Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:56:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Leftward

Rightward

Neither/No Change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 176

Author Topic: Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward?  (Read 10861 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 21, 2021, 08:32:23 AM »

Somewhat to the left, but no real fundamental changes. The issues are different, and I don't feel I understand macroeconomics as much as I thought I did. But mostly I feel estranged from the political class, most of them, and both parties. Our system is basically broken. And there are some proposals that seem to be taken seriously in some quarters, such as packing SCOTUS, that just make me livid. Politicians in both parties seem to pander to their base in crude and reckless ways, that seems more grating to me than in the past. And of course there seems to be more crazies out there in our toxically polarized environment. Tolerance of the other in the public square seems to be at a nadir at the moment.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 09:13:21 AM »

Thank you for your intense interest in my opinions!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07:57:38 AM »

To pick up on what Scott said, it had an impact on me when I moved to a very diverse block with huge variations in the life the residents lived. I have seen it all, up close and personal, including getting to know a few that were utterly "destitute," both economically and "spiritually." That has had an impact on me, intellectually and emotionally.

I might that I have met almost no one whom I considered "evil," to use a judgemental word. They just got trapped by their life story and circumstances. And it reminds me every day just how fortunate I have been in my life, being afforded as I have just about every advantage imaginable. So that to some extent has changed my world view, and my politics. I may be a calculating lawyer type, but I am still human apparently.  Smile
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies