Charlie Baker should be offered a prominent job in the next Dem administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:59:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Charlie Baker should be offered a prominent job in the next Dem administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Charlie Baker should be offered a prominent job in the next Dem administration  (Read 1173 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« on: January 30, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »

If a Democrat wins the presidency in 2020, she should offer Charlie Baker a prominent position in her administration, just to get him out of the governor's mansion.  There are no term limits in Massachusetts, so if Democrats want to win the governorship in that state they need to find some other way to create a vacancy.  What's more, Baker seems like a very capable administrator and would probably do a good job.

Thoughts on this?  Would Charlie Baker ever accept an offer like this?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Massachusetts has gubernatorial term limits.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Massachusetts has gubernatorial term limits.

Oh well, in any case we have veto-proof majorities so whether he sticks around isn’t that big a deal tbh.  Certainly no need to offer him anything imo

Would you rather have Baker as governor than Maura Healey?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies