Bella Santorum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:33:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bella Santorum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bella Santorum  (Read 3055 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 11:04:25 PM »

You wouldn't think a thread about a child not dying of a debilitating disease would get vitriolic and hateful, but here we are.

If the OP wasn't a raging hypocrite, his fake sanctimony and selective morality wouldn't push my buttons so hard.

That said, you're right in that my comment above is excessive for the forum, even if it is accurate. I'll delete my comments, but not the quote.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »

You lying racist piece of Trumpspew. You're a coward hiding behind a religion that you don't even practice. You'd be singing a different tune if her name was Bella Sanchez. Take your fake decency and shove it.

My sympathy for the children involved in being detained after illegally crossing the border is tempered by the need to enforce our immigration laws for the benefit of American citizens.

Kids pay for adult screwups.  That's a fact of life.  Mom gets drunk while pregnant, child develops Fetal Alcohol Syndrome:  Kids pay.  Mom or Dad steal tons of money for drugs, go to prison, leaving their kids in foster care:  Kids pay.  I can go on and on about this.  And, yes, Barron Trump will pay some in life for his Dad's more stupid comments, however just or unjust that is.

Perhaps that's the message people who would cross our border illegally need to get BEFORE they attempt (and fail).  Bringing your children along with you when you illegally enter this country shoudn't bring you a reward.  If it does, more and more people, progressively, will try to crash our borders.  Somehow, I think that's what a majority of folks at Atlas are rooting for.

This is the most amount of actual humanity you've demonstrated in my years on Atlas.  You can, indeed, share real emotion.  Now I grant you that hate is the ONLY emotion I've seen you capable of expressing, toward God, toward Trump, and toward me, but given your own total lack of humanity, I consider this a breakthrough.

I do, by the way, stand by the post you quoted.  Kids DO pay for adult screwups.  I'll stand by that.  It's a fact of life.  And, no, we should not let every illegal alien stay just because they brought their kids with them, any more than we should not arrest parents just because they took their kids along when they went out to cop drugs or shoplift. 

I do notice that the leftists who are aware of the phrase "False Equivilencies" didn't call you out on this one.  But that's OK.  Just keep getting in touch with your feelings and process them appropriately.  Baby Steps for you.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 11:28:04 PM »

To be absolutely clear, I don't think that we should kill anyone. My post was cry against the facile equation of medical possibility with moral advisability. Dilemmas like this demand more subtle guidance than the ethic of Dr. Victor Frankenstein.

All right, I'm sorry for reading your post in the least charitable way.

Still, you're not exactly helping your case by comparing a doctor upholding the Hippocratic oath by saving an actually existing human life and doing their best to make it as comfortable as it can be with a madman creating life ex nihilo.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 12:34:35 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2019, 12:38:09 AM by Snowguy716 »

You wouldn't think a thread about a child not dying of a debilitating disease would get vitriolic and hateful, but here we are.
This is extremely simplistic.  Stop trivializing the criticisms of people like me in an effort to *uphold* *the* *lives* *of* *a* *very* *lucky* *tiny* *minority* *of* *those* *with* *a* *debilitating* *disease* *who* *happen* *to* *have* *extraordinarily* *wealthy* *good* *catholic* *conservative* *daddies*

We live in a country that, in total, doesn't give a sh**t about people like Rick Santorum's daughter.  But he wants to parade her around like a God Damned piece of Pro-Life Propaganda.  "LOOK AT ME... WE *SAVED* OUR DAUGHTER."

And the mom who can't save her daughter because it would cost too much?  WELL WE SHOULD JUST BE GLAD RICK SANTORUM'S KID IS DOING FINE!!!!

Sorry Nathan.. but no.  Not good enough is no good at all in this case.

And I really warn you not to mistake my anger about this issue for a lack of sympathy for Rick Santorum's daughter.  I would think, you know, that a child being alive due to modern medical intervention wouldn't be a questionable issue in any case.  So don't try to fall back on that slimy lie to prove that you're right and I'm wrong.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 01:12:56 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2019, 01:16:38 AM by Trounce-'em Theresa »

So don't try to fall back on that slimy lie to prove that you're right and I'm wrong.

That I'm right and you're wrong about what, dude? I'm not "claiming" anything other than that this thread contains a bizarre amount of downright unhinged vituperation. And I stand by that now more than ever.

I'm aware that this country doesn't care about most people like Bella Santorum and that Rick Santorum's concern for people in his daughter's situation has obvious and unconscionable conditions and limits. I didn't deny that anywhere except, apparently, in your own mind.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 01:19:19 PM »

So don't try to fall back on that slimy lie to prove that you're right and I'm wrong.

That I'm right and you're wrong about what, dude? I'm not "claiming" anything other than that this thread contains a bizarre amount of downright unhinged vituperation. And I stand by that now more than ever.

I'm aware that this country doesn't care about most people like Bella Santorum and that Rick Santorum's concern for people in his daughter's situation has obvious and unconscionable conditions and limits. I didn't deny that anywhere except, apparently, in your own mind.
You have neither affirmed nor denied it.  You just made a snarky comment dismissing the strong feelings people have about the massive injustices in our healthcare system and wealth distribution that give people like Rick and Fuzzbear the high privilege of being pro-life.

I assume that if my opinions are just bitter and vitriolic, that you, at the very least, have a milder, less urgent level of empathy in the situation.  And that bothers me.  The thread doesn’t need your live commentary as if you’re judging a damned high school debate match.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »

I don't have a "milder, less urgent view of empathy", Snowguy, I'm just able to empathize without engaging in repeated paragraphs-long tirades on uselectionatlas dot org slash FORUM.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »

I don't have a "milder, less urgent view of empathy", Snowguy, I'm just able to empathize without engaging in repeated paragraphs-long tirades on uselectionatlas dot org slash FORUM.
Impressive.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 01:23:25 AM »

I am genuinely torn on this issue. Is that OK?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 11:54:40 AM »

I am genuinely torn on this issue. Is that OK?

Why not? It's a very emotional matter.

However, I'm not even sure I know exactly what the issue is. I think some pro-life posters are trying to say that because a politician with significant financial resources and Sterling gold health insurance decided to raise a severely disabled child rather than have an abortion, no one else should have abortions either. Am I getting this right?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 12:47:39 PM »

You lying racist piece of Trumpspew. You're a coward hiding behind a religion that you don't even practice. You'd be singing a different tune if her name was Bella Sanchez. Take your fake decency and shove it.

My sympathy for the children involved in being detained after illegally crossing the border is tempered by the need to enforce our immigration laws for the benefit of American citizens.

Kids pay for adult screwups.  That's a fact of life.  Mom gets drunk while pregnant, child develops Fetal Alcohol Syndrome:  Kids pay.  Mom or Dad steal tons of money for drugs, go to prison, leaving their kids in foster care:  Kids pay.  I can go on and on about this.  And, yes, Barron Trump will pay some in life for his Dad's more stupid comments, however just or unjust that is.

Perhaps that's the message people who would cross our border illegally need to get BEFORE they attempt (and fail).  Bringing your children along with you when you illegally enter this country shoudn't bring you a reward.  If it does, more and more people, progressively, will try to crash our borders.  Somehow, I think that's what a majority of folks at Atlas are rooting for.

This is the most amount of actual humanity you've demonstrated in my years on Atlas.  You can, indeed, share real emotion.  Now I grant you that hate is the ONLY emotion I've seen you capable of expressing, toward God, toward Trump, and toward me, but given your own total lack of humanity, I consider this a breakthrough.

I do, by the way, stand by the post you quoted.  Kids DO pay for adult screwups.  I'll stand by that.  It's a fact of life.  And, no, we should not let every illegal alien stay just because they brought their kids with them, any more than we should not arrest parents just because they took their kids along when they went out to cop drugs or shoplift. 

I do notice that the leftists who are aware of the phrase "False Equivilencies" didn't call you out on this one.  But that's OK.  Just keep getting in touch with your feelings and process them appropriately.  Baby Steps for you.

So says the supposed Evangelical Christian whose heart is filled with Hate.
And LOL at the Grand-Daddy of "False Equivalencies" in Atlas, who is practically begging for "leftists to call people out" for something he does constantly.

No, no Fuzzy. Sorry, but Ghost of Ruin's comment hit-the-nail-on-the-head with his description of your hypocritical (Christian) morality. Your Evangelical teachings, as you have made clear over the years in Atlas, have one set of rules for white people and another for individuals with brown colored skin.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 01:31:15 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2019, 02:07:42 PM by GP270watch »

How would Jesus treat women and children fleeing gang and political violence?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »

How would Jesus treat women and children feeling gang and political violence?

I think you meant "fleeing gang and political violence," but that is a good question.
Some time back, it put this same/similar question to Fuzzy in a prior (old) post, in where I pointed-out that God sent Moses to lead the Exodus of the Israelites out of Egypt and across the Red Sea (people who were fleeing political violence and slavery.)

And how was this different than what we see today?
And of course, Fuzzy just ignored my post and never responded. LOL.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 02:09:16 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2019, 02:34:07 PM by GP270watch »

I think you meant "fleeing gang and political violence," but that is a good question.

Sorry, my desktop auto-corrects spelling to the wrong word sometimes.

It's crazy how so called Christians betray the most fundamental teachings and aspects of Jesus's life for their own selfish and personal reasons. But then again a large segment of American Christianity has always been about racial homogeny, white supremacy, and the domination and annihilation of other cultures.

In the case of the people fleeing violence from Central America, many of them are amongst the most devout Christians on Earth. Yet their fellow American Christians are fine with treating them like garbage, and more importantly their children.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies