Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:41:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 70306 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: April 09, 2019, 04:05:57 PM »

God's Plan.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1401 on: April 09, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »

It's only been two months, and I have totally forgotten about this.

That’s not something to brag about; the LG of Virginia is a rapist. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1402 on: April 09, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »

Joe Biden said he was the Governor VA needed right now when he called for Northam's resignation, lol.

That looks worse as time goes by, doesn't it?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1403 on: April 09, 2019, 09:41:17 PM »

Joe Biden said he was the Governor VA needed right now when he called for Northam's resignation, lol.

I mean, tbf, Northam needs to resign too and that was before it came out that Fairfax was a rapist.  Herring should be Governor, but sadly the VA Dems are cowards.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1404 on: April 10, 2019, 12:02:46 AM »

Where's this story at now in April? Does the accuser (still) seem legit, and was it rape or some touchy-feely thing? I'm getting fuzzy (not Fuzzy !) on the details at this point.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1405 on: April 10, 2019, 12:15:18 AM »

No?

It's not like Biden (or almost anyone else) had any idea about the allegations against Fairfax.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1406 on: April 10, 2019, 01:30:00 AM »

No?

It's not like Biden (or almost anyone else) had any idea about the allegations against Fairfax.

Nobody calling for Fairfax to be governor knew anything about him except that he was a black dude.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1407 on: April 10, 2019, 05:02:06 AM »

No?

Nobody calling for Fairfax to be governor knew anything about him except that he was a black dude.

I just find it ironic that Biden makes the statements he made and then events unfold as they did.

What people stupidly did in High School or College that is not illegal and was considered OK back then should not be held against people now, after the fact.  Especially something such as this.  Northam and Herring have had records in public life that suggest that they are elected officials that are responsive to their black constituents, and that they are not personally racist.  The holier-than-thou crowd just couldn't have this, but then ended up damaging the careers of pols that were actually advancing the ideas they care about the most.

"I wish I hadn't done it.  I hope that my record in public life has given testimony as to my attitudes in action as far as issues of racial equality goes."  A statement such as that should have ended all of this.  That is didn't, and wouldn't, is evidence that people have lost all perspective and all ability to keep things in a balanced perspective. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1408 on: April 10, 2019, 05:34:21 AM »

Where's this story at now in April? Does the accuser (still) seem legit, and was it rape or some touchy-feely thing? I'm getting fuzzy (not Fuzzy !) on the details at this point.

Both accusers seem legit from what I’ve seen
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1409 on: April 10, 2019, 09:38:36 AM »

No?

I don't think that's why people wanted him to replace Northam, I think it was more because he was scandal-free (at the time) and people wanted Northam gone.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1410 on: April 10, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »

No?

And, ahem, lieutenant governor. Plus not the current governor with a blackface scandal.

Though again, knowing what we know now, like most people I would gladly take the current governor over a likely sexual assaulter.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1411 on: April 10, 2019, 09:41:42 AM »

Booooooo
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1412 on: April 10, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »

He's nearly off the market, Thomas - no threat to you any longer even if he returns home to Indiana. He's a stand up guy
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1413 on: April 10, 2019, 09:57:50 AM »

And unfortunately Virginia Dems have no desire to let them be heard.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1414 on: April 10, 2019, 10:29:22 AM »

He's nearly off the market, Thomas - no threat to you any longer even if he returns home to Indiana. He's a stand up guy

Lol, nothing against him ... I hate UVA after that deal with the devil (this is the only possible explanation for their last three games) got them that Natty.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1415 on: April 10, 2019, 10:48:07 AM »

Lol, nothing against him ... I hate UVA after that deal with the devil (this is the only possible explanation for their last three games) got them that Natty.

UVA made a deal with Duke?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1416 on: April 10, 2019, 11:30:35 AM »

No more than congressional Republicans cared that Kavanaugh is an attempted rapist.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1417 on: April 10, 2019, 11:40:42 AM »

No deal was made with Mike Krzyzewski. It was Our Year.

Don't worry, the Fighting Illini will be a competitive NIT bubble team next year!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1418 on: April 10, 2019, 01:30:36 PM »

No?

I don't think that's why people wanted him to replace Northam, I think it was more because he was scandal-free (at the time) and people wanted Northam gone.

I know but it was why Democrats near and far were going on about him representing some kind of hopeful future for the state.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1419 on: April 10, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »

No?

I know but it was why Democrats near and far were going on about him representing some kind of hopeful future for the state.

Nah, that was more about Fairfax not being Ralph Northam
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1420 on: April 10, 2019, 02:45:47 PM »

Don't worry, the Fighting Illini will be a competitive NIT bubble team next year!

Congrats on the championship, I guess.  From personal experience, I'd be careful how cocky you get being good.  It can change fast.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1421 on: April 10, 2019, 04:51:54 PM »

No?

Not...really? It's that Dems really, really wanted "Not Ralph Northam," and Fairfax being a compelling young figure was just a benefit.

It's a be careful what you wish for moment, obviously. No one today would pick Fairfax over Northam.

Northam's still an idiot, like a real, honest to God idiot. Fairfax is a monster. Former's still better.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1422 on: April 10, 2019, 06:22:41 PM »

Congrats on the championship, I guess.  From personal experience, I'd be careful how cocky you get being good.  It can change fast.

Oh I know. There will be a day where Coach Bennett and his beautiful system will be just a memory. So I’m gonna soak in as much as I can now. It’s one of those things you tell your kids about.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1423 on: April 10, 2019, 07:33:17 PM »

No more than congressional Republicans cared that Kavanaugh is an attempted rapist.

Republicans allowed Ford the opportunity to speak and showed her respect, Virginia Dems want Watson and Tyson silenced.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1424 on: May 22, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Probe-done-on-blackface-photo-in-Virginia-govs-yearbook-510216641.html
Probe inconclusive on Northam's racist yearbook photo
An investigation ordered up by a Virginia medical school failed to determine whether Gov. Ralph Northam is in a 1984 yearbook photo of a man in blackface next to someone in a Ku Klux Klan hood.

Investigators with a law firm hired by Eastern Virginia Medical School said Wednesday they couldn't "conclusively determine" the identities of either person in the 35-year-old photo.

They also said they couldn't discern how the picture was placed on Northam's yearbook page, but found no evidence it was placed there by mistake or as a prank.

The report found no one "with first-hand knowledge of an actual mistake on any page, including any personal page, within the 1984 yearbook."

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies