Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:16:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Leftward

Rightward

Neither/No Change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 176

Author Topic: Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward?  (Read 11221 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: April 26, 2021, 11:37:51 PM »

Not sure about either of these things? At the age when I joined the forum in 2009, I was basically still discovering my political beliefs, and while I certainly had impulses in some directions which prefigured eventual political views, I don't know how much movement between 2009-2011 was left or right as much as towards "more detailed". Movement from 2011-2015 was distinctly leftward; movement from 2015-2018 or so is harder to analyze as being left- or rightward as much as towards humility and accepting that there are some issues which I understand poorly, and some which no one understands well (though if I had to place a cardinal direction on it, it would still be left-wing). Movement since 2018 has been distinctly rightward.

Voted leftward but this seems very over-simplified.

EDIT: Generally, I have made very few concrete movements away from libertarianism, and where such movements have been made it is usually towards "this is a complicated issue which I need to study further, and perhaps humanity needs to study further" rather than "my old position was wrong". By contrast I've made many, many moves towards libertarianism and I'm not sure any specific one has ever been reversed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies