Dodgers, Altuve and Astros came back from an 11-8 deficit and won the series in 2017
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »

That was some seriously bad umpiring last night.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2019, 09:50:06 AM »

That was some seriously bad umpiring last night.

I view it as their effort to improve the game by hastening the introduction of robot ball/strike umpires.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2019, 10:49:46 PM »

We're gonna have a winner-take-all #WorldSeries game 7 tomorrow night, as the Astros lose to the Nationals 7-2 in Game 6.

To the tune of Baby Shark in tribute to Gerardo Parra:
🎵 Game 7, doo doo doo doo doo doo 🎵
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2019, 08:01:05 AM »

It's amazing that the visiting team has won every game so far.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2019, 10:51:26 PM »

GO NADS!!!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2019, 10:59:24 PM »

YES!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2019, 03:26:20 AM »

In this anti-home field advantage World Series, the Nationals (formerly Montréal Expos) win it all in 7 games for the 1st ever in their franchise history.

🎵 Baby Shark, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo. 🎵
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »

In this anti-home field advantage World Series, the Nationals (formerly Montréal Expos) win it all in 7 games for the 1st ever in their franchise history.

🎵 Baby Shark, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo. 🎵

This is the first WS in which the home team lost every game.  You'd expect that to be a rare event, but I'm kind of surprised it never happened before.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2019, 02:18:35 PM »

Thrilled that the Expos finally won it all. Great game and series for both teams, though.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2020, 04:19:45 AM »

I have some really out-there sports takes. I believe the Deflategate case was a favor against Tom Brady. I believe the NFL was openly rigging games for the Chiefs (not that Mahomes et al needed their help anyway).  My weirdest one has to be that the Red Sox's success in the 21st century has been despite the ownership, not because of it.

If you look at everything bad that has happened in the Red Sox ownership, it has been because of meddling ownership. Firing Francona for the players being a clubhouse cancer? Meddling ownership. Hiring Bobby Valentine? Hand-picked by Lucchino. Epstein leaving? Ownership. Firing the best broadcaster in baseball to fix losing numbers? You guessed it - meddling ownership. Dombrowski? You guessed it - meddling ownership. Lester leaving? Yep. Ownership lowballing him.

Hanley and Sandoval were the only things that really weren't the fault of this ownership group. I don't give a **** what reason you have. I don't care if you want to go under the salary cap. YOU DON'T ****ING TRADE A GENERATIONAL TALENT IN HIS PRIME. And you especially don't do it when he's the second-best player in baseball. $420 million for 12 years is the price you pay for someone like a Mookie Betts or a Mike Trout.

What an absolute ****ing disaster. I'd expect this out of Fred Wilpon or Bob Nutting or any of the other awful owners in baseball. I wouldn't expect this out of the best organization in the 21st century.  Sell the ****ing team to someone who gives a ****. It's clear Henry and company don't anymore.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2020, 06:16:37 AM »

Great newz, Dodgers got the Hunter Pence of the league Mookie Betts😎😎😎. Finally, a Wrld Series
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2020, 10:29:01 AM »

I have some really out-there sports takes. I believe the Deflategate case was a favor against Tom Brady. I believe the NFL was openly rigging games for the Chiefs (not that Mahomes et al needed their help anyway).  My weirdest one has to be that the Red Sox's success in the 21st century has been despite the ownership, not because of it.

If you look at everything bad that has happened in the Red Sox ownership, it has been because of meddling ownership. Firing Francona for the players being a clubhouse cancer? Meddling ownership. Hiring Bobby Valentine? Hand-picked by Lucchino. Epstein leaving? Ownership. Firing the best broadcaster in baseball to fix losing numbers? You guessed it - meddling ownership. Dombrowski? You guessed it - meddling ownership. Lester leaving? Yep. Ownership lowballing him.

Hanley and Sandoval were the only things that really weren't the fault of this ownership group. I don't give a **** what reason you have. I don't care if you want to go under the salary cap. YOU DON'T ****ING TRADE A GENERATIONAL TALENT IN HIS PRIME. And you especially don't do it when he's the second-best player in baseball. $420 million for 12 years is the price you pay for someone like a Mookie Betts or a Mike Trout.

What an absolute ****ing disaster. I'd expect this out of Fred Wilpon or Bob Nutting or any of the other awful owners in baseball. I wouldn't expect this out of the best organization in the 21st century.  Sell the ****ing team to someone who gives a ****. It's clear Henry and company don't anymore.

I'm with you, brother. This one stings. The fact that they wouldn't just barter with him on the years instead of the AAV (because he is worth $35 million a year) is a disaster, and an unforgivable one at that. We NEVER see the Yankees shedding payroll to "get under the luxury tax"--they just continuously reload and pay for the talent they need and they are almost always in the playoffs because of it.

Completely unacceptable imo.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2020, 11:04:37 AM »

I'm with you, brother. This one stings. The fact that they wouldn't just barter with him on the years instead of the AAV (because he is worth $35 million a year) is a disaster, and an unforgivable one at that. We NEVER see the Yankees shedding payroll to "get under the luxury tax"--they just continuously reload and pay for the talent they need and they are almost always in the playoffs because of it.

Completely unacceptable imo.

The Yankees just got off a four year period of having a single minded focus on not going over $189 million in payroll to avoid the super luxury tax. The only reason our unreasonable and ungrateful heirs caved this year is because there would have been an absolute mutiny if they did not sign Gerrit Cole. Hank is not good at baseball management and only cares about profits, so we are lucky to have Brian Cashman's savvy to find hidden gems for cheap. Reflexive and stubborn as he was with an inclination towards post-prime players, George's children will never come close to what he was.

Clearly a step above your ownership but not a fun position either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies