Tensions between India-Pakistan escalating
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Tensions between India-Pakistan escalating
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Tensions between India-Pakistan escalating  (Read 3257 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 10:45:14 PM »

Pakistan needs to be balkanized and de-nuked.

Maybe in 20 years, the independent countries of former Pakistan (plus maybe Bangladesh and a few other neighbors) can enter into an economic union with India.

Maybe 20 years after that, it becomes EU-style union.

Maybe 20 years after that, it's a reunified India.

That is the ideal situation, to me.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 10:58:31 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2019, 11:16:35 PM by Sbane »

how and why countries and governments like india and pakistan have nuclear arsenal is beyond me...

India would never use nukes first and they have said so. Pakistan in the other hand reserves the right to strike first.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 11:03:11 PM »

Also, why does Pakistan mind if India does the job they have been promising the world they would do themselves? Neither Pakistani civilians nor the military are being targeted, only terrorists are. Why would Pakistan have a problem with that?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 11:11:19 PM »

Pakistan, India and China should settle all of their border disputes with the Line of Control. Later on, Kashmir can be granted a referendum on what status to be and at the same time Tibet can be granted a referendum on independence. But the first line applies especially. I don't know why these countries insist on keeping open these pointless disputes where nobody ever gains anything.

Europe, North America, Australia, and Latin America have all left behind 19th century-style Great Power politics after seeing the end result, and they don't seem to be suffering for it. Why is Asia practically the only continent that still seems to think it's 1875?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 08:15:25 AM »

Maybe in 20 years, the independent countries of former Pakistan (plus maybe Bangladesh and a few other neighbors) can enter into an economic union with India.

It's all very well to sit in the west and comfortably opine on where the borders should and shouldn't based on a cursory understanding of different ethnicities in Pakistan (or elsewhere) but at the end of the day partition is a lazy and fraudulent solution for geopolitical issues. A divided Pakistan would not solve any of the problems the current nation has, and I wouldn't be surprised if the successor states would be even more failed.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 09:13:05 AM »

Both should give up their nukes under a UN mission. This conflict has too much destructive potential, yet it is one that has long been under the radar worldwide.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 11:02:07 AM »

All of the rouge NPT states (India, Israel, North Korea, and Pakistan) should be forced to give up their nuclear weapons.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »

And how do you propose this be done?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 11:07:13 AM »

If India gives up its nukes, then how is it supposed to deal with China?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 11:20:09 AM »

Very carefully
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 11:49:10 AM »

All of the rouge NPT states (India, Israel, North Korea, and Pakistan) should be forced to give up their nuclear weapons.

Nuclear proliferation in a nutshell.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2019, 01:41:52 PM »

Imagine seriously putting India and Israel in the same sentence as North Korea and Pakistan like this
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2019, 05:58:03 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »

Your answer (which honestly can hardly he considered one) is like a politician promising to solve the solve crime problem.

"What are you planning to do?", someone asks.

"A lot," he replies.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »

Your answer (which honestly can hardly he considered one) is like a politician promising to solve the solve crime problem.

"What are you planning to do?", someone asks.

"A lot," he replies.

It was mainly a joke to symbolize the point that I really don't have any idea how we could force the those four to get rid of their nukes.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2019, 06:45:42 PM »

Some good news, at least
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2019, 11:27:31 PM »

It's all very well to sit in the west and comfortably opine on where the borders should and shouldn't based on a cursory understanding of different ethnicities in Pakistan (or elsewhere) but at the end of the day partition is a lazy and fraudulent solution for geopolitical issues. A divided Pakistan would not solve any of the problems the current nation has, and I wouldn't be surprised if the successor states would be even more failed.

I said I want them to eventually become reunified with India.

Also, I've been to the region.

And Pakistan is already a loose confederation in reality.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2019, 12:24:08 AM »

Some good news, at least

They should tattoo a giant shaheen falcon on him before giving him back, just kidding, don't do that, that would just be abuse and wrong.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2019, 01:34:22 AM »

Imagine seriously putting India and Israel in the same sentence as North Korea and Pakistan like this

Imagine seriously believing that India and Israel haven't refused to sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty and that India and Israel do not possess a weapons programme abetted by the United States
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2019, 02:01:18 AM »

Imagine seriously believing that India and Israel haven't refused to sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty and that India and Israel do not possess a weapons programme abetted by the United States

I was objecting to the rogue part:

By the way I consider India and Israel to be the good guys in the Region while I consider Pakistan and the terrorists trying to destroy Israel(There are multiple groups) to the be the bad guys in the region .
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2019, 02:34:26 PM »

By the way I consider India and Israel to be the good guys in the Region while I consider Pakistan and the terrorists trying to destroy Israel(There are multiple groups) to the be the bad guys in the region .

You do realise the United States supported Pakistan's nuclear programme, right?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »

We also supported the Afghan Mujahideen in the 1980s.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »

We also supported the Afghan Mujahideen in the 1980s.

This is true. America has been the world's leading terrorist state for many decades now.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2019, 04:54:31 PM »

You know, sometimes it isn't all about you?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2019, 02:06:15 PM »

You think this is bad? Just wait until the water supply [in Kashmir] becomes more valuable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies