France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:40:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Author Topic: France General Discussion IV: Yellow Fever  (Read 38825 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »

What about the whole "abolish ENA" thing huh?

I must admit I am so torn between thinking it is an excellent idea, and thinking well, it's Macron so it's obviously a horrendous idea.

Better analysis is probably about what would replace it, and knowing what Macron's ideology is, it probably means recruiting a load of private sector types as haut fonctionnaires, with all their conflicts of interest and ideological "management" theories. Which is not exactly going to be better...
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »

What about the whole "abolish ENA" thing huh?

I must admit I am so torn between thinking it is an excellent idea, and thinking well, it's Macron so it's obviously a horrendous idea.

Better analysis is probably about what would replace it, and knowing what Macron's ideology is, it probably means recruiting a load of private sector types as haut fonctionnaires, with all their conflicts of interest and ideological "management" theories. Which is not exactly going to be better...

This.

Never trust Jupiter.
rob in cal
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »

Any more details about Macron saying more proportional representation will be introduced? I'm guessing for national elections? And does it have a legitimate chance for passage?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 05:49:07 PM »

Any more details about Macron saying more proportional representation will be introduced? I'm guessing for national elections? And does it have a legitimate chance for passage?

I've heard nothing about, so it's surely going nowhere
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 05:50:22 PM »

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/culture/arts-expos/architecture/notre-dame-de-paris-les-francais-majoritairement-opposes-a-une-loi-d-exception-pour-accelerer-la-reconstruction-selon-un-sondage_3435847.html?fbclid=IwAR2SujHYEfTl6s9KqQgT0ABD9YUx53VSLHmOm_rN3cEOgResAUWZMwTZnP4

Only LREM support rebuilding Notre Dame's roof and spire with a modern design, the rest of the country wants it restored the way it was.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »

https://www.bfmtv.com/politique/europeennes-pour-marine-le-pen-macron-devra-partir-si-sa-liste-arrive-derriere-le-rassemblement-national-1688782.html?fbclid=IwAR3uhameW3nyt6uX3qWrYYIQqcyW1jLmSYxOyMc5OiJ6fFadppniiGxRHwk

"European Elections: For Marine Le Pen, Macron will have to leave if his lists finishes behind the RN"
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »

https://www.rtl.fr/actu/politique/macron-il-veut-transformer-les-europeennes-en-referendum-selon-mazerolle-7797602994?fbclid=IwAR1cMEingmdxLTQmpQXLfE-wFD_VJ4KkUwtMPJVsPWek4osyyVdY4J3O5Hk

Macron wants the European elections to be a referendum on him and his policies.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 06:09:52 PM »

Can't see how that could possibly go wrong, AT ALL.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2019, 08:32:37 AM »

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/notre-dame-hidalgo-veut-une-renovation-a-l-identique-de-la-toiture-et-la-charpente-20190526?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3-GdnN9xkldBg737CTQuitbgQ5Dgr5KplKfcPEWA383vvJY2u3Nk8c5L8#Echobox=1558869035

Even the PS mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, wants Notre Dame restored identically to how it was before. Jupiter needs to listen.
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2019, 02:23:43 AM »

Ifop poll, 2022 presidential election, first round

Macron: 30%
Le Pen: 28%
Jadot: 12%
Mélenchon: 9%
Wauquiez: 8%
Dupont-Aignan: 5%
Faure: 4%

https://www.parismatch.com/Actu/Politique/Sondage-intentions-de-vote-presidentielle-Macron-et-Le-Pen-largement-en-tete-au-premier-tour-1627135
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2019, 03:04:34 AM »

https://www.parismatch.com/Actu/Politique/Sondage-intentions-de-vote-presidentielle-Macron-et-Le-Pen-largement-en-tete-au-premier-tour-1627135

The Greens becoming the main alternative of the French left would be a wonderful twist.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2019, 03:17:47 AM »

The Greens becoming the main alternative of the French left would be a wonderful twist.

Well they have JLM to thank for that.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2019, 06:55:06 AM »

https://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/video/les-republicains-le-retour-de-nicolas-sarkozy-demande-apres-l-echec-aux-elections-europeennes-1165087.html?fbclid=IwAR1LLa6YPv_IxfsAYqevkF8GIgGrPX-F2PcbIZ0-s1Sjy1pnyJiZ20QT7WY

An increasing amount of LR voters and activists are asking for Sarkozy's return.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2019, 07:58:29 AM »

Be hard to run a campaign while under house arrest, though.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2019, 05:57:01 PM »

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190528/french-senate-says-notre-dame-must-be-restored-exactly-to-how-it-was?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&fbclid=IwAR2aFFGIb_O1rjm5Lv9kBbmzI4MxbFg41O0HcYs29j8MnTdYf71jDhrSg8E

The French Senate says Notre Dame must be restored exactly how it was
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »

Laurent Wauquiez resigns as leader of LR.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2019, 01:22:12 PM »

Laurent Wauquiez resigns as leader of LR.

You beat me to it
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2019, 01:28:17 PM »

https://www.rtl.fr/actu/politique/marion-marechal-le-rn-est-indispensable-a-la-vie-politique-mais-pas-suffisant-7797757739?fbclid=IwAR35Ns8BFkmT-i1fxiBs11fGghI-3CX5qC1jt193ZHRmux6PuqzH2hWgAdg

Marion Maréchal-Le Pen calls for a "grand coalition" between RN and the "popular right", considering that neither can make it on their own.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2019, 01:30:54 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2019, 03:55:13 PM by parochial boy »

Really, I think LR's existential crisis is much worse than the PS's right now. As in there is always going to be a left-wing vote, as evidenced by the fact that, despite the complete éclatement of the left, they still got 35% combined at the Euro elections; and neither LFI or EELV really seem to offer enough to go the whole way (as in both Mélenchon and the greens have blown it in the past...).

While LR are stuck between a Macron who has sucked up pretty much all of the traditional "right" vote and RN. As in, they were barely eve above average in the ex-Catholic departments in the West. So who even votes for them any more? a handful of bcbg cathos in the Hauts-de-Seine, Yvelines and rich suburbs of Lyon and Paris?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2019, 01:37:18 PM »

Really, I think LR's existential crisis is much worse than the PS's right now. As in there is always going to be a left-wing vote, as evidenced by the fact that, despite the complete éclatenent of the left, they still got 35% combined at the Euro elections; and neither LFI or EELV really seem to offer enough to go the whole way (as in both Mélenchon and the greens have blown it in the past...).

While LR are stuck between a Macron who has sucked up pretty much all of the traditional "right" vote and RN. As in, they were barely eve above average in the ex-Catholic departments in the West. So who even votes for them any more? a handful of bcbg cathos in the Hauts-de-Seine, Yvelines and rich suburbs of Lyon and Paris?

Good question. At anyrate up here I actually knew very few under 50s who voted for Macron in 2017. In my "social circle" there was a 3 way split between Fillon, Le Pen and Melenchon voters. I kind of lost interest in French politics after the election so I don't really ask my friends about it anymore, but I'd imagine the Fillon supporters I know are now split between RN and LREM.

At anyrate what I do know is us ex-LR supporters/reluctant LR supporters are all sick and tired of the factionalism, backstabbing and opportunism in LR, and I think that's lost the party a lot of its support, arguably more than being "sandwiched" between Macron and Le Pen.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2019, 01:52:59 PM »

Really, I think LR's existential crisis is much worse than the PS's right now. As in there is always going to be a left-wing vote, as evidenced by the fact that, despite the complete éclatenent of the left, they still got 35% combined at the Euro elections; and neither LFI or EELV really seem to offer enough to go the whole way (as in both Mélenchon and the greens have blown it in the past...).

At anyrate you're probably basically right on who still votes LR, +those same demographics in a few other areas where they're present like in the wealthy suburbs of Lille.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2019, 08:36:05 AM »

https://www.lemonde.fr/culture/article/2019/06/05/notre-dame-desaccord-profond-entre-l-assemblee-et-le-senat_5471717_3246.html

The National Assembly and the Senate can't come up with a compromise on the Notre Dame restoration (or as LREM would say, "reconstruction") bill, and given in France if both houses can't agree, the lower house has the last word, it looks like Macron will get the bill he wants and will be able to do whatever he wants to Notre Dame.

Frankly if the Senate's opinion doesn't matter, I really don't know why it hasn't been abolished yet.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2019, 12:05:54 AM »

Can you please stop double-posting every news about Notre Dame? I don't care if you post it in the Notre Dame thread or the general France thread (and I do appreciate you posting updates on this, since I'm invested in the issue myself and agree with you on it), but it's annoying to have to check two different thread and find the exact same post. Just pick one thread and stick with it.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2019, 04:08:35 AM »

Can you please stop double-posting every news about Notre Dame? I don't care if you post it in the Notre Dame thread or the general France thread (and I do appreciate you posting updates on this, since I'm invested in the issue myself and agree with you on it), but it's annoying to have to check two different thread and find the exact same post. Just pick one thread and stick with it.

OK Will do. I just wanted to keep people updated, especially on an issue I really care about. I didn't mean to annoy anyone. I'll keep updates to the other thread.
Angel of Death
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 04:11:48 PM »

Sarkozy will stand trial for corruption.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies