Canada General Discussion (2019-) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:13:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 185609 times)
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« on: March 28, 2019, 08:11:54 AM »

Andrew Scheer is texting people in the Atlantic provinces saying that gas prices are going up and to fill their tanks lolol
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:09 PM »

Andrew Scheer is texting people in the Atlantic provinces saying that gas prices are going up and to fill their tanks lolol

Why are the Tories sending texts out in the Maritimes? I was under the impression that it's mostly a Liberal region. Are the Tories that confident?

The Liberals are hemorrhaging support in the Maritimes lately
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »

Stephen McNeil is the only Liberal in Canada right now with the profile of a 'fiscal conservative.'  I predict the next Liberal leadership race (the sooner the better) will be between 'Red Liberal' Chrystia Freeland and 'Blue Liberal' Stephen McNeil.

Canada has not had a Premier lead a Federal political party since Bob Stanfield led the Progressive Conservatives.  Dave Barrett came close to winning the NDP leadership in 1989 but by then he hadn't been Premier of British Columbia for 14 years anyway.

The Progressive Conservative leadership race won by Stanfield in 1967 was something of a star packed field.  In addition to Stanfield, Manitoba Premier Duff Roblin also ran as did former British Columbia Progressive Conservative leader Davie Fulton (though things didn't work out for him provincially.)

Unfortunately for the P.Cs, John Diefenbaker also ran to try to hold the job. I can imagine he made the convention something of a nightmare.

I don't think McNeil has any aspirations to run federally. Could be wrong though I guess.
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 05:54:07 PM »

Nova Scotia Immigration Minister, Lena Diab is running for the Liberal nomination in Halifax West. The seat is currently held by former Speaker and Cabinet minister Geoff Regan, who is not reoffering.

Likely an easy win for any Liberal that runs in that riding.
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 04:52:35 PM »

Although I'm not a Green Party supporter, it is quite disappointing to see that after all the hard work Elizabeth May put in to build the party over the past 15 years, it's being effectively blown apart all in a matter of months since a new leader took over.
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »

I think Iain Rankin cost himself the election with this stunt. While NB opening to the rest of Canada is less than desirable at this stage, their reopening plan was published almost a month ago so it's not like Rankin was blindsided by it. There was no reason for him to impose these restrictions literally 9 hours before the bubble opened especially when he knew he was going to impose them last week.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies