Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:36:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Leftward

Rightward

Neither/No Change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 176

Author Topic: Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward?  (Read 11142 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: April 21, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »

Somewhat to the left, but no real fundamental changes. The issues are different, and I don't feel I understand macroeconomics as much as I thought I did. But mostly I feel estranged from the political class, most of them, and both parties. Our system is basically broken. And there are some proposals that seem to be taken seriously in some quarters, such as packing SCOTUS, that just make me livid. Politicians in both parties seem to pander to their base in crude and reckless ways, that seems more grating to me than in the past. And of course there seems to be more crazies out there in our toxically polarized environment. Tolerance of the other in the public square seems to be at a nadir at the moment.

Vast and unaddressed disparities in healthcare outcomes and access

Torie:

Adding members to the Supreme Court to address the fact that a minority-elected senate's leader blocked a Dem nomination before an election and rushed through a Rep nomination before the next one

Torie:
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 09:38:35 PM »

CraneHusband’s meme is 100% accurate lol

What exactly is Torie supposed to say about health care that will validate his opposition to packing the Supreme Court? It's as if he yelled at you for texting while driving and you responded by lecturing him over his neglect of the systemic racism implicit in high rates of heart disease. It's pure nonsense that is meant only to browbeat someone into having the conversation that you believe they should be having.

The point of the meme was that it's weird to be "livid" about something like court packing but nonchalant about something else that's much more serious, at least from my point of view. The comment came across as "both sides"-ism in the worst way possible.

Also, it's always a good time to post Regular Show gifs.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 09:51:10 PM »

The point of the meme was that it's weird to be "livid" about something like court packing but nonchalant about something else that's much more serious, at least from my point of view. The comment came across as "both sides"-ism in the worst way possible.

Also, it's always a good time to post Regular Show gifs.

The size of the Supreme Court is not a frivolous issue, and I won't let some lazy trash-fed bandit tell me otherwise.

It's not frivolous, but not evil, either. Especially with the way McConnell controlled it for years. Right now the Court is more nakedly ideological than it has been in decades, and American jurisprudence suffers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies