The Orville (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:29:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Orville (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Orville  (Read 1581 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 11, 2022, 01:14:18 AM »

OK so did anyone else feel like that season premier wasn't funny at all? Like it's not like it tried to be funny but failed...it just didn't even try. Holy sh**t that was depressing. Unlike any Seth MacFarlane work I've ever seen.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 11:17:24 AM »

We're rewatching the entire series again before we watch the new season.

The first season has some REALLY bad episodes.  The Doctor's kids are so funking annoying!
I'm not saying it's a bad episode like the filler ones you're rewatching it just seems so tonally out of place. Like for another example Ed is barely in it and he doesn't say any jokes or do anything funny or Seth MacFarlane-esque for the scenes he is.

Without giving out big spoilers, the episode revolves around Issac and how the crew (especially a new character who I get the impression will be part of the main cast now) react to him now and are unwilling to forgive him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 07:52:33 PM »

Watch the first two or two and a half episodes and lost interest sometime ago. Started watching again and I am completely hot. Power watching deep into second season now and it's the best show I've seen in a long time. Dictating this wild the one episode where the doctor, Claire, is talking with the commander, Kelly Grayson, that she is developing feelings for the Android, Isaac. So cool
So if you're in season 1 be aware that it's pretty hit or miss. You can tell which episodes were rushed and written as filler. Season 2 almost everyone agrees is better, it's much more serious and has some very interesting twists.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 01:15:18 AM »

That last episode was very good although it felt more like from a Twilight Zone series than a Star Trek parody. Also not much humor again.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 12:13:26 AM »

OK so did anyone else feel like that season premier wasn't funny at all? Like it's not like it tried to be funny but failed...it just didn't even try. Holy sh**t that was depressing. Unlike any Seth MacFarlane work I've ever seen.
just saw it tonight and I agree, not one joke.  It wasn't bad, they showed off the new effects team, introduced a new character and a new toy.

I was expecting a more "epic" opener though.  Because of the fewer number of shows with more run time each situation.  The first ep was long, but it certainly didn't need to be.  Hell, they could have told the exact story in twenty something minutes.  And there really wasn't even a B plot.

I just went to see who wrote the episode, expecting it to be anyone but Seth, but holy hell, there it is.  I have to believe 'cause I'm looking right at it.  Directed too.  He wrote (and directed) the episode you just watched as well.  Eps 2 and 4 were written by veteran Star Trek writers and 3 was written by long time Seth associated Cherry Extremelylonglastname.
Cherry Chevapravatdumrong! She's a genius, SHE WROTE SNEAKERS O'TOOLE!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 09:54:14 AM »

There were some good jokes in that last one. Although I've noticed about half the jokes now stem from "Isaac doesn't understand human interaction."

Overall last episode was good but I kind of figured out how the entire plot would unfold early on.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 10:37:36 AM »

So I think the whole plot about Bortus' daughter and the obvious subtext proves that Seth MacFarlane is not a transphobe despite being accused as such.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies