MI-Emerson: Trump down 2 to 8 points
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:22:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  MI-Emerson: Trump down 2 to 8 points
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Emerson: Trump down 2 to 8 points  (Read 3992 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2019, 01:34:48 PM »

Biden v. Trump: 54%-46%

Klobuchar v. Trump: 53%-47%

Sanders v. Trump: 52%-47%

Harris v. Trump: 51%-49%

Warren v. Trump:51%-49%

Statewide, President Trump has a 52% disapproval and 40% approval (registered voters, March 7-10, mm, n=743, +/- 3.5%). More concerning for the President is that 56% of Michigan voters said they are unlikely to vote for Trump (of which 52% are very unlikely to vote for him); 44% of voters say they are likely to vote for Trump (37% are very likely).

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/michigan-2020-primary-biden-with-strong-lead-but-sanders-waiting-in-the-wings
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »

Pretty good poll for Trump
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 05:59:13 PM »

56% say they are unlikely to vote for Trump but he gets consistently more than 44% of the vote. I know its a poll with no undecideds results but I think we can confirm there is definitely a shy Trump effect in the midwest, as the Marquette Wisconsin poll showed similar results. Michigan is nothing more than tilt D at this point.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:21:49 PM »

I don't think we can really assume that polling biases will be the same every year (except in some states in particular, where there really are systematic problems.) Polls weren't really far off at all in MI/PA/WI in 2018, and I could see a Democratic candidate who runs a strong campaign in the Midwest possibly even beating their polls if they get good turnout. Still, this early, Michigan should be considered a Toss-Up.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 07:24:07 AM »

So, Harris does 7 points better than Klobuchar in the primary but does 6 points worse than her in the general? Yuh.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 08:39:34 AM »

So, Harris does 7 points better than Klobuchar in the primary but does 6 points worse than her in the general? Yuh.

Probably because 1) Klobuchar is well liked among those who know her, but not their first choice, but more second and third choice 2) Voters are forced to choose between one of the two because Emerson refuses to include the undecided option and 3) Harris might have some kind of fan group who are highly enthuasistic of her (highly educated, blacks) but less appeal to swing voters / rural voters or less name recognition.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 09:21:26 AM »

Probably because 1) Klobuchar is well liked among those who know her, but not their first choice, but more second and third choice 2) Voters are forced to choose between one of the two because Emerson refuses to include the undecided option and 3) Harris might have some kind of fan group who are highly enthuasistic of her (highly educated, blacks) but less appeal to swing voters / rural voters or less name recognition.

Klobuchar literally has half the name recognition Kamala does. The poll doesn’t make sense. Emerson doesn’t really have a good reputation.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 09:41:48 AM »

Really not good for Peters if he is only up by 1 in a poll where Trump is down by 2 to 8.
Bumaye

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 10:54:57 AM »

So Kamala is leading by as much as Hillary did in the last election. That worked out well.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:59:43 AM »

Klobuchar literally has half the name recognition Kamala does. The poll doesn’t make sense. Emerson doesn’t really have a good reputation.
But Harris might've higher name recognition among (reluctant) Trump voters, which would explain the results. I'm not saying it's a good poll, i'm just trying to explain the results.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 11:06:35 AM »

So Kamala is leading by as much as Hillary did in the last election. That worked out well.

No mention of Warren.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 04:38:45 AM »

Proof that Trump can still be competitive in the midwest. The tariffs didn't take a toll on Trump after all.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 03:49:28 AM »

If Trump loses MI by more than 2.5 points he will lose the election, I can still seem him winning WI if the margin is under 2.5 Points but not greater.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 04:01:00 AM »

How do you figure? I don’t recall Bush or Obama trailing this early in any swing states in their re-election bids

Well by this time in 2003 I think Bush was expected to sweep 40+ states in tune to a landslide victory as his approval was still in the high 60s.

And of Course, the most famous example is in 1991 where Bush Sr was expected to be reelected in the biggest landslide since 1820 (a potential 50 state sweep). I read an article from even late 1991 where it says Jay Leno joked that a new poll between President Bush and Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton shows Clinton only winning his home state of Arkansas and DC so it seems like he is more of an old Democrat to me

Clinton though in 1995 I believe was considered to be DOA at this point of his Presidency .
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 07:38:22 AM »

Despite having more accurate midterm polls than nearly everyone else.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 11:01:30 AM »

lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »