Canada General Discussion (2019-)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:55:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 135
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 181424 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2020, 02:01:06 PM »
« edited: July 15, 2020, 02:12:23 PM by Poirot »

British Columbia, like many governments, is seeing an invrease in approval and voting intentions. It has the BC NDP at 47% of the decided vote, Liberal 29%, Greens 11% Conservative 12%. There are 23% undecided.

Poll by Insights West
https://www.insightswest.com/news/govt-rep-july-2020/
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2020, 05:04:08 PM »

A moribund party that ran 10 candidates last election is in third place? OK...

We're polling BC right now too, and have similar numbers, except we didn't include the Conservatives. But "other" is quite high.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2020, 11:39:43 AM by Ishan »

We're polling BC right now too, and have similar numbers, except we didn't include the Conservatives. But "other" is quite high.
When/If you poll Alberta, will you poll the Alberta Liberals? They are above 5% in the May Polls and 14% during a June 1st poll.

Who is the typical BC Conservative voter in the Next election?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2020, 03:45:27 PM »

When/If you poll Alberta, will you poll the Alberta Liberals? They are above 5% in the May Polls and 14% during a June 1st poll.

I would poll just the NDP, UCP and Alberta Party.

I doubt the Conservatives will get very many votes at all. The one's who say they will will mostly just vote Liberal or stay home. I guess they're too low information to realize the Conservatives are basically dead or they don't want to admit to supporting a party with that name.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2020, 06:36:26 AM »

I would poll just the NDP, UCP and Alberta Party.

I doubt the Conservatives will get very many votes at all. The one's who say they will will mostly just vote Liberal or stay home. I guess they're too low information to realize the Conservatives are basically dead or they don't want to admit to supporting a party with that name.

To add to what Hatman said, many Canadian provinces have different party systems than the federal one. Some people don't pick up on that difference, which results in very weak provincial parties like the BC Conservatives or Sasketchewan Liberals overpolling.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »

What is with Wildrose Independence Party getting close to 10% on the polls.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2020, 03:46:30 PM »

Here are our #s. Very similar to the Insights poll, except swap the Conservatives with Other.

DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2020, 04:18:36 PM »

Disappointed that my municipality is now enforcing face mask laws like much of the province. Our health unit rep was anti-mandatory mask but politics kept pressuring him and he finally caved. Luckily there are some great groups out there still trying to fight for our last freedoms. An extremely dark period in history!

In other news: I'll soon be a card carrying member of the Libertarian Party. I'm hopping on the #nomoreFord bandwagon a year late. 😎
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2020, 04:31:53 AM »

Disappointed that my municipality is now enforcing face mask laws like much of the province. Our health unit rep was anti-mandatory mask but politics kept pressuring him and he finally caved. Luckily there are some great groups out there still trying to fight for our last freedoms. An extremely dark period in history!

In other news: I'll soon be a card carrying member of the Libertarian Party. I'm hopping on the #nomoreFord bandwagon a year late. 😎
I'm disappointed my municipality implemented soft face mask laws. Businesses have no legal pressure to make you wear the mask, so maybe 20-25% of people so far just don't wear the mask and hope a cop / bylaw officer doesn't see them. Some businesses force you to wear the mask, but certainly not some of the bigger corporations that are terrified to anger a customer for any reason whatsoever. They'd literally rather kill a customer than anger them with their mask policies, so long as they aren't legally liable for the death.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2020, 05:35:43 PM »

Wells on today's announcement of a public inquiry into the NS shootings.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »

Interesting it changed mind, the federal government never accepted calls to hold a public inquiry on the Lac-Mégantic train tragedy.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2020, 08:31:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Polling Canada has some polls out, what do you think of the polls, the Alberta one is trash.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2020, 10:44:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Polling Canada has some polls out, what do you think of the polls, the Alberta one is trash.

All of the provincial Innovative Research polls that just came out are trash. Very small sample sizes, weird numbers.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »

Delacourt says a shuffle is inbound soon.
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2020, 03:13:51 PM »

Liberal MP Michael Levitt is leaving politics:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/michael-levitt-resigns-1.5674294
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2020, 11:22:43 AM »

Nova Scotia Premier Stephen McNeil is resigning pending the Liberals choosing a new leader.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/nova-scotia-premier-stephen-mcneil-stepping-down-1.5676453
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2020, 02:18:15 PM »

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2020, 12:50:31 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2020, 01:30:38 PM »

Snap elections are risky even in the best of times. The pandemic only adds much more uncertainty. If there's an outbreak during this campaign, Higgs is gonna be screwed, & especially so if it's linked to campaign activities.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2020, 06:03:27 PM »

Morneau is holding a presser in 10 minutes in the room usually used by opposition parties and Dr. Tam. We all know what this means.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »

Morneau is holding a presser in 10 minutes in the room usually used by opposition parties and Dr. Tam. We all know what this means.

For us Americans who don't follow Canadian politics on a day-to-day basis, what does it mean? Tongue
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2020, 06:36:58 PM »

Morneau has resigned as finance minister and will quit his Toronto Centre seat.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #297 on: August 17, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »

For us Americans who don't follow Canadian politics on a day-to-day basis, what does it mean? Tongue

It means he's quitting
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2020, 10:02:32 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2020, 10:07:01 PM by Frank »

Stephen McNeil is the only Liberal in Canada right now with the profile of a 'fiscal conservative.'  I predict the next Liberal leadership race (the sooner the better) will be between 'Red Liberal' Chrystia Freeland and 'Blue Liberal' Stephen McNeil.

Canada has not had a Premier lead a Federal political party since Bob Stanfield led the Progressive Conservatives.  Dave Barrett came close to winning the NDP leadership in 1989 but by then he hadn't been Premier of British Columbia for 14 years anyway.

The Progressive Conservative leadership race won by Stanfield in 1967 was something of a star packed field.  In addition to Stanfield, Manitoba Premier Duff Roblin also ran as did former British Columbia Progressive Conservative leader Davie Fulton (though things didn't work out for him provincially.)

Unfortunately for the P.Cs, John Diefenbaker also ran to try to hold the job. I can imagine he made the convention something of a nightmare.
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »

Stephen McNeil is the only Liberal in Canada right now with the profile of a 'fiscal conservative.'  I predict the next Liberal leadership race (the sooner the better) will be between 'Red Liberal' Chrystia Freeland and 'Blue Liberal' Stephen McNeil.

Canada has not had a Premier lead a Federal political party since Bob Stanfield led the Progressive Conservatives.  Dave Barrett came close to winning the NDP leadership in 1989 but by then he hadn't been Premier of British Columbia for 14 years anyway.

The Progressive Conservative leadership race won by Stanfield in 1967 was something of a star packed field.  In addition to Stanfield, Manitoba Premier Duff Roblin also ran as did former British Columbia Progressive Conservative leader Davie Fulton (though things didn't work out for him provincially.)

Unfortunately for the P.Cs, John Diefenbaker also ran to try to hold the job. I can imagine he made the convention something of a nightmare.

I don't think McNeil has any aspirations to run federally. Could be wrong though I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 135  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies