Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 05:56:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117526 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: April 13, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »

And when will Biden announce if he's running?

If I am not mistaken, he last claimed the middle to end of this month, but you just never know with him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #451 on: April 13, 2019, 04:07:55 PM »

Dems dont need Biden to run, we have better candidates: Harris, Beto and Tim Ryan running
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #452 on: April 13, 2019, 05:57:25 PM »

I think Joe Biden is the only Democrat candidate who can win states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, etc. in 2020. If the Democrats select a "Woke" candidate, the party will lose all those states again.

Agreed

The latest polls jas Biden tied with Trump at 45. This may not be the case, since the latest revelation of sex abuse began

What Joe Biden did is not sexual abuse. The only sexual abuser you mention is the guy who likes to grab pussies.

It was sexual harrassment, and sexual harrassment can be seen as approach a woman in a sexual nature, not sexual intercourse. Which includes: blowing on a woman or touching her. That is defined in job work rules, any woman can claim it.

Sexual harassment & non-sexual (though still inappropriate) invasions of personal space aren't the same thing. Know the difference.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2019, 10:07:03 AM »

Anyone find it curious that Obama is doing basically nothing to hype a Biden candidacy?  And that Obama's closest advisors are instead talking up candidates like O'Rourke and Harris?
Higgins
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:57 AM »

Any chance Joltin' Joe is offered or accepts a VP spot for a second time?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »

Anyone find it curious that Obama is doing basically nothing to hype a Biden candidacy?  And that Obama's closest advisors are instead talking up candidates like O'Rourke and Harris?
Yes. That should speak to how awful they must think he is a candidate.
GAProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2019, 05:24:58 PM »

Any chance Joltin' Joe is offered or accepts a VP spot for a second time?

No way.

If he's not the nominee, I could see him MAYBE becoming SoS if Kamala/Beto/Klobuchar/Booker wins.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2019, 03:50:53 AM »

I dont think any nominee other than Joe, wants him on ticket
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #459 on: April 15, 2019, 06:34:17 AM »

I think Obama is trying to stay above the jockeying until a nominee is chosen in milwaukee. He's been mentioning unity, etc, and trying to push one candidate over another would run counter to what he's suggested. In addition, he has two folks from his administration running (actually technically only one since Joe still isn't officially in the race and Castro is). Anyway, as much as I dislike Joe as a candidate, I don't take Obama's lack of backing at this point as anything. The field is too wide and he has to stay above the fray.

He's also gotten a fair bit of lambasting for coming out against Trump and doing campaigning for the midterms, so he might be trying to take it slow.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #460 on: April 15, 2019, 02:31:18 PM »

I think Obama is trying to stay above the jockeying until a nominee is chosen in milwaukee. He's been mentioning unity, etc, and trying to push one candidate over another would run counter to what he's suggested. In addition, he has two folks from his administration running (actually technically only one since Joe still isn't officially in the race and Castro is). Anyway, as much as I dislike Joe as a candidate, I don't take Obama's lack of backing at this point as anything. The field is too wide and he has to stay above the fray.

He's also gotten a fair bit of lambasting for coming out against Trump and doing campaigning for the midterms, so he might be trying to take it slow.
Also, former presidents typically don't endorse until after a nominee emerges.
GAProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #461 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:56 PM »

!!!

The fact that Mondale endorsed so early is wild.

Don't expect Carter, Clinton, or Obama to endorse till the very end.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: April 16, 2019, 05:04:23 AM »

!!!

Well, a former VP ain't exactly a former President (hell, Gore endorsed Dean in '04, for example), plus Mondale endorsed Amy, so it's more of a home-state favorite son endorsement than anything else.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #463 on: April 16, 2019, 08:46:04 PM »

!!!

Well, a former VP ain't exactly a former President (hell, Gore endorsed Dean in '04, for example), plus Mondale endorsed Amy, so it's more of a home-state favorite son endorsement than anything else.

Gore endorsing Dean in ‘04 actually had arguably negative effects, as it cemented Dean as the front runner and began Gephardt’s sniping at him that led to his ultimate loss in Iowa. So Obama and Clinton might also try to avoid having unintended negative effects.

Carter, on the other hand, likes to buck conventional wisdom. I wouldn’t be surprised if he endorses one of the more liberal candidates before the nomination is sewn up. He did vote for Bernie in 2016 after all.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #464 on: April 16, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »

Obama has enough common sense to not endorse until there is at least a presumptive nominee.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #465 on: April 17, 2019, 12:33:13 AM »

!!!

Gore endorsing Dean in ‘04 actually had arguably negative effects, as it cemented Dean as the front runner and began Gephardt’s sniping at him that led to his ultimate loss in Iowa. So Obama and Clinton might also try to avoid having unintended negative effects.

Carter, on the other hand, likes to buck conventional wisdom. I wouldn’t be surprised if he endorses one of the more liberal candidates before the nomination is sewn up. He did vote for Bernie in 2016 after all.

True but, crucially, he didn't endorse him, though. Hell, It was nearly a year into Trump's presidency when he revealed that he'd voted for Bernie lol
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #466 on: April 17, 2019, 09:05:37 AM »

!!!

True but, crucially, he didn't endorse him, though. Hell, It was nearly a year into Trump's presidency when he revealed that he'd voted for Bernie lol

So he just wanted to make his support to Sanders secret.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2019, 01:06:55 PM »

Run, Joe, run!

Top Biden aide tells Hill Democrats on 2020: 'Everything is going ahead as scheduled'

A top aide to former Vice President Joe Biden met with Democrats on Capitol Hill on Wednesday to remind them of Biden's work in the 2018 midterm elections in a not-so-subtle nod to the 2020 race ahead.
"Everything is going ahead as scheduled," Greg Schultz, who is poised to run Biden's expected 2020 presidential campaign, said, according to a participant in the room.
Biden is close to making an announcement about his plans for 2020, which could come as soon as next week.

Schultz is the executive director of Biden's "American's Possibilities PAC." He said the former vice president "is committed to growing and expanding the House Democratic majority."

[...]

Full CNN Article (from April 17)
User155815470020
PremierPence

« Reply #468 on: April 18, 2019, 06:51:59 PM »

I remember when Biden was supposed to jump in the race by February or March, now it's mid April and he still has not officially launched his campaign. At this rate it won't be until 2200 when he finally runs for President

Joe was expected to announce by August 2015, then September 2015, and then October 2015. By the end of October, Obama endorsed Hillary Clinton and Joe did not run. I don't see Joe running this time either.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #469 on: April 19, 2019, 07:31:46 AM »

The old ass clown is running:

Joe Biden is running. The former vice president will make his candidacy official with a video announcement next Wednesday, according to people familiar with the discussions who have been told about them by top aides.

He wants this. He really wants this. He’s wanted this since he was first elected to the Senate, in 1972, and he’s decided that he isn’t too old, isn’t too out of sync with the current energy in the Democratic Party, and certainly wasn’t going to be chased out by the women who accused him of making them feel uncomfortable or demeaned because of how he’d touched them.

This tidbit made me laugh:
On Thursday afternoon, Biden was in Boston, where he joined the picketing of the Stop & Shop supermarket chain by the United Food and Commercial Workers, in his third appearance with a union crowd in the past six weeks. Workers there, as when he addressed the International Association of Fire Fighters in March, held up run joe run! signs. ”Bankers, Wall Street, and CEOs didn’t build this country,” he told them as he spoke about the dignity of workers, health care, and good wages. “You did!”
He is so full of sh-t. Roll Eyes

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/04/joe-biden-running-president/587560/
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2019, 07:40:48 AM »

The old ass clown is running:

Joe Biden is running. The former vice president will make his candidacy official with a video announcement next Wednesday, according to people familiar with the discussions who have been told about them by top aides.

He wants this. He really wants this. He’s wanted this since he was first elected to the Senate, in 1972, and he’s decided that he isn’t too old, isn’t too out of sync with the current energy in the Democratic Party, and certainly wasn’t going to be chased out by the women who accused him of making them feel uncomfortable or demeaned because of how he’d touched them.

This tidbit made me laugh:
On Thursday afternoon, Biden was in Boston, where he joined the picketing of the Stop & Shop supermarket chain by the United Food and Commercial Workers, in his third appearance with a union crowd in the past six weeks. Workers there, as when he addressed the International Association of Fire Fighters in March, held up run joe run! signs. ”Bankers, Wall Street, and CEOs didn’t build this country,” he told them as he spoke about the dignity of workers, health care, and good wages. “You did!”
He is so full of sh-t. Roll Eyes

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/04/joe-biden-running-president/587560/

The Dick Gephardt of 2020.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #471 on: April 19, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »

https://splinternews.com/biden-thinks-itll-be-easy-to-beat-bernie-1834165102
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #472 on: April 19, 2019, 12:23:06 PM »

If he actually believes this, he is so unprepared for the primary. Bernie's obviously far from inevitable, but no one should be underestimating him.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #473 on: April 19, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »

If he actually believes this, he is so unprepared for the primary. Bernie's obviously far from inevitable, but no one should be underestimating him.
Bernie is the lesser of two evils for me. I hope he hammers him on his record and how his campaign is being funded. At least Bernie is being financed by real people. Biden supporters are low info, don't donate, don't canvass. He will have no grassroots support. Climate activists, female reproductive justice activists, criminal justice activists, etc have no reason to support him. This isn't the 90's.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #474 on: April 19, 2019, 12:37:20 PM »

I dunno.  Biden might be right on this.  The truth is, no Democrat has ever really gone hard at Sanders, so we don't really know how vulnerable he is.  I'm not arguing that he's never been attacked or that he shouldn't be taken seriously, but Sanders is to some extent untested.  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies