Eagle Consulting And Legal Services
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:53:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Eagle Consulting And Legal Services
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Eagle Consulting And Legal Services  (Read 2650 times)
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »

For the purpose of political consulting, and, well....legal services.  Headed by FairBol, self-styled "Atlas Attorney At Law" (note that I don't claim to be a lawyer IRL, LOL)  Smiley
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 02:12:50 PM »

If I remember I will email you the fact hypothetical for fantasy Supreme Court after work if you are still interested. The plaintiff is a local government employee in the south fired for political social media posts.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 02:14:25 PM »

I'm down! Yeah, send it on over....thanks! Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »

Lobby of the main office, based in Arlington Virginia.  

Entrance to the consulting office, in West Palm Beach FL. 

FairBol
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 11:11:19 PM »

The firm has been retained as legal representation in the matter of LouisvilleThunder vs. Region of Lincoln
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 11:31:07 PM »

Well, I was 1-0 (due to having a previous case decided in my client's favor), but it looks like I'm going to be 1-1 now.  Sad
FairBol
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:17 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Opening an office in Nashville, Tennessee (as I have just been appointed Southern Attorney General).  A top assistant will continue our private practice in Arlington. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 12:33:59 AM »

Back open for business.  Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 03:55:45 AM »

Today on "Ask The (Sim) Lawyer"....

Slander laws exist in America too, no?

My two cents; yes, slander/libel laws do exist here.

Legally speaking, any accusation of libel must satisfy two conditions.  First, is the speech expressed inherently false, or can it be regarded as true? Second, if the speech expressed is false, does the expression of such speech cause actual harm to someone's reputation or person?

If the speech is false, and the answer to the second question is yes....boom, there's your slander/libel. 

(Just my non-professional legal opinion, brought to you by "Eagle Consulting And Legal Services", LOL)

Wink
FairBol
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 08:35:22 AM »

If you haven't already heard, the Supreme Court of Atlasia has reached a decision in the matter of Politics Fan v The South.  In my capacity as president of this firm, here's my response to the issues raised/opinion. 

The matter before the Court was the constitutionality of the South's "Abortion Safety and Guidelines Act".  Specifically, the petitioner argued that Clause 2 of the law is unconstitutional; thus, the entire law is unconstitutional.  The clause in question reads that "all second-trimester or third-trimester abortions must be performed in hospitals". 

First, the Court discusses the matter of standing to file suit. 

The defense alleged that petitioners had not shown themselves to be wronged or "personally affected" by the law in question.  As such, they argued that petitioners had no standing to bring the entitled action.  On this, the Court ruled that the plaintiffs indeed did have standing, by virtue of being citizens of Atlasia.  I disagree with this decision. 

The opinion offered by this Court, specifically that being a registered citizen of Atlasia grants one standing to file a legal action, is not one that is shared by actual American courts.  On the contrary, American law requires any petitioners to show how they have been "irreparably harmed" by relevant statutes.  In Part I of their ruling, the Court has disregarded this legal principle.  Realizing that this game is largely based on the laws and precedents of the United States, I find the Court to be in error on this point. 

Second, the Court takes up the question of abortion rights. 

In their ruling, the Court declares that the "right to privacy" is specifically protected by the Constitution.  The Court also says that since there is a "right to privacy", there is also a "general right to abortion access".  Again, I disagree with the Court's decision. 

The Constitution implies that a "right to privacy" does exist.  However, this right is not specifically mentioned anywhere in the text.  What is specifically mentioned is the existence of "certain inalienable rights; (that) among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

Now, there are those that will argue that a fetus is part of a woman's body, and nothing but a "clump of cells".  Yet, even regarded as such, a fetus satisfies all scientific requirements regarding "living organisms" (it can take in and expend energy, grow/evolve, respond to stimuli, etc.).  If a fetus is indeed a living thing, then there is no right to, based on a whim or desire, take its life.  Indeed, nobody has the right to take another's life, except in self-defense (or defense of the nation). This is generally regarded as murder, and punishable by law.  The Court would do well to consider this argument. 

In Part III of the decision, we again come to a discussion concerning the rights of the people. 

The Court opines that although the Constitution guarantees certain rights, the associated rights are not absolute.  They clarify that in this case, the relevant authority did not overstep its governmental authority.  On this issue, I agree with the Court's decision, without further comment. 

Finally, the Court considers the possibility of the law's immediate enaction.  I note that this does not seem to be an issue raised by the petitioners, but by the Court itself. 

The Court declares that because some "hospitals may not yet be equipped" to comply with the new law, women of certain states would not be able to get abortions.  This, the Court says, is an "uneven application of the law", and a "limitation on the people's rights".  As such, the honorable Justices have seen fit to order a ninety-day injunction against enforcement of this law.  I must again disagree with the Court's ruling. 

For the reasons discussed earlier (regarding the perceived right to abortion access), I believe that the Court has erred in ordering this injunction.  Furthermore, I believe this to be an instance of unwarranted judicial activism. 

I do not take issue with the appropriateness, or lack thereof, of this injunction.  I trust the Justices to reasonably determine such, and if the injunction is indeed needed.  My concern is that the Court is improperly making law, whereas it is solely within the scope of Congress to do as such.  I believe the proper role of this Court is, as described in Marbury v Madison, "to say what the law is", and nothing more. 

In its final analysis, the Court rules that

• The law as passed is constitutional:
  • The immediate implementation of the law is unconstitutional: and that
  • The law is prohibited from going into effect for ninety days. 

Although I partially dissent with the opinion of this honorable Court, I agree in principle with the final outcome.  Thank you to all for a most stimulating case. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 07:50:17 PM »

The firm has been retained as legal representation for the petitioner in the matter of Tmthforu94 v. Region of Fremont.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 01:46:43 PM »

New office coming soon. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2023, 06:28:15 PM »

Back open for business.  Currently arguing in the case of OSR v DoFE
FairBol
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2023, 11:03:27 PM »

Putting it here just because...

...Issue 3 of The Lincoln Tribune has just hit newsstands! Go check it out!
FairBol
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2023, 02:34:22 AM »

Just now finished working on the fourth issue of The Lincoln Tribune.  Have a look!
FairBol
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2023, 12:13:35 PM »

The long-awaited fifth issue of The Lincoln Tribune is here!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 10:54:06 PM »

I am hiring Fairboi and Eagle Consulting as my counsel for future needs.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2023, 05:50:45 AM »

Please keep up this good work.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2023, 01:02:30 AM »

The sixth edition of The Lincoln Tribune has just hit newsstands.  Go check it out!
FairBol
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2023, 10:29:21 AM »

Just did a thing.

Amicus Brief
FairBol
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2023, 01:15:13 PM »

Since I don't have a heck of a lot else to do right now...

...ah hell, here's the seventh edition of The Lincoln Tribune
FairBol
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2023, 05:41:54 PM »

Go read the expanded eighth edition of The Lincoln Tribune...

..."on newsstands now"!
FairBol
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2023, 01:19:00 AM »

The huge-ass ninth edition of The Lincoln Tribune is out now (it took me awhile to write).  Go have a look!
FairBol
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2023, 03:47:04 PM »

The late-breaking tenth edition of The Lincoln Tribune just hit newsstands.  Go check it out...and take the poll!
FairBol
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2023, 02:01:25 PM »

As promised, here's the eleventh edition of The Lincoln Tribune.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies