The Orville (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:18:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Orville (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Orville  (Read 1602 times)
Boobs
HCP
« on: February 24, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »

I like the show. The episode with Kelly and the multidimensional orbit planet was one of the best.

Sometimes I think the social messages of the show are bit too hamfisted but TV sci-fi is always like that I believe.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 07:10:53 PM »

Dolly Parton plot point was fantastic
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 07:21:10 PM »

First episode was a little bland. Second one was more enjoyable.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 05:36:23 PM »

Well, this week's WHAM episode was quite something. I was right about the Kaylon, Krill, and Moclan storylines coming to a dramatic culmination - just not quite in the way that I had anticipated. They found a far more Star Trek-ian solution for it (the main battle itself certainly also had some shades of Star Wars to it though).

One episode still to go, although it is unclear how and with what they're possibly gonna top it at this point.

I definitely agree that that had to come to a reckoning point, but I have to say I was expecting it in the season finale (which I have yet to watch). It really has been an extraordinary season. Some people say season 3 was when TNG really started hitting the mark. Shows like these can mature so well. (When I watched season 4 of ENT, I was really left wanting more. I think it really started hitting its stride there, but unfortunately it was too late.)  I'll be very disappointed if they don't renew this for another season.

The season finale could almost be considered a bit of a letdown compared to the penultimate episode because it serves as more of a coda or epilogue. Still not a bad episode in itself, although a bit unexpectedly placed within the season.

I found it to be refreshing. It’s nice to see the characters you've grown to like have a relatively easy time rather than staring down yet another existential threat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies