FT 10-25: Fremont Demonym Ballot Question Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:19:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 10-25: Fremont Demonym Ballot Question Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: FT 10-25: Fremont Demonym Ballot Question Act (Passed)  (Read 2112 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2019, 11:00:51 PM »

Abstain.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2019, 09:56:20 AM »

FT 10-25 has passed by a vote of 4-1-2-0.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2019, 10:11:30 AM »

AN ACT
Because we really should have settled on a regional Demonym by now

Section 1: Title

This legislation may be cited as the Fremont Demonym Ballot Question Act.

Section 2: Text
1. A question shall be put forward to the people of Fremont in the ballot of the next regional elections following the passage of this Act. Said question shall read: "What should be recognised as the official demonym of the Commonwealth of Fremont?", in order to determine what should be recognised as the official regional demonym. The demonym that wins said election, using established voting systems, shall be designated the region's official demonym, subject to a vote of Parliament to uphold the results of the ballot question.
2. The following options shall be on the ballot:
i. Fremonter/Fremonters
ii. Fremontian/Fremontians

Section 3: Effectiveness
1. This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »

Terrible result—though I suppose somewhat amusing that two members couldn't even bring themselves to take a clear position on parliament passing the buck on choosing a demonym to somebody else. Tongue At least the First Minister did the right thing.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2019, 11:56:51 PM »

Frémontans entrusted their Parliament with making their lives better and protecting their freedoms, not to waste their time and money debating a measure that would cost Frémontiers’ tike and money and try to restrict the way people refer to themselves just to satisfy some bureaucrat’s aesthetic desires. This measure is a disgrace to all Frémonites, and I am willing to bet that at least 70% of Froosiers would be shocked to learn this is what their elected officials are using their taxpayer dollars to do. Every Fréminist I know is angry at the prospect of another wasteful referendum on a useless topic. And personally, I think Fréxans deserve better. We Frogandtoads are the reason this government is even in power - you have no right to trample on Frussians for no positive reason whatsoever other than this government’s desire to force homoegeneity on Fhtagns where there is none.

Thus, I am calling on all Frélinghuysens to reject this charade and vote out all of the so-called “Representatives” who have allowed this awful measure to waste valuable debate time and be passed.

Sincerely,
A concerned Frénd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies