Will Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez speak at the 2020 DNC?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:33:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez speak at the 2020 DNC?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Will Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez speak at the 2020 DNC?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Will Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez speak at the 2020 DNC?  (Read 3239 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2019, 03:45:44 PM »

Why wouldn't they let the 47th President of the United States speak?

Democrats are not dumb enough to nominate her. Pelosi, Schumer, and the Clintons will make sure that they do not throw away an election by nominating her. The 47th President will be a Republican, the 46th will be a Democrat
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2019, 04:37:43 PM »

Yes, most likely during primetime (and possibly on broadcast TV).
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2019, 09:01:58 PM by America is a GOOD Nation! »

How could she not speak at this point?

"The Voice of the New Generation".  This is what she is.  If she's not on the card, people will ask why, and those questions are not the questions Democrats will want to be asked.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2019, 08:20:03 PM »

Don't like AOC but don't get where the "AOC is super dumb" meme comes from. She is of average intelligence.

People of "average intelligence" don't graduate with honors from prestigious universities or win science competitions. I've yet to encounter a single person who called her dumb that can match her resume, so it's probably just jealousy on their part.

Trump graduated from the Wharton School in Economics yet he is obviously dumb.
Yes because people who sue their high schools and colleges to keep them from releasing their test scores are obviously very intelligent individuals...

Dems would be smart not to let her or her radical ideas anywhere near their party platform

Calling for a 70% tax rate on the convention floor would probably ruin Democrats' chances in the GE as they would be tied to her comments

Of course, Democrats would be wise to listen to strategy from...

*checks notes*

...Suburban New Jersey Conservative.

Why would they be wise to listen to what a child has to say?
I know you people like to pretend that 40 year olds are still children so that you can excuse whatever asinine self-own Donald Trump Jr. does on Instagram this week, but I'm going to let you in on a secret: 29 year olds are actually 11 years removed from even the outmost legal definition of childhood!

Unless you define childhood along subjective lines, to which I say: two can play that game. I could subjectively define childhood as dependence on your parents; then AOC's even further removed from it, as she had to start work earlier than she would have liked due to her father's death, while DJT Jr. will likely never come into adulthood. Hell, you could argue the current President is a child by that metric. Wink

How could she not speak at this point?

"The Voice of the New Generation".  This is what she is.  If she's not on the card, people will ask why, and those questions are not the questions Democrats will want to be asked.
It's not every day I say this, but I agree with Fuzzy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies