Alcon's 2006 Election Projection - Governors (Issue 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:55:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alcon's 2006 Election Projection - Governors (Issue 2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alcon's 2006 Election Projection - Governors (Issue 2)  (Read 4988 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 09:16:39 AM »

I'd also like to add about Wisconsin, that Doyle has been fundraising like a madman.

Welcome to the forum.  Good luck with Doyle next year.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 01:03:20 PM »

Well Doyle has no serious opposition either.

Green would be more formidable then Walker, who, for some reason (because he is an ass) polls the same as Green in the Milwaukee burbs. Green polls much higher than Walker in the Fox Valley (Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh) and would get the vote their by a wide margin. I could see Green beating Doyle in a even money fight
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 02:19:09 PM »

I would like to note that on Alcon's final map, all states with Democratic governors are linked together. Smiley (excepting Alaska, of course)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 03:35:05 PM »

Green would be more formidable then Walker, who, for some reason (because he is an ass) polls the same as Green in the Milwaukee burbs. Green polls much higher than Walker in the Fox Valley (Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh) and would get the vote their by a wide margin. I could see Green beating Doyle in a even money fight

I live in Whitewater WI by the way.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 05:23:59 PM »

Florida updated per new polling information.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 11:32:51 AM »

I live in Whitewater WI by the way.

Haha, next year I'll be going there. Tongue

Once everything gets going I believe that Walker could beat Doyle easier. He could get more support in this area of the state (Milwaukee and the suburbs) which is needed to win the state. And if Green helped him the state could tip.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 11:37:23 AM »

Possible PA update?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 12:44:45 PM »

Pennsylvania
Call: Lean Democrat
Pennsylvania is a fairly Republican state on the local level, but Governor Ed Rendell is doing surprising well in polling considering that he has an approval defecit.  Recent polls have shown him beating both ex-Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Lynn Swann and the more political Lt. Governor Bill Scranton.

It's surprising to see a personable and well-known candidate like Swann doing so poorly so early in the game, even if it is well-known that he isn't a politician. Polls show him losing by a fairly embarassing margin, with Scranton faring slightly better.  Then again, Rendell, an Eagles postgame announcer, also has a sports fan pedigree.  This race may become hot, but at this point, it is surprisingly one-sided.

U happy?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 12:45:52 PM »

Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is a fairly Republican state on the local level, but Governor Ed Rendell is doing surprising well in polling considering that he has an approval defecit.  Recent polls have shown him beating both ex-Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Lynn Swann and the more political Lt. Governor Bill Scranton.

It's surprising to see a personable and well-known candidate like Swann doing so poorly so early in the game, even if it is well-known that he isn't a politician. Polls show him losing by a fairly embarassing margin, with Scranton faring slightly better.  Then again, Rendell, an Eagles postgame announcer, also has a sports fan pedigree.  This race may become hot, but at this point, it is surprisingly one-sided.

U happy?

I meant an update after that, idiot. Your Eddie is in trouble!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2005, 01:03:49 PM »

Pennsylvania

U happy?

PA taking over another thread again!  Yes I am such a partisan hack for thinking Ed Rendell will win and does his job as governor rather than a sports announcer like Lynn Swann does, but he's better because he has no political experience but he did photo-op as some fitness guy on some Presidential council somwhere and that makes him more qualified than Ed Rendell who is supported by stupid Eagles fans who like cheesteaks and so does Ed Rendell.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 01:06:03 PM »

Pennsylvania

U happy?

PA taking over another thread again!  Yes I am such a partisan hack for thinking Ed Rendell will win and does his job as governor rather than a sports announcer like Lynn Swann does, but he's better because he has no political experience but he did photo-op as some fitness guy on some Presidential council somwhere and that makes him more qualified than Ed Rendell who is supported by stupid Eagles fans who like cheesteaks and so does Ed Rendell.

Rendell is a sports announcer more than he is a Governor. Eddie is not the lock you think he is and polls have been proving that for quite some time. With such poor approval ratings, high disapproval ratings and a very small lead over his opponents, PA is a weak lean Dem.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 01:09:25 PM »

I'll admit Eddie is no lock, but I want him to win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2005, 01:45:21 PM »

I'll admit Eddie is no lock, but I want him to win.

I know that you want him to win but you have to admit that he is in trouble.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »

I have a lot of things to make up due to illness and I will need polling information relayed to me if you want an update before the weekend.  Feel free to post it and I will do an upgrade, even if I have to wait on the description.  Thanks.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2005, 04:12:18 PM »

I have a lot of things to make up due to illness and I will need polling information relayed to me if you want an update before the weekend.  Feel free to post it and I will do an upgrade, even if I have to wait on the description.  Thanks.

I did post poll info. Check the PA Gubernatorial thread.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2005, 05:41:39 PM »

South Carolina
Call: Strong Lean Republican
Republican Mark Sanford has annoyed his base a few times in his battles with the state legislature over education issues, but he is fairly solid for re-election come 2006.  His main opponent, Tommy Moore, is little more than the standard "some state senator" candidate.  Florence mayor Frank Willis is little better, and mayors of medium-sized cities rarely get elected Governor anyway.  Sanford could stand to improve his popularity ratings, but even at their current levels, he could easily dispatch all of the candidates the Democrats have to offer so far.

I'd drop this down to just Lean Republican rather than Strong Lean.

Sanford's popularity isn't what it once was. As noted in The State back on the 6th, Sanford has dropped to a 49% approval rating with a 43% disapproval rating. in a recent Survey USA poll.   There's even the outside chance that it could be Oscar Lovelace who will retain the Governor's Mansion for the Republicans, and it's looking now as if he will do at least respectably.

About the only friends that Sanford can count on to help him right now are the dollars he has socked away in his campaign war chest  After all, even in South Carolina, Bush is doing poorly, so while I doubt if he will hurt Sanford, I also doubt he will help in 2006.  Sanford infights with the Republican General Assembly, and he has a lame Republican Lt. Gov. in Andre Bauer who, if he doesn't lose the primary, will certainly the general election.

It remains to be seen how the Time story this week affects Sanford. Perversely enough, it might help Sanford, since lumping him with Taft and Blancio as one of the thre worst governors is a bit hyperbolic.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies