Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:33:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Leftward

Rightward

Neither/No Change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 176

Author Topic: Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward?  (Read 11081 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: February 01, 2019, 11:56:13 PM »

Maybe somewhat of a switch from the Tea Party to the Christian Right, but I don't know if you would call that leftward or rightward.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 12:26:28 PM »

My actual stances on a yes or no questionnaire probably haven't changed too much since 2015 (apart from a couple issues like immigration), but my disposition towards them and how I look at politics has changed a lot.  You grow up a lot between being a 18 year old college freshman and a 25 year old in the real world.  Plus, I've had a significant religious conversion in that period as well that has certainly impacted how I see the world.  I would also say that is responsible both for my change of heart on certain issues and for my current heavy focus on religious issues and social conservatism.

Then, it probably depends on the environment I am in and what issues are currently salient as to how I come across.  It's different being a conservative at Vanderbilt versus in an ultra-conservative evangelical bubble like I am now; for example, friends from my young adults ministry were playing this game where people had to say if they like a person/place/thing or not.  When Joe Biden came up, a grand total of zero people said they liked him...and all of the guessers correctly predicted that absolutely nobody would like Biden.  I actually get in more disagreements from the "left" in real life than I do from the "right", apart from when talking with people from previous stages of my life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies