L 1.5 The Lincoln Residency for Ministers Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:26:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  L 1.5 The Lincoln Residency for Ministers Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: L 1.5 The Lincoln Residency for Ministers Act  (Read 431 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2019, 12:15:24 AM »
« edited: February 28, 2019, 12:25:22 AM by Clinton/Lee Carter/Trump Anti-Bernie voter »

I introduce the following:

L 1.5: The Lincoln Residency for Ministers Act
You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

Sponsor:DKrol
Time to Debate: 72 hours
Slot:Government Slot 3
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 12:14:06 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

As I said during the first session of Chancellor's Questions, it is my belief that the Comprehensive Constitutional Amendment was put in place in order to promote activity. I think a central part of that is flexibility in the Government. Look at the number of Members of the Council - one less than the number of candidates but no fewer than four. It's inherently reflexive to address the wants and needs of the time. I see the number of cabinet ministers as the same. Right now, I don't think it would make sense to have more than three or four cabinet ministers total. I don't think the game could support more than that at this time. But that is now. I want a Chancellor down the line to be able to grow the cabinet if the region can support it. And I think that this is something that the Chancellor should be able to do unilaterally, as cabinet ministers do not require a confirmation by the Council and serve as the pleasure of the Chancellor.

As to the residency requirement, I think that that is just commonsense. Freemont wouldn't want a resident of Lincoln running their Attorney General's office, nor would we want them to run of Justice Ministry. This is the Government by, for, and of the people and Lincoln and we should keep it that way.

The final portion of the bill is a 'cover our butts' amendment, to ensure that there is someone to administer elections in the event the office of Regional Elections Minister is vacant. As the Governor is the head of state and an 'above politics' unifying figure, it seems fit that His Excellency should execute elections in the event that the Ministry is vacant.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 12:56:01 AM »

As 72 hours has passed I vote aye with 24 hours voting period
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 09:16:54 AM »

Aye
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 10:03:07 AM »

Aye
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 01:10:12 AM »

According to Governor Peanut this was only the motion to vote on it.
To avoid any legal issues I vote aye on the actual bill.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:36:16 AM »

There is no need to invoke cloture on every bill. The time for debate ended, and a voting period began. The vote was a valid vote on final passage. Re-holding the vote is a mockery for Lincoln and a waste of our tax-payers' time.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 10:19:45 AM »

Then the Bill is sent to the governor for his signature.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 10:51:50 AM »

AN ACT relative to the qualifications of serving as a cabinet minister and other purposes.

Be it resolved that the Comprehensive Constitutional Amendment is amended to read as follows:

7. The cChancellor shall lead a Cabinet that may be comprised of a Minister of Internal Affairs, a Minister of Justice, and a Minister of Elections appointed by the chancellor.

The Minister of Internal Affairs shall be tasked with overseeing bill implementation and updating the wiki statute; the Minister of Justice shall be tasked as the principal legal officer of Lincoln and shall give legal advice to the government; and the Minister of Regional Elections shall be tasked with overseeing all election administration and queries.

The cChancellor shall have the power to create additional executive offices with the approval of two thirds of the Councilat his discretion.

Members of the cCabinet shall serve at the pleasure of the cChancellor, and may be impeached and removed from office by a vote of two-thirds of the Council.

It is encouraged that the ministers of the Cabinet be chosen from among the body of incumbent cCouncillors, yet this shall not preclude the appointment of private citizens not presently cCouncillors. No one who is not a registered resident of Lincoln may be appointed as a Cabinet minister.

If there is not a Minister of Regional Elections within two weeks of a regularely scheduled election or at the time of the announcement of a by-election or a snap election, the Governor shall assume the duties of that office.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies