Survivor megathread

(1/84) > >>

100% pro-life no matter what:
Not sure if there's any interest in this or if there are any Survivor fans here, but season 38 premieres tomorrow night.

Progressive Pessimist:
Actually, 'Survivor' is a guilty pleasure of mine still. I'm looking forward to the new season but I don't really understand this season's gimmick. Honestly, a lot of their gimmicks, especially the ones where they arbitrarily classify people, seem to be falling short of engrossing me lately.

100% pro-life no matter what:
Quote from: Progressive Pessimist on February 19, 2019, 08:53:15 PM

Actually, 'Survivor' is a guilty pleasure of mine still. I'm looking forward to the new season but I don't really understand this season's gimmick. Honestly, a lot of their gimmicks, especially the ones where they arbitrarily classify people, seem to be falling short of engrossing me lately.

I'd agree with that, but David vs. Goliath was the best season in years.  After numerous years as a fan, I had lost interest and didn't watch seasons 35 or 36.  I got back into it big-time last season and have even been binge watching old seasons, both re-watches of ones from when I was a kid and a few of the ones I missed because I was really young.

Boobs:
Quote from: Progressive Pessimist on February 19, 2019, 08:53:15 PM

Gimmicks are really what has made Survivor subpar. In my opinion, it's lost its charm – the survival aspect – that really defined the early seasons. My opinion has always been that there's no need for season gimmicks beyond like, men vs women or fans vs favorites, although Heroes vs Villains is great too.

I'd like to see the producers try to do a season like in the old days, less starting supplies, more difficult challenges, maybe an idol or exile island or something, really try to get that magic back. Doubt it'll happen though.

Also a personal qualm of mine is that they stopped recording a unique Ancient Voices for each season.

tmthforu94:
I will be watching, of course. Also not a fan of the gimmicks, but will admit that last season was one of the best in years! There wasn't much dirty play but a lot of great gameplay and blindsides!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page