Timeline Ideas Mega Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:41:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Timeline Ideas Mega Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Timeline Ideas Mega Thread  (Read 28704 times)
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2021, 11:10:56 PM »
« edited: February 15, 2021, 11:16:58 PM by NY-22 Lincoln Project Voter for Brindisi »

The Lodge Bill is passed over its Senate filibuster in early 1891. Assume that this blunts the Democratic gains in 1891-1894 to the extent that the bill isn't repealed immediately (flipping a Senate seat or two would do it). Assuming black Southerners could actually legally vote, I assume a lot of things would have gone differently.

Alternatively, Republicans pass a bill guarenteeing black votes in 1921 after their landslide victory. You don't have to assume any additional changes to keep the bill from being repealed immediately, and given the next Democratic President would probably still be Roosevelt, the Democrats wouldn't be as likely to repeal it.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2021, 09:55:41 PM »

I've been thinking of this idea of a Hillary (D) vs. Cruz (R) vs. Bernie (G) vs. Trump (C) 2016 election scenario. Pretty obviously not going to do this due to being horrible with doing TL's.
its_gi_brown
Rookie
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2021, 08:41:32 PM »

I would like to see a one following John Kennedy's reelection battle if he wasn't assassinated, JFK vs Nelson Rocky would be a legendary match
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2021, 12:10:31 PM »

I would like to see a one following John Kennedy's reelection battle if he wasn't assassinated, JFK vs Nelson Rocky would be a legendary match
That already has been done by Cold War Liberal in an excellent timeline that it is sad he had to abandon
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2021, 05:41:53 PM »

Joseph B. Foraker doesn't lose the 1889 Gov race and wins the 1890 OH Senate Race, remaining as the State's favorite son for 1896 and he is the Nominee and he and Henry Clay Evans are President instead of McKinley, T. Roosevelt, and Taft. Meanwhile, Conrad Adenauer is born in the USA.

I was actually thinking about doing this as a collaboration with someone, so if you're interested, just send me a pm here or on Discord
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2022, 02:41:41 AM »

Mondale wins 1984
McGovern wins 1972
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2022, 08:47:15 AM »

If I was to do an interactive Timeline starting in 1788 with George Washington not running and set on President Infinity with players being the people who do important things, would anyone be interested in participating?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2022, 12:05:27 PM »

Thinking of doing a TL based on WW3 starting in February with a joint Russian invasion of Ukraine and Chinese invasion of Taiwan. The Timeline would focus a lot on the military actions throughout the war and political ramifications of it across the globe and will be displayed mainly through News Articles, Points of Views, or Passages from Historical Textbooks/Wikipedia Articles on the Battles/Campaigns of the War.
hjii
Rookie
United States

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »

Ross Perot wins
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2022, 04:46:15 PM »

Some sort of timeline where a prominent American politician moves to another Anglosphere nation as a young child, and ends up becoming a prominent political figure there instead, perhaps even PM since none of them have requirements that you have to be born in that nation to become head of government. (I've seen a fair amount of 'prominent Canadian/UK/Australian politician moves to the US' timelines, but I haven't seen any that do the opposite yet.)

To tack on to this, I’ve wondered what things would be like if Boris Johnson stayed in the US and became a politician here while Trump moved to his mother’s homeland of Scotland and got involved with politics there.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2022, 02:14:48 PM »

Alan Dixon votes against confirming Clarence Thomas and as a result doesn’t get primaried in 1992.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2022, 02:37:34 PM »

• Robert Taft presidency (1953 - 1961)
  • Richard Nixon presidency (1961 - 1963) followed by a Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. presidency (1963 - 1969)
[/b]
  • Second term for W. H. Taft
  • Mitt Romney presidency (2013 - 2021)
  • Franklin Roosevelt doesn't run for a third term
  • The 22nd amendment is never ratified and Eisenhower wins a third term

I know this is an old post, but could this timeline be created? I would love reading it. I assume Henry Cabot Lodge Jr’s time as President would be very similar to Lyndon Johnson and that he would certainly have beaten whoever the Democrats nominated in 1964 with the 485 Authoritarian NUT map and over 60% of the popular vote. I also think think Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. would have been hawkish in Vietnam and that the youth movement would be his downfall even more than with Lyndon Johnson IRL.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2022, 02:58:45 PM »

If I were to ever do one, it would be a scenario where Beau Biden doesn’t die of cancer and gets elected to the Delaware Governorship and 2016, and later the Presidency
TimeUnit2027
Rookie
British Indian Ocean Territory

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2022, 07:47:45 AM »

Elizabeth Dole presidency in 2000 or Jack Kemp in 1988
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2022, 02:50:56 AM »

Hubert Humphrey wins Missouri, New Jersey, and Ohio, leading to a 246-246-46 deadlock in the Electoral College. Due to defections from Southern Dems, Nixon is able to win a majority of state delegations, but the Democratic-controlled Senate elects Edmund Muskie as Vice President.

This result leads to the abolition of the Electoral College.

How does history play out with President Nixon/Vice President Muskie and the abolition of the electoral college?
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2022, 04:38:54 AM »

John McCain wins a contingent election after a 269-269 tie following 8 years of Clinton and 8 years of Gore in a contingent 2008 election following a close race.
YoshiyaDayan
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.94, S: 6.87

P
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2023, 08:23:10 PM »

Bush 1992
Perot 1996
Trump 2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2023, 05:59:57 PM »

I have a TL Idea where the GP do better in the House thanks to CA and NY but do worse in the Senate, losing NC and WI with PA in 2022. In 2024, Trump wins the Presidency while the Republicans hold the House 218-217 and the Senate returns to 50-50 due to OH, MT, and WV flipping R. The 2024 Election ends in Trump getting 269 to Biden's 269 but Trump wins Wisconsin by .6%, with only a couple votes being out of the immediate recount range. Reports indicate that Biden actually won Wisconsin and since he won the NPV by five here, he goes ahead with it. By the time of Jan 6th, 2025, neither candidate has backed down and no one can decide on a President or Vice President. On January 9th, the third day of the 2025 Constitutional Crisis, both Trump and his VP pick, IA Gov Kim Reynolds, are assassinated by Anti-Trump radicals. With the GOP ticket being non-existent, a few Republican Representatives and Senators switch over to re-elect Biden and Harris on January 11th.

Of course, this does not go over well with the Right and on January 20th, mass protests against Biden's second inauguration occurs and in these protests, dozens are killed and hundreds are arrested. The 2025 Political Crisis in the United States reaches a fever pitch when, in September, an armed engagement between Proud Boys members and members of ANTIFA in Nashville. The President sides with ANTIFA while Flynn, Eric Greitens, and others like them call for a mass arming and attack on ANTIFA to destroy them. Throughout September, October, and November, ProudBoys swells to the millions as soldiers, citizens, and the like join them in response to the engagement in ANTIFA. On December 11th, they attack Fort Polk in Louisiana due to it holding several ANTIFA members, being the first proper engagement between ProudBoys, which was renamed into the Free America Society (F. A. S.), and the U S. Army with F. A. S. being successful due to defectors. This marks the start of the Proper American Revolution (the original is renamed the American War of Independence by later Historians) which leads into the Proper American Civil War (the original is renamed the Great Southern Rebellion by later historians).

thoughts?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2023, 11:34:56 AM »

Anyone consider doing an Axis/N*zi victory scenario that sees an alternate 20th and 21st centuries based on Soviet Survival by paxamericana?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2023, 11:09:08 PM »

Anyone consider doing an Axis/N*zi victory scenario that sees an alternate 20th and 21st centuries based on Soviet Survival by paxamericana?

I certainly would. Soviet Survival is awesome, imo.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2023, 01:57:04 PM »

The main idea is to get Byrd as FDR's Vice President in some manner (maybe have Garner die weeks before the Convention and so FDR needs the amount of Delegates that Byrd has to be nominated). Zangara then kills FDR and Byrd becomes President with his own ideas for the Democrats, causing a Democratic civil war. The Republicans in 1936 unite behind Wisconsin Senator Robert Marion "Young Bob" La Follette, a progressive Republican in the mold of his father who is also an isolationist and picks Illinois Congressman Everett Dirksen for VP. Follette/Dirksen, working as a united ProgCon Ticket, defeats the divided Democrats, split between the Longists, the Establishment, and the Dixiecrats. Also, in 1934, due to Byrd's actions, the Democrats loses their majorities in both chambers by large margins and no support system is ever set up for the British or Soviets in WW2, which leads to an Amero-Nazi Cold War up to Hitler's Death. Does the ideas sound very interesting?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2023, 05:36:16 PM »

The main idea is to get Byrd as FDR's Vice President in some manner (maybe have Garner die weeks before the Convention and so FDR needs the amount of Delegates that Byrd has to be nominated). Zangara then kills FDR and Byrd becomes President with his own ideas for the Democrats, causing a Democratic civil war. The Republicans in 1936 unite behind Wisconsin Senator Robert Marion "Young Bob" La Follette, a progressive Republican in the mold of his father who is also an isolationist and picks Illinois Congressman Everett Dirksen for VP. Follette/Dirksen, working as a united ProgCon Ticket, defeats the divided Democrats, split between the Longists, the Establishment, and the Dixiecrats. Also, in 1934, due to Byrd's actions, the Democrats loses their majorities in both chambers by large margins and no support system is ever set up for the British or Soviets in WW2, which leads to an Amero-Nazi Cold War up to Hitler's Death. Does the ideas sound very interesting?

It does, yeah.

I would think though that some mild support (much less than OTL) would probably still pass.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2023, 05:59:37 PM »

It does, yeah.

I would think though that some mild support (much less than OTL) would probably still pass.

It more or less depends on who is the Speaker of the House (And the Conservative Republicans would likely put up someone like Hamilton Fish III due to name recognition, being from a safe district, being from an important state, and being a leading figure in the GOP up to the War IOTL).
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2023, 05:49:35 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=555798.0 writing the American-Nazi Cold War I talked about some time ago here
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2023, 07:10:53 PM »

The Senate rejects Aaron Burr’s suggestion to repeal their “previous question” rule.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies