VA-Gov: SUSA last poll before election.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:24:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov: SUSA last poll before election.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VA-Gov: SUSA last poll before election.  (Read 3696 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 09:40:08 AM »

I thought Warner was VA governor and he just won a few years ago?

Warner was elected in 2001 but he is not permitted to run for a second consecutive term. In Virginia, an incumbent governor can't succeed himself. Insane, I know. Warner would have coasted to re-election

Dave

No, he wouldn't have.  He could have, but he wouldn't have.  If he has Presidential ambitions, and I suspect he does, he would have campaigned actively to get hsi name in as many newspapers as possible.  He would want as many headlines as he could grab.  Winning huge in VA would do it.

When I say 'coasted' I mean that Warner would have easily won re-election. I did not mean to say that he would win by simply resting on his laurels. Of course, he would have campaigned to obtain the maximum margin of victory possible

Anyway, I'm just glad that Virginia has setttled for competent Democratic governance Wink with Tim Kaine

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies