Who's going to qualify for the Democratic debates?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:43:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who's going to qualify for the Democratic debates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52
Poll
Question: How many?
20+

10 or fewer

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 160

Author Topic: Who's going to qualify for the Democratic debates?  (Read 77787 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 07, 2019, 07:51:49 PM »

Probably a big deal if the debates are two nights is one of those days would be Friday which is very likely to be low rated.

I hope there is no second night debate. I for one want to focus my attention on playing Borderlands 3. It gets released that day.
It is ultimately better for the primaries to have a wider voice of discussion.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #576 on: August 07, 2019, 07:55:02 PM »

Probably a big deal if the debates are two nights is one of those days would be Friday which is very likely to be low rated.

I hope there is no second night debate. I for one want to focus my attention on playing Borderlands 3. It gets released that day.

I know. But just for my selfish interests, I don't want to watch the debate and play my most anticipated game of the year at the same time.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #577 on: August 07, 2019, 10:25:51 PM »

I know. But just for my selfish interests, I don't want to watch the debate and play my most anticipated game of the year at the same time.

You're a gamer. Then you should vote for Andrew Yang.

There's a Gamers For Yang Twitter account as well: https://twitter.com/gamersforyang

Wink
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #578 on: August 08, 2019, 12:14:44 AM »

We are potentially a few hours away from Castro and/or Yang qualifying for the September debate, as there's a new Monmouth poll of Iowa coming out on Thursday:

If either Castro or Yang get 2% in this poll, then they qualify for the debate.  And of course, 2% would also be useful for Gabbard or any others with ambitions of making it into either the September or October debates.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #579 on: August 08, 2019, 06:10:20 AM »

We are potentially a few hours away from Castro and/or Yang qualifying for the September debate, as there's a new Monmouth poll of Iowa coming out on Thursday:

If either Castro or Yang get 2% in this poll, then they qualify for the debate.  And of course, 2% would also be useful for Gabbard or any others with ambitions of making it into either the September or October debates.

Hope Gabbard gets 2%+ in that one!
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #580 on: August 08, 2019, 10:03:03 AM »

I'm fully expecting another Steyer 2% - at least. He has genuine momentum in the early states.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #581 on: August 08, 2019, 10:10:52 AM »

Yang is in, Steyermentum continues, Gillibrand finally on the board. No luck for Castro, Gabbard, Williamson, or Inslee.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #582 on: August 08, 2019, 10:52:30 AM »

The DNC really should’ve instituted a “have to have held prior public office” requirement to the September and October debate to keep out Yang and Williamson.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #583 on: August 08, 2019, 10:53:30 AM »

Yang has now qualified with the Monmouth-IA poll. Updated chart for September/October:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #584 on: August 08, 2019, 10:54:27 AM »

The DNC really should’ve instituted a “have to have held prior public office” requirement to the September and October debate to keep out Yang and Williamson.

Please stop your extremely silly hatred of people who have never held public office before.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #585 on: August 08, 2019, 11:22:36 AM »

"Democratic" Party.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #586 on: August 08, 2019, 12:54:59 PM »

How about we let the voters decide if that's important or not.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #587 on: August 08, 2019, 06:07:46 PM »

Please stop your extremely silly hatred of people who have never held public office before.

Maybe I sound elitist, but the voters are idiots. They decided it wasn’t important 3 years ago, and look where we are now. The DNC needs to cull this field of more than half the candidates, and Yang and Williamson should be at the top of that list. Neither of them are even barely qualified to govern the state of Wyoming, let alone the entire United States.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #588 on: August 08, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »

Maybe I sound elitist, but the voters are idiots.

But remember, democracy dies in darkness.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #589 on: August 08, 2019, 08:18:48 PM »

Maybe I sound elitist, but the voters are idiots. They decided it wasn’t important 3 years ago, and look where we are now. The DNC needs to cull this field of more than half the candidates, and Yang and Williamson should be at the top of that list. Neither of them are even barely qualified to govern the state of Wyoming, let alone the entire United States.

Trump's awfulness has nothing to do with his lack of experience. If he'd been a governor or senator for a term or two, he wouldn't be any better.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #590 on: August 08, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »

Maybe I sound elitist, but the voters are idiots.

But remember, democracy dies in darkness.

Thanks Washington Post
JRP1994

« Reply #591 on: August 10, 2019, 09:26:46 AM »

I'm really hoping we get to 11 or 12 candidates for the 3rd debate instead of stall at 9. Two nights of 6 candidates each would be far better than another 10 candidate debate
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #592 on: August 10, 2019, 09:59:25 AM »

We've only got about two and a half weeks to go before the deadline for the September debate.  Gabbard's looking like quite a long shot to make it given that timeframe, and the frequency with which she gets good polls.  PredictIt gives her a 36% chance, but that definitely seems too optimistic to me.  Even if she misses though, she's got a good shot at qualifying for the October debate.

Castro only needs one more poll though, so he'll *probably* make it, but it's not a sure thing.  He might get unlucky.

Steyer's been doing very well on polls lately, so I'd say he's very likely to get a 4th poll.  The question is fundraising.  Apparently, a campaign source said that his reaching 130,000 donors is imminent, but we'll see if that's true or not.  There's not a whole lot of time left.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #593 on: August 10, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »

Steyer has a pretty good email list, I’d say. I think he’ll get enough by the deadline.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #594 on: August 10, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »

I wonder if Bloomberg looks at Steyer and regrets not getting in? Or hell - maybe he's even thinking it's not too late.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #595 on: August 10, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »

Steyer has a pretty good email list, I’d say. I think he’ll get enough by the deadline.

Is the Need to Impeach list available to him? Because that's like 8 million iirc.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #596 on: August 10, 2019, 04:45:56 PM »

I wonder if Bloomberg looks at Steyer and regrets not getting in? Or hell - maybe he's even thinking it's not too late.

Bloomberg is pretty tight with Biden. He wasn't going to get in the race if he didn't plan to win, and that window largely closed with Biden's entry. He'll be Joe's secret weapon as it gets down to the wire.

Now, if something happens and Joe collapses or is forced out of the race - no, it's not too late because he doesn't need a donor network and can self-staff and drop a 100M ad blitz without missing a beat.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #597 on: August 10, 2019, 05:57:42 PM »

Gabbard will very likely make October if she doesn't make September. She's been unlucky getting 3% in a new Hampshire poll and it doesn't count ? Ridiculous
JRP1994

« Reply #598 on: August 13, 2019, 07:17:06 AM »

And the wait continues for another Castro or Steyer qualifying poll.....
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #599 on: August 13, 2019, 07:34:50 AM »

Steyer hit the 130,000 donor threshold

One more poll away from qualifying.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length