The Orville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Orville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Orville  (Read 1566 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2022, 12:59:41 AM »

It was definitely an enjoyable episode. I absolutely loved the throwback to the first season (I think that episode was one of the best, if not the best, episodes of the first season). I was almost expecting something bigger to happen with that particular storyline. It definitely reminded me of at least a few Star Trek episodes, though going even further with that latter scene in their version of the holodeck.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2022, 02:31:39 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2022, 02:46:12 AM by Middle-aged Europe »

It was definitely an enjoyable episode. I absolutely loved the throwback to the first season (I think that episode was one of the best, if not the best, episodes of the first season). I was almost expecting something bigger to happen with that particular storyline. It definitely reminded me of at least a few Star Trek episodes, though going even further with that latter scene in their version of the holodeck.

Yeah, this was an episode in the vein of TNG's Who Watches The Watchers and First Contact (the episode, not the movie) in the sense that it provided us with an actual reason & backstory for the Prime Directive that goes beyond "it would probably be a bad idea". Unlike the examples on TNG this was much darker though.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2022, 05:33:54 AM »

Btw, it's on Disney+ now too. If you guys want to help get this show another season, watch it there too and watch reruns whenever you can.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies