Timeline Ideas Mega Thread

<< < (23/27) > >>

darklordoftech:
Alan Dixon votes against confirming Clarence Thomas and as a result doesn’t get primaried in 1992.

MATTROSE94:
Quote from: boltzy_ on January 19, 2021, 12:40:45 PM

Robert Taft presidency (1953 - 1961)Richard Nixon presidency (1961 - 1963) followed by a Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. presidency (1963 - 1969)[/b]
Second term for W. H. TaftMitt Romney presidency (2013 - 2021)Franklin Roosevelt doesn't run for a third termThe 22nd amendment is never ratified and Eisenhower wins a third term

I know this is an old post, but could this timeline be created? I would love reading it. I assume Henry Cabot Lodge Jr’s time as President would be very similar to Lyndon Johnson and that he would certainly have beaten whoever the Democrats nominated in 1964 with the 485 Authoritarian NUT map and over 60% of the popular vote. I also think think Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. would have been hawkish in Vietnam and that the youth movement would be his downfall even more than with Lyndon Johnson IRL.

Zedonathin2020:
If I were to ever do one, it would be a scenario where Beau Biden doesn’t die of cancer and gets elected to the Delaware Governorship and 2016, and later the Presidency

TimeUnit2027:
Elizabeth Dole presidency in 2000 or Jack Kemp in 1988

Ferguson97:
Hubert Humphrey wins Missouri, New Jersey, and Ohio, leading to a 246-246-46 deadlock in the Electoral College. Due to defections from Southern Dems, Nixon is able to win a majority of state delegations, but the Democratic-controlled Senate elects Edmund Muskie as Vice President.

This result leads to the abolition of the Electoral College.

How does history play out with President Nixon/Vice President Muskie and the abolition of the electoral college?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page