Most politically partisan users on each side?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Most politically partisan users on each side?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Most politically partisan users on each side?  (Read 1502 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2023, 10:22:06 AM »

There is something interesting about the users saying Fuzzy or Spectator, though -- it's often remarked upon in religious contexts that the people most enthusiastic about some dogma are converts, those who actively chose it recently. Similarly, it wouldn't surprise me if the people most enthusiastic right now about being Republicans or Democrats are those who actually supported the other party not too long ago.

(I think Spectator still identifies as a Republican -- and still supports the GAGOP at the state level, correct-me-if-I'm-wrong -- but he does seem to be one of our most enthusiastic supporters of the national Democratic party.)
Another blue avatar who I wonder why they still have a blue avatar is AHDuke99 - since from I have seen from his posts, there is barely anything in common with the GOP and I wonder why he still identifies with a party he seems to hate virtually everything about.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2023, 10:28:52 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Spectator is still a Republican because they are a conservative on policy; they just do not like the culture of the current GOP. It would still make much more sense for them to identify as a Republican than a Democrat on policy alone, but they might not be a particularly partisan Republican. I think in terms of partisanship, policy is still king.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2023, 11:10:25 AM »

There is something interesting about the users saying Fuzzy or Spectator, though -- it's often remarked upon in religious contexts that the people most enthusiastic about some dogma are converts, those who actively chose it recently. Similarly, it wouldn't surprise me if the people most enthusiastic right now about being Republicans or Democrats are those who actually supported the other party not too long ago.

(I think Spectator still identifies as a Republican -- and still supports the GAGOP at the state level, correct-me-if-I'm-wrong -- but he does seem to be one of our most enthusiastic supporters of the national Democratic party.)
Another blue avatar who I wonder why they still have a blue avatar is AHDuke99 - since from I have seen from his posts, there is barely anything in common with the GOP and I wonder why he still identifies with a party he seems to hate virtually everything about.

Spectator I think has also posted before that he hates George W Bush basically as much as he hates Trump
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2023, 01:58:33 PM »

Ferguson is actually in my opinion not the answer because he pushes a brand of politics that virtually everyone agrees is a liability for Democrats but seems to consider it worth it...a real Democratic hack would be lashing at weird gender neutral language and the like.

I'd go with wbrocks67 or Alben Barkley as the most partisan Democrats.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2023, 05:04:21 PM »

Ferguson is actually in my opinion not the answer because he pushes a brand of politics that virtually everyone agrees is a liability for Democrats but seems to consider it worth it...a real Democratic hack would be lashing at weird gender neutral language and the like.

GMac is up there too by this metric.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2023, 06:17:46 PM »

He criticizes Democrats too much. Note that Alben Barkley doesn't really dump on Bernie Sanders (who is for all intents and purposes a Democrat), he just attacks vague woke activists and Twitter clowns.

This also disqualifies DrScholl who hates Bernie as much as he hates Republicans (and while not eligible due to nor being American Landslide Lyndon is amusingly worth a mention here too, imagine living in Greece and having an obsessive hateboner for Bernie Sanders while spending most of your online time compiling and reporting bad remarks from random Republicans.)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2023, 09:09:35 PM »

He criticizes Democrats too much. Note that Alben Barkley doesn't really dump on Bernie Sanders (who is for all intents and purposes a Democrat), he just attacks vague woke activists and Twitter clowns.

This also disqualifies DrScholl who hates Bernie as much as he hates Republicans (and while not eligible due to nor being American Landslide Lyndon is amusingly worth a mention here too, imagine living in Greece and having an obsessive hateboner for Bernie Sanders while spending most of your online time compiling and reporting bad remarks from random Republicans.)

GMac is fanatically loyal to the concept of the Democratic Party as an institution. This hackishness extends beyond loyalty to any one person. For example, he’s obsessed with Hillary, but if she started to denigrate The Party I’m confident he’d immediately turn on her.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2023, 01:33:49 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2023, 01:39:18 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I am a partisan but for Pete sake we are in a Great Recession Michael Moore and Rev Barber weren't there during the 1990s Michael Moore came in 2004 Farenheit 911 when Bush W tax cuts from 40/35 not poor from 20/15 sent us into Great Recession all Rs send us to Recession Hoover, Bush H in 1992, Bush W 2001/2008 and Trump 2017

Taft was voted out but he supported the Income tax that was passed in 1913 Wilson supported it but Taft instituted

This is true to OSR directly I don't care if he ignores me but in general to Blue avatars why was Bob Taft Gov of OH had huge popularity like Vonovich or DeWine they had centrist Policies Vonovich Gov of OH voted against ,Bush tax cuts

Bob Taft grandad's WH Taft support for income tax in 1913 too supported by Wilson
Spectator
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2023, 09:39:22 AM »

Nah, I wouldn’t call myself a supporter of the National Democrats at all. In a binary, I’m willing to vote Democrats at any given level of government if the Republican is still a Trump simp. The only exception to that is my local congressman who helped me on a veteran issue, and their staff was amazing.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2023, 09:41:54 AM »

Spectator I think has also posted before that he hates George W Bush basically as much as he hates Trump

False. More than I hate Trump. Trump at least didn’t cause 5000 American deaths, untold numbers of civilian deaths and permanent unrest in a critical region of the world because of unresolved daddy issues. Nor did he use the biggest terrorist attack in American history as a tool to rally support for it.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2023, 11:06:13 AM »

I don't care about boring posters whom I ignore so I submit the following names:
Democrats - Lief or BRTD, all-time notorious partisan hacks
Republicans - vosem, even if he didn't vote R for president, the amount of motivated reasoning he pushes in favor of the R side as of late is truly stunning. He's Baghdad Bob of Republicans on the forum, both in terms of policy and polling. Astonishing!

The main metric that I am using here is based on the extent to which the poster 'spins' everything and generally just wants D/R politician to crush the other side in a colorful way. These guys are simply incredible.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2023, 11:31:43 AM »

Chip Roy said he wants to defund DOJ and DHS the blue avatars see the polls and see that Trump won't win and they still think he will win whom is gonna vote for an R party that wants to defund DOJ and most of them are Rs anyways
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2023, 08:44:58 PM »

Olawakandi is no longer the most partisan user on the left in my eyes, it's this guy.

As for the right it's still Redban.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2023, 12:23:04 AM »

DFB is very upset that I think his worldview will essentially disappear in the coming decades and is not at all upset that I think the GOP has a 40-50% chance of winning 2024-POTUS, which I *think* is what OP is asking about. I’ll reply to DMs when not on my phone; sorry that this sort of stuff routinely takes me months as I really only write true effort-posts when the mood strikes me.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2023, 08:17:33 AM »

DFB is very upset that I think his worldview will essentially disappear in the coming decades and is not at all upset that I think the GOP has a 40-50% chance of winning 2024-POTUS, which I *think* is what OP is asking about. I’ll reply to DMs when not on my phone; sorry that this sort of stuff routinely takes me months as I really only write true effort-posts when the mood strikes me.
Although as I noted I was wondering how you voted on Question 1, because you're pro-choice but voting for it seemed like a partisan thing to do.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2023, 08:54:59 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2023, 09:05:36 AM by Mechalord »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Spectator is still a Republican because they are a conservative on policy; they just do not like the culture of the current GOP. It would still make much more sense for them to identify as a Republican than a Democrat on policy alone, but they might not be a particularly partisan Republican. I think in terms of partisanship, policy is still king.

This sounds like the same reason I identify as a Democrat, tbh.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2023, 08:59:58 AM »

Whatever you say Baghdad Vosem Tongue.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2023, 09:02:46 AM »

I don't care about boring posters whom I ignore so I submit the following names:
Democrats - Lief or BRTD, all-time notorious partisan hacks
Republicans - vosem, even if he didn't vote R for president, the amount of motivated reasoning he pushes in favor of the R side as of late is truly stunning. He's Baghdad Bob of Republicans on the forum, both in terms of policy and polling. Astonishing!

The main metric that I am using here is based on the extent to which the poster 'spins' everything and generally just wants D/R politician to crush the other side in a colorful way. These guys are simply incredible.
Badge of honor! And very accurate!

I honestly think the 2006 midterms influenced the way I view politics to this day. Crushing the Republicans then was just so much fun, and created such a high!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2023, 11:32:39 AM »

Although as I noted I was wondering how you voted on Question 1, because you're pro-choice but voting for it seemed like a partisan thing to do.

I’m camping in British Columbia until August 16, so I was out-of-state the day of the referendum and didn’t vote. I would’ve voted No, but I didn’t feel very motivated to turn out given that a No victory was totally inevitable and, as you noted, I have a soft spot for conservative procedural trickery. (Although my strong experience is that on the issues I care most about referendums are overwhelmingly successful for my points of view, and if anything I would support efforts in Ohio to make them easier to trigger and easier to pass, like in CA.) Assuming that the inevitable abortion referendum makes this year’s November ballot (which will hopefully be the case, it would be very unfortunate if that were put off until next year), I’ll be voting for the pro-choice option then.

Whatever you say Baghdad Vosem Tongue.

I gotta go look up how to say “восемь” in Arabic now Cheesy
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2023, 01:10:24 AM »

Ferguson97, as I've been told, has a job in Democratic politics, so I get the hackery. 

For the record, this was at one point true, but is not currently the case.

And, as much as people love to bitch about you, you're usually right. And that pains them to no end
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2023, 05:45:45 AM »

Olawakandi is no longer the most partisan user on the left in my eyes, it's this guy.

GhostOfRuin isn't a massive Democrat, he just LOATHES the Republican Party. Would you consider it "partisan" to be "meh" on your own side but massively against the other side? I guess that would maybe count.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2023, 08:12:27 AM »

Leif no doubt.

For the Republicans it’s probably OSR
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2023, 04:59:19 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2023, 05:03:29 PM by HisGrace »

All olawakandi does is spit facts, don't disrespect him by naming him in a thread like this.

I am a partisan but for Pete sake we are in a Great Recession Michael Moore and Rev Barber weren't there during the 1990s Michael Moore came in 2004 Farenheit 911 when Bush W tax cuts from 40/35 not poor from 20/15 sent us into Great Recession all Rs send us to Recession Hoover, Bush H in 1992, Bush W 2001/2008 and Trump 2017

Taft was voted out but he supported the Income tax that was passed in 1913 Wilson supported it but Taft instituted

This is true to OSR directly I don't care if he ignores me but in general to Blue avatars why was Bob Taft Gov of OH had huge popularity like Vonovich or DeWine they had centrist Policies Vonovich Gov of OH voted against ,Bush tax cuts

Bob Taft grandad's WH Taft support for income tax in 1913 too supported by Wilson

OP needs to read this post carefully and rethink his position accordingly. This is what getting owned with facts, logic, and math looks like.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2023, 06:58:22 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2023, 07:20:30 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

As I have said it's based on family income OSR has said many times how his daddy has influenced him Biden himself yesterday praised Native American many of us Blks are NativeAmerican but we aren't Cherokee or Navajo or Apache the big tribes because we were intermarried with them thru Slavery some Latinos are Native American and the big tribes I met some tribes in SF

The point is blks need reparations by raising tax on the rich that CA is proposing because it's the only state that gets a millionaire tax in Beverly hills as high as it is the Warren Wealth tax will do it in a Secular Congress  just like the Native American do  it called per Capita

My dad  side were elderss from Native Americans they arent just white they are blk too look at Hispinoia

They focus on white native American

So the reparations that we would get is some of the money that family haven't claimed on the Native American , guess where the Native American Per Capita claim is OK, TX, NM
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2023, 07:22:17 PM »

GMac is fanatically loyal to the concept of the Democratic Party as an institution. This hackishness extends beyond loyalty to any one person. For example, he’s obsessed with Hillary, but if she started to denigrate The Party I’m confident he’d immediately turn on her.

GMAC is an interesting answer. I'm convinced he's pretty moderate based on his positions on a lot of issues - far more than the average Atlas dem supporter - yet at his core he is fervently supportive and loyal to the dem party even when they support things he does not like.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies