Is it Anti-Semitic to hate only one particular group of Jews?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 11:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is it Anti-Semitic to hate only one particular group of Jews?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is it Anti-Semitic to hate only one particular group of Jews?  (Read 1925 times)
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »

It isn't anti-Semitic to hate Jews who were members of fascist organisations, like Lehi for example, given that the hatred is for political, and not ethnic, reasons

The same way it's not racist to hate black people who follow Louis Farrakhan because that hatred is for political reasons, not ethnic reasons.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 08:11:30 PM »

It isn't anti-Semitic to hate Jews who were members of fascist organisations, like Lehi for example, given that the hatred is for political, and not ethnic, reasons

The same way it's not racist to hate black people who follow Louis Farrakhan because that hatred is for political reasons, not ethnic reasons.

I mean, the Nation of Islam, unlike Lehi, is not a paramilitary organisation, but I do agree with the sentiment
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 08:12:54 PM »

... Duh?

No one is saying it's racist to hate Farrakhan followers. he's nothing more than the black equivalent of David Duke, and his following is no larger than Duke's. both are fringe lunatics.

I'd like to remind you Farrakhan endorsed Trump in 2016, though Wink
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »

Isn't this the standard line by people trying to claim that Ashkenazi Jews are somehow not real Jews, and therefore it's not anti Semitic to hate them?
Bonus points if they claim Sephardic Jew heritage.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2019, 03:22:02 PM »

https://youtu.be/zPa1wikTd5c?t=108

OP IRL (relevant portion goes up until 2:45, especially 2:35-2:45).

(The whole video is fantastic.)
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »

I don’t really know what to say. I mean most normal people don’t really make the connection bankers equals Jews.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 10:36:34 PM »

... Duh?

No one is saying it's racist to hate Farrakhan followers. he's nothing more than the black equivalent of David Duke, and his following is no larger than Duke's. both are fringe lunatics.

I'm against both Farrakhan and David Duke
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 09:17:07 AM »

... Duh?

I'm against both Farrakhan and David Duke

Brave of you.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 02:11:38 PM »

Is it bigoted to hate [ethnic group]?

Just a question.
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 03:50:00 PM »

Never met a group with stronger opinions on Jews than other Jews - some Ashkenazi community really, really hate Sephardim and Mizrahim.

I don't think it's any more anti-semitic to hate AIPAC than anti-Christian to hate The Moral Majority. Nor do I think it's anti-semitic for secular Jews to be annoyed as hell by aggressive Chabad-esque evangelists, as many of them are (not that I myself have anything against Chabadniks).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies