Black Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Black Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Black Republicans  (Read 3403 times)
walleye26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2019, 05:10:40 PM »

Considering African-Americans vote overwhelmingly Democratic, which African Americans support the Republican Party? Are they more educated? Evangelicals? Wealthy?
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »

Generally male, but beyond that...I have no clue.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »

While there's undoubtedly great diversity amongst black Republicans, they generally wear glasses, have mustaches, wear brown leather jackets, and have a white wife.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 05:22:33 PM »

High socio-economic status, military, Christian opposed to LGBT/abortion rights
James Monroe

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 05:29:37 PM »

Members of religious cults and embodiments of male privilege.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 05:29:51 PM »

There are a ton of black Pentecostals, SDAs, and other conservative Christian groups out there.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 05:30:48 PM »

I'm going to have to refer the OP to my mother who still believe that Black Republicans only exist in places where they can be seen like on television, online, and the radio. You rarely find one in public. Well, at least I haven't.     
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 05:31:08 PM »

Members of religious cults and embodiments of male privilege.

ow the edge
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »

Predominantly male, somewhat higher socioeconmic status like RFK stated, and somewhat more likely to be college educated. They may or may not be more likely to be younger.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 06:11:18 PM »

If exit polls are to be believed, Trump garnered the support of some 1.3 million African-American voters.

Black Trump voters were roughly 70-30 male (13% & 4% of their totals) verses black Clinton voters (and black voters overall) that were roughly 60-40 female. Trump's support was roughly even across the board on age at roughly 9% of African-Americans in each age bracket. Nothing else was broken down by race besides education, where Trump got roughly the same amount of college educated non-whites as non-college educated non-whites.

Based on all of that, your average black Trump voter is an older male with less than a college degree.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls

I know that's not exactly the same question (Trump voter vs. Republican), and it doesn't get as specific as I might like, but it does at least generally answer who some of the most active black republicans might be.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 06:25:41 PM »

Extremely culturally/socially conservative.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 06:34:00 PM »

I'm going to have to refer the OP to my mother who still believe that Black Republicans only exist in places where they can be seen like on television, online, and the radio. You rarely find one in public. Well, at least I haven't.     
My dad was one. LOL. I need to sit down with him and see why. He oddly supported Mike Huckabee in the 2008 Republican Primary but voted for Obama that fall, voted in 2012 GOP Primary (IDK who) and Romney later that year, voted in 2016 GOP Primary (Don't know who voted for- definitely NOT Trump), and did a write-in that fall (he DESPISED Hillary). Somehow or another he ended up ardently supporting Stacey Abrams (probably because I didn't shut up about her). I'll see if he has fully converted in 2020. He seems to be very skeptical of the entire political process and can be swayed either way. He's not ideological at all and has the mindset that all white people have ulterior motives so "RePuBlICaNS aRE RaCiST" doesn't stick with him.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 08:46:45 PM »

This group would generally be high-up on the socioeconomic ladder, have higher education, and hold socially conservative beliefs. In fact, off the top of my head I can think of one black female professor I had in college who now works for the Trump administration.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »

While there's undoubtedly great diversity amongst black Republicans, they generally wear glasses, have mustaches, wear brown leather jackets, and have a white wife.

THEY ARE NOT A MONOLITH!
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 08:57:46 PM »

Religious right and ex-military.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 09:00:13 PM »

In fact, off the top of my head I can think of one black female professor I had in college who now works for the Trump administration.

That's impossible. Fox News told me that all college professors are radical left-wing Marxists who hate America.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 09:04:57 PM »

literally no one is going to point out the obvious example?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Scott
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 09:06:27 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure Mia Love has a giant mustache.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 09:14:27 PM »

Well like one poster said, there is great diversity. Black Republicans are not a monolith.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 09:17:31 PM »

In fact, off the top of my head I can think of one black female professor I had in college who now works for the Trump administration.

That's impossible. Fox News told me that all college professors are radical left-wing Marxists who hate America.

I can send you a PM with this person's name and for you to Google if necessary.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 09:23:31 PM »

I can send you a PM with this person's name and for you to Google if necessary.

I was being facetious.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2019, 09:40:25 PM by Cold War Liberal »

There are a whole hell of a lot more black conservatives than there are black Republicans (or black people who vote for Republicans). I don’t know exactly which demographics do vote for Republicans, but I’d guess socially and economically conservative black people who are simultaneously not old enough to remember how awful the Reagan Administration was but who ARE old enough to have had high hopes for Obama in 2008 that were subsequently not lived up to?

“Im pissed. ROYALLY pissed.”
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 10:15:14 PM »

betcha it is gonna be hard to find another anecdote bud. ANd I swear to god do not say Owens, lol.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 10:30:22 PM »

betcha it is gonna be hard to find another anecdote bud. ANd I swear to god do not say Owens, lol.

Tim Scott doesn't wear glasses or have a mustache. Will Hurd also doesn't have a mustache. Michael Steele is the only prominent black Republican I know of who fits your description - I guess that's where you got it from.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »

Tim Scott doesn't wear glasses or have a mustache. Will Hurd also doesn't have a mustache. Michael Steele is the only prominent black Republican I know of who fits your description - I guess that's where you got it from.

Uh, no, lol.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies