France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever  (Read 38869 times)
Omega21

« on: November 07, 2019, 05:00:06 PM »

Macron does 180 on Immigration:
France will now impose strict quotas on non-eu migration, around 33000 per year according to the labour minister, despite being against Quotas in his 2017 Campaign. Health insurance will be restricted for illegal immigrants and the Asylum Law will also be tightened further, after being so already last year. France has seen a large increase in the number of Asylum seekers (as opposed to the other major EU countries that have seen large drops). Macron also said in the right-wing Magazine "Valeurs Actuelles" that there was a threat of "Secession" in immigrant-high Banlieues.

Sarkozy et al. talked tough on Migration in the Campaign, but did little legally, but it will be the 'liberal globalist rothschild soros puppet' that cracking down hard. Ironic. I wonder whether that new poll had anything to do with this...

2022 is not going to be a nice election for Left-wing voters, I fear.

(en) https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/france-toughens-stance-immigration-1.5349767
(de) https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/ausland/fachkraeftemangel-frankreich-fuehrt-quotenregelung-fuer-migranten-ein-16470130.html

In practice it changes nothing. Only a fraction of visas (titres de séjour) are for economic reasons. 33 000 is already about the amount of economic visas France gives out every year. And only ''economic'' migration will be capped.

Family/personal life visas and student visas, who make up the vast majority of visas, won't be capped as far as I know.

The first one is not even cappable, as it would be illegal not to allow spouse and children to join the person if he has a legal residence and is able to provide.

Btw. Where/how did most of the African Immigrants come to France? I know people from Africa make up a relatively large % of the population in some areas, so was it some sort of program for ex-colonies?
Omega21

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »

Macron does 180 on Immigration:
France will now impose strict quotas on non-eu migration, around 33000 per year according to the labour minister, despite being against Quotas in his 2017 Campaign. Health insurance will be restricted for illegal immigrants and the Asylum Law will also be tightened further, after being so already last year. France has seen a large increase in the number of Asylum seekers (as opposed to the other major EU countries that have seen large drops). Macron also said in the right-wing Magazine "Valeurs Actuelles" that there was a threat of "Secession" in immigrant-high Banlieues.

Sarkozy et al. talked tough on Migration in the Campaign, but did little legally, but it will be the 'liberal globalist rothschild soros puppet' that cracking down hard. Ironic. I wonder whether that new poll had anything to do with this...

2022 is not going to be a nice election for Left-wing voters, I fear.

(en) https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/france-toughens-stance-immigration-1.5349767
(de) https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/ausland/fachkraeftemangel-frankreich-fuehrt-quotenregelung-fuer-migranten-ein-16470130.html

In practice it changes nothing. Only a fraction of visas (titres de séjour) are for economic reasons. 33 000 is already about the amount of economic visas France gives out every year. And only ''economic'' migration will be capped.

Family/personal life visas and student visas, who make up the vast majority of visas, won't be capped as far as I know.

The first one is not even cappable, as it would be illegal not to allow spouse and children to join the person if he has a legal residence and is able to provide.

Btw. Where/how did most of the African Immigrants come to France? I know people from Africa make up a relatively large % of the population in some areas, so was it some sort of program for ex-colonies?

Oh I don't support a cap on it either. And as you said it would probably be illegal anyway.

For the part on African immigrants there are many reasons for Algeria (it was PART of France until 1962 and not legally a colony like the others), but I'm not sure what the exact reasons for the others were.

I know you had programs in the 1960s but those ended under Pompidou I believe. I'm not sure how those who came later came.

Oh, I actually didn't know that. Guess it was a pretty progressive position compared to other colonial powers.

Thanks!
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 08:09:46 PM »

New bill being presented by the Government that would ban "virginity certificates" for Muslim women, restricts home schooling and would allow for further restrictions on hate speech on social media.

French President Emmanuel Macron planned to present an anti-religious extremism bill on Wednesday that would ban “virginity certificates” for Muslim women and restrict home-schooling in the nation.

The administration is unveiling the bill with the goal of protecting “republican principles” and curbing Islamist extremism within France after extremists carried out two fatal terror attacks in October, the Financial Times reported. The French president intended to present the bill at a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday.

Macron’s bill would extend France’s traditional secular neutrality in government services to private-sector companies if they are contacted by the government.

The French president has received backlash for the bill and has been condemned for alleged Islamophobia by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan. Macron has dismissed these concerns, saying the proposal is designed to target Islamist extremists in particular, not all Muslims.

“We are not targeting Muslims,” one of Macron’s advisers said, according to the Financial Times. “We are targeting movements that in the name of religion have a discourse against the republic.”

Just to correct the article, this is not true.

The French state cannot ban something for someone, it can just ban something for everyone.

Now, the fact that this is mostly used by extreme Islamists when "giving away" their daughters is another story.

A woman is not a car that needs a technical inspection, so a good decision. Plus, according to the WHO, the exam is unscientific as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies