OFFICIAL embarassing Gubernatoral quotes thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:28:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OFFICIAL embarassing Gubernatoral quotes thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OFFICIAL embarassing Gubernatoral quotes thread  (Read 5172 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 10:37:39 AM »

I apologize - I must have missed those along the way.

Thank you.

There are several other instances in which I have picked the Democrat to win, or where I have stated the Democrat would have to be considered the favorite to win over the Republican, both at the national and state levels.  I only mentioned the four most recent ones.

However, you have besmirched my reputation as a completely unbiased and non-partisan poster.  Smiley

I suggest pistols at ten paces.  Smiley   
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 03:13:04 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2005, 03:27:07 PM by Alcon »

I kicked things off with this one:

This is another example of SUSA going seriously wacky.

Kaine is HIGHLY unlikely to get more that 48% of the vote, and Kilgore is HIGHLY unlikely to get less than 45% of the vote.

Potts is likely to get between 2% to 5% of the vote.

Congragulations Gabu, you were able to sneak a liberal into the Virginia Governor's seat.  Its never been done before!

Oh, and did Kilgore get less than 45% of the vote (as SUSA predicted)?

SurveyUSA predicted that Kilgore would get 45%, not less than 45%, and they were within their MoE.

SurveyUSA was within their Margin of Error.  You, on the other hand, were not in your prediction of Kaine failing to hit 48%.  Everyone, polling companies included, are wrong on occasion.  You were this time, and SurveyUSA was within its MoE.  Just take the loss with grace.  We all mis-call races every once and a while, even pollsters.

EDIT:  I went to bed last night when Kaine was up only a few percentage points.  Now I find that SurveyUSA underestimated Kaine's victory margin, and you are still attempting to paint this as a bias toward the Democrats?  You are a braver man than I.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 04:44:09 PM »

NixonNow must now kill himself:

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 08:13:25 PM »

Kaine is HIGHLY unlikely to get more that 48% of the vote, and Kilgore is HIGHLY unlikely to get less than 45% of the vote.

Congragulations Gabu, you were able to sneak a liberal into the Virginia Governor's seat.  Its never been done before!

Did Kaine achieve a "HIGHLY unlikely" feat by getting more than 48% of the vote?  I believe he did - and quite considerably so.  Whether or not he's a liberal doesn't change your prediction.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 08:26:56 PM »

SurveyUSA predicted that Kilgore would get 45%, not less than 45%, and they were within their MoE.

SurveyUSA was within their Margin of Error.  You, on the other hand, were not in your prediction of Kaine failing to hit 48%.  Everyone, polling companies included, are wrong on occasion.  You were this time, and SurveyUSA was within its MoE.  Just take the loss with grace.  We all mis-call races every once and a while, even pollsters.

EDIT:  I went to bed last night when Kaine was up only a few percentage points.  Now I find that SurveyUSA underestimated Kaine's victory margin, and you are still attempting to paint this as a bias toward the Democrats?  You are a braver man than I.

Alcon,

As I earlier stated, I erred.

So, go ahead and celebrate.

I STILL do NOT trust SUSA's numbers  much more than I trust Zogby's.

Zogby did well in 2000 because of some unusual circumstances, NOT BECAUSE OF GOOD METHODOLOGY.

I want to look at the numbers before I state why the election in Virginia went so haywire.

I suspect that Boss Tweed in another post may have pegged it.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 08:29:30 PM »

Yes, I did indeed err.

As I told Alcon, I am investigating, but suspect the Boss Tweed has pegged the core of the problem.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 08:30:14 PM »

Alcon,

As I earlier stated, I erred.

So, go ahead and celebrate.

I STILL do NOT trust SUSA's numbers  much more than I trust Zogby's.

Zogby did well in 2000 because of some unusual circumstances, NOT BECAUSE OF GOOD METHODOLOGY.

I want to look at the numbers before I state why the election in Virginia went so haywire.

I suspect that Boss Tweed in another post may have pegged it.

SUSA didn't do so bad this year.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/11/9/193441/208
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 09:20:52 PM »

Yes, I did indeed err.

As I told Alcon, I am investigating, but suspect the Boss Tweed has pegged the core of the problem.

What did I do?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 09:35:28 PM »

You had posted in another thread information about the turnout rates in different areas of Virginia.

Kaine areas had relatively higher than normal turnout whereas Kilgore areas has relatively lower than normal.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 09:42:37 PM »

You had posted in another thread information about the turnout rates in different areas of Virginia.

Kaine areas had relatively higher than normal turnout whereas Kilgore areas has relatively lower than normal.

Hah, no, I know what you're talking about.  See that post you're referring to, which I believe is this:

My friend in Fairfax County just called me.  He's a poll worker.  He said that he's never seen turnout like this in NOVA -- not even in 2001 with Warner.  He's also getting word that turnout in the southern, rural parts of the state -- where the solid GOP base is located -- is as low as he can remember.  Kaine looks to be well positioned.

Was a joke.  It was in response to this:

I just heard there is a big GOP turn out in for kilgore in the solidly conservative areas of west Richmond and Ronoke as well as the rural parts of the state. Also more bad news for Kanie there is a low Democratic turn out in NOVA.   

I was just poking fun at 'Kevin' for his 'inside information'.  The stroy I told was not accurate--at least not intentionally.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 09:50:28 PM »

Ah, but look at the numbers.

It seems that Kaine strongholds had relatively higher turnouts than normal, and the Kilfore stongholds had relatively low than normal turnouts.

You may have been simply 'blowing smoke,' but this is apparently what happened.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 11:22:33 PM »

CARL, considering the polls showed that this result is less than "haywire," I'm afraid it was only haywire in context of your prediction.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 11:30:44 PM »

Alcon, don't bother trying to reason with CARL. Once he gets his mind set on something, nothing can ever, ever change it.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 08:47:55 AM »

Oh, and BTW, the SUSA survey to which I had responded in the post you cited, had Kilgore at 43, with Kaine at 52 and Potts at 3.

I will presume that you merely misunderstood the survey to which I was posting and were not deliberately using a subsequent SUSA survey (even they realized that prediction was wacky) to take my post out of context.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 11:02:42 AM »

I will make formal concession remarks this evening.

What office were you running for?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies