Spanish elections and politics II: Catalan elections on February 14, 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:45:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spanish elections and politics II: Catalan elections on February 14, 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spanish elections and politics II: Catalan elections on February 14, 2021  (Read 197071 times)
crals

« on: March 25, 2019, 11:02:37 AM »

Why are CC on the right? Couldn't they support a PSOE government?
crals

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »

And what will a new election even solve? It will be nearly impossible for PSOE to have a majority without UP. What a waste for the Spanish left.
crals

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »

Is it at all realistic that PSOE could get a majority without either UP or Cs (with minor parties like PNV)?
crals

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 12:46:55 PM »

Didn't ERC cause the first election by refusing to vote for the budget though? Even if they abstain now what's the point if the government is unable to pass a budget soon?
crals

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »

Is there any major difference between BNG, GeC and En Marea?
crals

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »

I really want Vox to be the key to government. Feijoo is an arrogant nationalist who needs humility.

The VOX people are anything but humble lol.
And far more nationalistic than PP
crals

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 08:07:03 AM »

So there are still some people left who vote for nationalists but don't support independence? A relic of when CiU was merely a regionalist party I guess?
crals

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 08:29:47 AM »

Why did Junts and PDeCat split?
crals

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 06:04:04 PM »

I have always wondered whether different Spanish regionalist movements and non-Castilian regional identities have resentment towards each other.

One example of regional resentment, which I happen to know well because I live in Castille and Leon, is the vitriol that many Leonese have for the rest of Castille, and more specifically, Valladolid. The main reason is the fact that León has its own identity but not its own Autonomous Community, being lumped together with what used to be Castilla La Nueva in 1978. They complain that since then Valladolid has had a centralist attitude towards them.

"León sin Castilla es una maravilla" (Leon without Castille is a marvel), or "León capital, Pucela sucursal" (Leon capital, Pucela (Valladolid's nickname) subsidiary) are some of the phrases you might hear if you go to León. Also, be careful if you call a Leonese "Castillian", they may not react very well.
I've always wondered, why isn't León its own autonomous region?
crals

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 08:31:10 AM »

Truly a bizarre party. Do they do any governing other than grandstanding about independence? Do Catalans care at this point?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies