Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:03:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Leftward

Rightward

Neither/No Change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 176

Author Topic: Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward?  (Read 11171 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« on: April 24, 2021, 07:19:47 PM »

Shifted to the left - but not by much.

I’ve still got an economically conservative streak, at least from an austerity and deficit perspective, but I’ve become far fonder of regulation - as a tool for promoting certain behaviours (taxation has proved helpful in reducing smoking prevalence in some regions, and specific financial incentives to make people choose more environmentally friendly choices seem like a good move now).

On the social front, I’d like to think I’m more liberal. Less likely to judge, and more willing to let people get on with their own business. Not really a fan of the punitive culture that’s intensified around prickly social issues. Still avowedly anti-gun though.

Essentially, I’m a conservative by Scottish standards, a centrist by UK standards, and a liberal by US standards. Gotta love the Overton window.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies