Freedom in the World: 2019 Report (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Freedom in the World: 2019 Report (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Freedom in the World: 2019 Report  (Read 1736 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: February 08, 2019, 09:35:22 AM »

Calling Hungary "partly free" is ridiculous.
This. If Hungary were only "partly free", people wouldn't have felt as free to demonstrate against the Orbán government in large numbers. Compare that to Morocco, another country in the "partly free" category, where something like that would never be possible.

Also don't really agree with Georgia's classification as "partly free" instead of "free". I've read last year's report in detail and most of their assessment isn't necessarily wrong, but they have subsequently been really harsh in grading. Armenia only has 12 fewer points out of 100, whereas you just feel the difference in terms of freedom if you visit these two countries.

Honestly, Hungary should probably rank lower than Georgia, though I think both should rank as free.

When it comes to democratic backsliding in Europe, much more attention should be paid to Serbia.
If you can’t practice your religion openly and safely then your country is not free. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies