MO-GOV 2020 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:23:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-GOV 2020 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-GOV 2020 megathread  (Read 4846 times)
LoneStarDem
United States
« on: March 04, 2019, 11:12:35 AM »

It seems like the MO GOP is settled on white bread and steady Gov. Mike Parson for reelection.

However, former Gov. Eric Greitens may challenge Parson to get his job back after resigning due to scandal.

For the Democrats, I think Russ or Robin Carnahan would be good choices to take back the State House, since Claire McCaskill looks like her political career is over as she is a pundit now.

Is Greitens eligible to serving 2nd & 3rd non-consecutive terms ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 05:25:13 PM »

It seems like the MO GOP is settled on white bread and steady Gov. Mike Parson for reelection.

However, former Gov. Eric Greitens may challenge Parson to get his job back after resigning due to scandal.

For the Democrats, I think Russ or Robin Carnahan would be good choices to take back the State House, since Claire McCaskill looks like her political career is over as she is a pundit now.

Is Greitens eligible to serving 2nd & 3rd non-consecutive terms ?

No, he gets two terms only.  Which is weird, because every other executive office has no term limits (except for State Treasurer, for some reason).

MO term limits are STUPID. Didn't Hearnes put the 2-term provision in there to succeed himself ? I heard he tried to get a 3rd term in there, but was prevented from doing so.

LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 10:44:31 AM »

State Rep. Crystal Quade should run. The only Democrat to survive in MO-7, a very Republican district in which I live. Nicole Galloway should run. Fat chance Greitens runs again. His political career is over.

La'Ondrill "Chuck" Brown is the only candidate running for the Democratic nomination. Though he's very inexperienced, I've been watching his campaign and he seems to be Progressive. Claire McCaskill embracing Centrism and alienating Progressive voters in 2018 is why she lost. I voted for Jo Crain. We need a Progressive candidate in 2020 or Parson is going to walk away with this one.

Progressives are destroying the Dems in general. You need to be in the CENTER in order to win statewide elections.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 03:01:43 PM »

What are Parson's popularity ratings so far ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »

The state looks gone for the Dems for the foreseeable future. Maybe when the suburbs get bluer they can win, but the rural areas are gone.

They should focus on MO-02 rather than the Governor’s mansion.

In other words: you're suggesting the MO Dems to leave the Show Me State altogether ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:25 AM »

In other words, I have this at Likely GOP Hold with Parson winning a 1st full 4-year term.

LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 04:18:02 PM »

Is it possible the MO Dems would leave Parson virtually unopposed in 2020 ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 03:33:46 PM »

Whoever said Cooper of NC is vulnerable is CRAZY.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies