Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:06:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 117327 times)
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »

Uncle Joe to Radical Left and Clickbait Media: "Drop Dead, motherf*uckers!"

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »

Unreal. Bernie bots and Harris hooligans are pooping on his video response
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »

Joe did great.  Acknowledges his shortcomings (unlike the current occupant in the White House)...
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2019, 02:55:39 PM »

Might as well be an announcement video.

1) he already did
2) It's his decision to run and the voters will then have to make the call
3) LOL
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »

Biden just became the frontrunner again.

- Randall's Hot Take
ViaActiva

« Reply #330 on: April 03, 2019, 02:59:54 PM »

While I respect him for at least acknowledging the issue I thought it was quite minimising e.g. 'I was just trying to make a human connection', 'they were reaching out to me for solace and comfort', 'politics shouldn't be cold', 'social norms have changed', 'I've worked my whole life to empower women'.

It would have been far better if he had said 'I'm sorry, I've sometimes behaved inappropriately. I recognise that I've made men and women feel uncomfortable and I believe in admitting and learning from my mistakes.'
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #331 on: April 03, 2019, 03:01:12 PM »

While I respect him for at least acknowledging the issue I thought it was quite minimising e.g. 'I was just trying to make a human connection', 'they were reaching out to me for solace and comfort', 'politics shouldn't be cold', 'social norms have changed', 'I've worked my whole life to empower women'.

It would have been far better if he had said 'I'm sorry, I've sometimes behaved inappropriately. I recognise that I've made men and women feel uncomfortable and I believe in admitting and learning from my mistakes.'
He said this in the video watch the whole thing.
ViaActiva

« Reply #332 on: April 03, 2019, 03:06:30 PM »

OK to be fair, he did go as far as to say that he made them feel uncomfortable. But he wasn't very direct in admitting he had done wrong and apologising for it, suggesting that he was simply misinterpreted or that times had changed and it was acceptable behaviour at some point.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #333 on: April 03, 2019, 03:51:49 PM »

OK to be fair, he did go as far as to say that he made them feel uncomfortable. But he wasn't very direct in admitting he had done wrong and apologising for it, suggesting that he was simply misinterpreted or that times had changed and it was acceptable behaviour at some point.
I don't know how direct you can get. What Biden did isn't sexual assault or malintent. While he did make the women feel uncomfortable. Personally, I don't believe making someone feel uncomfortable is a disqualifying factor and I don't believe that the Democrats can uphold that standard. You can have your difference about Biden on political matters but don't start something you can't keep up for when it doesn't benefit you.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #334 on: April 03, 2019, 03:57:19 PM »

It's just sad how the Biden campaign (lets face it, there's already a campaign) is blaming the Bernie campaign for Flores and the other women coming forward.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #335 on: April 03, 2019, 03:57:39 PM »

A decent response, though I don't think that's going to make the entire issue go away.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #336 on: April 03, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »

Can't everyone see his entire campaign will be just one big apology tour? There's already an article out today of him voting against a black nominee back in the 70s over busing. His candidacy is shaping up to be a bigger trainwreck than either Hillary's or Jeb's.
ViaActiva

« Reply #337 on: April 03, 2019, 04:34:24 PM »

I don't know how direct you can get. What Biden did isn't sexual assault or malintent. While he did make the women feel uncomfortable. Personally, I don't believe making someone feel uncomfortable is a disqualifying factor and I don't believe that the Democrats can uphold that standard. You can have your difference about Biden on political matters but don't start something you can't keep up for when it doesn't benefit you.

Just because it's not as extreme as sexual assault does not mean that it isn't wrong and that he shouldn't apologise. It's borderline sexual harassment. Your last point is presumptuous as I agree with Biden on most things politically and was an admirer when he was VP, but this clearly has to be called out.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #338 on: April 03, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »

A decent response, though I don't think that's going to make the entire issue go away.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #339 on: April 03, 2019, 05:05:15 PM »

Can't everyone see his entire campaign will be just one big apology tour? There's already an article out today of him voting against a black nominee back in the 70s over busing. His candidacy is shaping up to be a bigger trainwreck than either Hillary's or Jeb's.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #340 on: April 03, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #341 on: April 03, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »

I appreciate his gesture, but that won't mean s*** to the Trump and the GOP ad machine who have all of his touchy-feely moments ready to place in an ad with ominous music. They don't care that they're hypocrites on the issue. As long as they can make us look like hypocrites, it's all that matters. Biden needs to accept that he is now entering the primary damaged, and will probably enter the general election the same way, if not even more, should he become the nominee.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #342 on: April 03, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »

It's better to be on the right side of history on principle that change with the times. Civil rights activists were proved right. Biden sided against them on the issue of busing when they were right.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #343 on: April 03, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »

I wonder how he’s going to address his treatment of Anita Hill when it inevitably comes up.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #344 on: April 03, 2019, 10:01:13 PM »

Three more women have spoken out. Now up to 7.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/joe-biden-accused-by-3-more-women-putting-total-to-7/
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #345 on: April 03, 2019, 10:28:32 PM »

This is really starting to do more harm than good to other victims of sexual harassment and sexual assault. Especially this quote right here.

"Someone printed her the photo of that moment, which Karasek framed and put on a shelf, but later took it down as the #MeToo movement began drawing more attention to cases of sexual harassment, assault, and unwanted touching."
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #346 on: April 03, 2019, 10:56:41 PM »

The 8th one sounds a bit more serious.

https://www.sierrasun.com/news/local/nevada-county-woman-says-joe-biden-inappropriately-touched-her-while-working-in-his-u-s-senate-office/
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #347 on: April 03, 2019, 10:56:46 PM »

This is really starting to do more harm than good to other victims of sexual harassment and sexual assault. Especially this quote right here.

"Someone printed her the photo of that moment, which Karasek framed and put on a shelf, but later took it down as the #MeToo movement began drawing more attention to cases of sexual harassment, assault, and unwanted touching."

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #348 on: April 03, 2019, 11:53:42 PM »

Yikes! And the Democrats know if this was an accusation against McConnell or Grassley they would believe it. Joe Biden should have announced he wasn’t running long ago. He is going to ruin his image.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #349 on: April 04, 2019, 12:26:19 AM »

Joe, don't run.  You missed the boat in 2016, just as Chris Christie missed his in 2012.  The ship has sailed.  Just move on. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies