1st Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:03:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  1st Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1st Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 1844 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:39:20 PM »

All legislation for the 1st Meeting of the Council of Lincoln must be posted here. No debating or voting is to occur here.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:45:26 PM »

I introduce the following:

L 1.1: The DKrol Ministry Confidence Act
You must be logged in to read this quote.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 12:02:25 AM »

L 1.2: The Speaker Election Act
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:04:26 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2019, 01:26:03 AM by DKrol »

L 1.3: The SOAP Act
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 01:09:17 AM »

L 1.4: The Chancellor's Questions Act
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 01:25:33 AM »

L 1.5: The Lincoln Residency for Ministers Act
[/quote]
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 05:14:51 PM »

L 1.6: The Pet Vendor Act
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 07:24:30 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2019, 07:29:26 PM by wxtransit »

I'd like for one of the MCs to sponsor this for me:

2. Article I, Section 6 shall be amended as follows:

3. Article V, Section 6 shall be amended as follows:

Section 2. Explanation
1. The explanation for the preceding amendments is as follows:
[/quote][/quote]
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 07:52:05 PM »

I will sponsor. Also:
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »

[/quote][/quote]
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 01:30:21 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]I will sponsor
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 05:04:10 AM »

L 1.6: The Pet Vendor Act
AN ACT relative to the definition of a pet vendor.

L 15.10 is amended as follows:

Section 3. Any person who sells or transfers 20 or more dogs, 20 or more cats, 30 or more ferrets, 30 or more birds, or 50 or more small animals such as, but not limited to, gerbils, rats, mice, and reptiles, within one calendar year is considered a pet vendor and is subject to unannounced searches by the Department of Agriculture to ensure the health of the breeding animals and the offspring as well as the sanitation of the breeding facility and the propriety of the operations.

I will sponsor. Also:
An Act
Pharmaceutical Price Transparency Act

A Bill to require manufacturers of essential pharmaceutical drugs to notify the government of price increases one-year in advance.

Section I: Essential Drug Record
1.) Lincoln health officials will compile an evolving list of essential life-saving drugs, such as insulin for diabetics, in order to inform pharmaceutical manufacturers of which drugs are included in the new regulations.
2.) The list will be updated publicly so as to notify both patients and manufacturers.

Section II: Information requirements
1.) Pharmaceutical manufactures are required to disclose planned price increases of essential life-saving drugs one-year in advanced to Lincoln government officials.
     - Failure to notify the government of price increases will result in a monetary penalty deemed
       appropriate by the Inspector General.
2.) Companies are required to disclose an explanation for any price increase above 15%.
     - Failure to submit an explanation will result in a monetary penalty deemed appropriate by the
       Inspector General.

Section III
1.) This bill takes effect upon signing by the Governor.

Majority Override Amendment

sets the threshold for a referendum override to a majority of the Council

Section 1. Amendment
1. Article 1, Section 6 shall be amended as follows:
6. Every bill passed by the Council, before it becomes law, shall first be sent to the governor. If he approves of it, he should sign it and it will become law; but if he disapproves he may refer the bill to a general referendum. The Council may override the reference of the governor by a four-fifths votemajority vote of all elected MCs. If the governor fails to take any action on a bill within 120 hours of its passage, it shall become law.
I will sponsor

All 3 of these bills need to be brought to the floor by the speaker.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 06:48:28 AM »

L.1.6 is already on the floor. I sponsored it at the end of last session.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 07:41:30 AM »

I have to wait for the chancellor to provide me with the bills to place on the floor.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 05:16:48 PM »

L 1.11: The LGBT Protection Act
AN ACT relative to protections for LGBT Lincolnites.

Be It Resolved That:

1. No organization, society, or other group of more than three people which is otherwise open to members of the public may exclude a Lincolnite who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender on the basis of their sexual identity.
a. This includes but is not limited to golf clubs, trade unions, professional associations, card clubs, or sporting clubs.

2. No school which receives more than $1 in funding from the Government of Lincoln, even if it is private or a public charter school, may exclude children who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender or children who are raised in a household by parents who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender on the basis of the sexual identity of either the child or the parent(s).

3. No institution or other entity which has been granted a tax exempt status by the Government of Lincoln may exclude a Lincolnite who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender on the basis of their sexual identity.
a. Any institution or entity found in violation of Section 3 of this act will immediately forfeit their tax exempt status for ten years, although this forfeiture may be appealed to the Ministry of Justice after four years.

4. The Office of the LGBT Advocate is hereby established, within the Ministry of Justice, with the purpose of investigating and prosecuting any and all crimes relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Lincolnites.

5. All schools in Lincoln which receive more than $1 in funding from the Government of Lincoln, even if it is private or a public charter school, must include LGBT sexual education in any health and sexual education course taught at the school, beginning in 6th Grade. The LGBT sexual education must be taught in the same manner as heterosexual sexual education is instructed, which a special focus on sexual transmitted infections and the HIV/AIDs Crisis.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 10:07:59 PM »

Amendment to the Standing Orders:
Section II
A. No more than four bills shall be allowed on the floor concurrently, to be referred to as Legislative Slots on the Docket, except pursuant to Article I, Section 13 of the Comprehensive Constitutional Amendment.

Government Slot 1: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Government Slot 2: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Government Slot 3: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Government Slot 4: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Opposition Slot 1: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor on behalf of the Leader of the Opposition.

A. The Speaker shall keep a thread on the Regional Governments board wherein for introducing legislation. This thread shall be known as the Lincoln Council Legislation Introduction Thread. Sitting Councillors may post in this thread.

B. 7 threads about legislation may be open for voting and debate simultaneously. Of these 7 threads, 5 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the government, and 2 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the opposition. The Speaker shall move government and opposition legislation to these threads in the order in which it was introduced in the Legislation Introduction Thread.

B. C. Each piece of legislation on the floor shall receive its own thread. Threads shall be titled as follows:

L 1.1: The BLANK Act, where L acknowledges the legislation is in the Council of Lincoln, 1 indicating that the legislation is in the first meeting of the Council of Lincoln, 1 indicating that the legislation was the first piece of legislation introduced in the Legislation Introduction Thread, and BLANK being replaced with the name of the piece of legislation.

C. D. Each thread shall remain open until the bill either (a) becomes law via the Governor's signature, lack of Gubernatorial action, or referendum override, (b) fails to receive majority support from Council, (c) is sent to the public for a referendum, pursuant to Article I, Section 6 of the Comprehensive Constitutional Amendment, or (d) the Chancellor moves to revoke it from the floor, subject to a majority vote.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »

Amendment to the Standing Orders:
Section II
A. No more than four bills shall be allowed on the floor concurrently, to be referred to as Legislative Slots on the Docket, except pursuant to Article I, Section 13 of the Comprehensive Constitutional Amendment.

Government Slot 1: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Government Slot 2: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Government Slot 3: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Government Slot 4: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor.

Opposition Slot 1: The Speaker shall place a piece of legislation in this slot as directed by the Chancellor on behalf of the Leader of the Opposition.

A. The Speaker shall keep a thread on the Regional Governments board wherein for introducing legislation. This thread shall be known as the Lincoln Council Legislation Introduction Thread. Sitting Councillors may post in this thread.

B. 7 threads about legislation may be open for voting and debate simultaneously. Of these 7 threads, 5 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the government, and 2 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the opposition. The Speaker shall move government and opposition legislation to these threads in the order in which it was introduced in the Legislation Introduction Thread.

B. C. Each piece of legislation on the floor shall receive its own thread. Threads shall be titled as follows:

L 1.1: The BLANK Act, where L acknowledges the legislation is in the Council of Lincoln, 1 indicating that the legislation is in the first meeting of the Council of Lincoln, 1 indicating that the legislation was the first piece of legislation introduced in the Legislation Introduction Thread, and BLANK being replaced with the name of the piece of legislation.

C. D. Each thread shall remain open until the bill either (a) becomes law via the Governor's signature, lack of Gubernatorial action, or referendum override, (b) fails to receive majority support from Council, (c) is sent to the public for a referendum, pursuant to Article I, Section 6 of the Comprehensive Constitutional Amendment, or (d) the Chancellor moves to revoke it from the floor, subject to a majority vote.
I will sponsor
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 03:45:10 PM »

L 1.13: The Smart Energy Act
AN ACT relative to the promotion of smart energy strategies.

Be It Resolved That:

1. Renewable Energy Production Classification
a. Class I energy production will be considered energy produced from new thermal or wind projects.
b. Class II energy production will be considered energy produced from new solar projects.
c. Class III energy production will be considered energy produced from new biomass projects.
d. Class IV energy production will be consided energy produced by new hydroelectric projects.

2. By the year 2025, 25% of Lincoln's total electric grid must have originated from Class I, Class II, Class III, or Class IV sources.
a. Class II and Class III sources must comprise no less than 5% of that 25%.

3. By the year 2035, 50% of Lincoln's total electric grid must have originated from Class I, Class II, Class III, or Class IV sources.
a. Class II and Class III sources must comprise no less than 20% of that 50%.

4. By the year 2045, 75% of Lincoln's total electric grid must have originated from Class I, Class II, Class III, or Class IV sources.
a. Class I, Class II, or Class IIII sources must comproise not less than 50% of that 75%.

5. By the year 2055, 100% of Lincoln's total electric grid must have originated from Class I, Class II, Class III, or Class IV sources.

6. Any Lincoln resident who, or business which, installs or invests in a Class I, Class III, or Class IV project may receive a rebate up to 40% of the total cost of the project or the total value of the investment in the next tax filing period after the completion of the project, up to $7,000.

7. Any Lincoln resident who, or business which, installs or invests in a Class II project may receive a rebate up to 25% of the total cost of the project or the total value of the investment in the next tax filing period after the completion of the project, up to $5,000.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »

L 1.14: The Rail Investment Act
AN ACT relative to the promotion of commuter and commercial rail in Lincoln

Be It Resolved That:

1. A commission to study the conditions of commuter and commercial rail in Lincoln is formed.
a. The commission will be comprised of six members, three appointed by the Governor and three appointed by the Chancellor. The members will elect on of their own as Chair of the commission.
b. The commission is tasked with analyzing the current state of commuter and commercial rail in Lincoln, including but not limited to heavy rail, subways, tramways, monorails, and high-speed rail.
c. Before July 1, 2020, the commission will submit a report to the Governor and the Chancellor with recommendations on how to improve access to rail in Lincoln, as well as the current state of existing rail systems and recommendations on sustainability.
d. The commission is allowed to hire one (1) full-time staff member to assist with secretarial and administrative tasks.
e. Members of the comission may, if they choose, be reimbursed at a rate of $.51 per mile driven while conducting work for the commission.

2. A special license plate is created, known as the Lincoln Heritage plate, to fund the commission. 75% of the revenues from the purchase of a Lincoln Heritage plate will go towards the commission. a. The design of the Lincoln Heritage plate will be set by the Department of Motor Vehicles and will draw on the rich history and natural beauty of Lincoln.
b. Any funds raised by the Lincoln Heritage plate after the submission of the commission's report will be transferred to the general fund.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »

You all can propose some shiny bills whenever you want to Smiley
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 08:46:34 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2019, 08:49:49 AM by AustralianSwingVoter »

You all can propose some shiny bills whenever you want to Smiley

If you're truly desperate, as a last resort you could probably hire Mr R.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »

Amendment to Constitution:

Article V. Elections
The right to vote in all elections and referendums called according to the provisions of this Constitution shall be exclusive to those persons being eligible to vote in elections for President of the Republic of Atlasia who have been registered to vote in one of the states of this Region for a period of at least seven (7) days prior to the commencement of the election.

Voters shall be permitted to edit their ballots until 20 minutes after posting them in the voting booth. No voter shall edit their ballot after the official end of the voting period.

All elections and referendums of this Region shall be administered by the Minister of Regional Elections. Whenever the Minister of Regional Elections is unable to execute this duty, the Speaker of the Council shall administer the election.

Regular elections for governor shall be held in the months of March, July, and November. Elections for Council shall be held in the months of January, April, July, and October.

The manner for electing the governor shall be as follows, using a two-round voting system: a general ballot of all declared candidates shall begin at 12:00:00 am on the penultimate Friday of the given month and conclude seventy-two hours thereafter. Voters shall mark their ballot for a single candidate only. In the event one candidate should receive a majority of all the votes cast, inclusive of blank or spoilt ballots, that candidate shall be elected governor. Should no majority exist, the recipients of the largest and next-largest shares of the votes cast shall advance to a second ballot to be held beginning at 12:00:00 am on the final Friday of the given month and to conclude seventy-hours thereafter. No more than two candidates shall advance to the second ballot, and none save these shall be eligible to receive votes. Should the number of candidates qualified to advance be greater than two as the result of a tie, the Council shall nominate two candidates to advance to the second ballot, unless a sufficient number should earlier concede. A majority of valid votes on the second ballot shall be sufficient to elect the governor; in the event of a tie, the governor shall be elected by a vote of the Council. Special elections for governor shall be by Instant Runoff Voting.

Candidates for governor, Council and federal Senate must declare their candidacy in the appropriate thread by 12:00:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time, on the Wednesday preceding the election in order to appear on the ballot. Party identification of gubernatorial candidates may not be displayed anywhere on the ballot. Party identification for candidates for any other office may be displayed below their name.

Except in December, all elections for governor, Council, and federal Senate shall begin on the penultimate Friday of the given month. In December, all elections shall begin on the second Friday of the month. All special elections for governor and by-elections for Council shall begin on the second first Friday following the creation of the vacancy to be filled; but if the vacancy shall occur on a Thursday, the special election shall begin on the third second Friday following the creation of the vacancy. The appropriate election administrator shall open the voting booth at 12:00:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time. Voting shall continue for 72 hours, and no vote cast more than 72 hours after the voting booth was opened shall be considered valid. The election administrator must accept any absentee ballots cast no more than 168 hours prior to the commencement of the election.

Following the expiration of the voting period, the election administrator shall have 24 hours to produce a tally of the votes cast and to announce the persons elected.
All elections shall be by single transferable vote, unless otherwise specified by law or elsewhere in this Constitution.

The terms of the elected governor and councilors shall begin at 12:00:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time, on the Tuesday following their election. Prior to assuming office, all officers shall swear the following oath: “I, [A.B.], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of [state office name] and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitutions of the Lincoln Region and the Republic of Atlasia.” Appointment of the chancellor by the governor may not be made before this time.

All referendums on referred legislation, proposed amendments to this Constitution, and proposed amendments to the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia shall begin on the first Friday following their passage by the appropriate body; but if the passage shall occur on a Thursday, the referendum shall begin on the second Friday following passage. All recall elections shall begin on the first Friday following the receipt of the valid petition for recall; but if the petition is received on a Thursday, the recall election shall begin on the second Friday following receipt. The appropriate election administrator shall open the voting booth at 12:00:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time. Voting shall continue for 72 hours, and no vote cast more than 72 hours after the voting booth was opened shall be considered valid.

In all referendums, a “YES” vote shall be considered a vote in favor of passing the referendum and a “NO” vote shall be considered a vote against passing the referendum. Abstentions shall not affect the results of the referendum. In all cases, a simple majority of those voting “YES” or “NO” shall be required to pass the referendum.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 08:07:35 PM »

An Act
Safe Injection Act

A Bill to approve entities to operate overdose prevention programs that satisfy specified requirements

Section I: Establishment
1.) Upon passage of the bill, it will be legal for municipalities to establish injection sites for drug addicts, provided they uphold safety regulations.
2.) Municipalities will provide advanced notice to law enforcement regarding the establishment of all new injection sites.

Section II: Purpose
1.) Injection sites are designed to provide a safe and hygienic space for people to use preobtained drugs.
     - All injection sites must be monitored by licensed healthcare professionals
2.) All injection sites will have staff to administer first aid and provide treatment for potential overdoses.

Section III: Safety Regulations
1.) All injections sites must provide:
     - Sterile and unused hyperdermic needles/syringes
     - Security to protect staff and users
     - Education, provided by staff, in regards to drug abuse and STDs
     - Access and referrals to substance abuse clinics
2.) All injection sites are required to provide a monthly report detailing the number of patients, overdoses, and referred persons. This report shall be delivered to both the municipality and the Lincoln region as a whole.

Section IV
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 08:57:01 PM by Comrade Funk »

An Act
Parks and Forests Protection Act

A Bill to instate a ban of all oil and shale drilling in regional parks and forest lands.

Section I: Environmental protections
1.) Exploration companies have failed to demonstrate that oil and gas development can be conducted in an environmentally responsible manner.
2.) All regional parks and forests lands are hereby barred from any oil, shale, or gas drilling.

Section II
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »

Let's get started!

Right To Work Repeal Act

to protect the growth and longevity of labor unions and an organized workforce

Section I

1. The Right to Work Act (L 14.3) is repealed, and the provisions of law amended or repealed by such Act are restored or revived as if such Act had not been enacted.

Section II

2. No law or proviso established by act of the Lincoln Council shall prevent employers from requiring the payment of dues for the purpose of collective bargaining to a labor union as a condition for employment. Each individual member may opt out of having their dues payments used for political or lobbying purposes. All relevant regional statutes are amended accordingly.

Section III

3. This act takes effect immediately upon signing by the governor.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies