Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:26:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Leftward

Rightward

Neither/No Change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 176

Author Topic: Since joining this forum have you moved leftward or rightward?  (Read 11092 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 22, 2021, 02:44:28 AM »

I'd honestly say about the same. I was a card-carrying Democrat, but I was still vehemently leftist. I had called Barack Obama "Georack Obamush" after signing partial Dodd-Frank repeal and deleting a call to riot after they found George Zimmerman not guilty.

My attachment to the Democratic Party is another story. The first time I "went lime green" was over the partial repeal of Dodd-Frank during the CRomnibus debate, and I came back around 2016 out of hope for compromise with Bernie. I left the party again around 2018 - the final straw was House leadership's treatment of the Squad. Overall, I've found that many Democrats wish people like me would GTFO the party for the heinous crime of not supporting Hillary in the primary.

I am optimistic about becoming a Democrat some day, and I believe Biden is putting work towards making the party a place for the left, but there's a lot of decay in the party that will take years to recover from.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies