Germany to Close All Remaining Coal Power Plants, Will Rely Mainly on Renewables (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:16:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Germany to Close All Remaining Coal Power Plants, Will Rely Mainly on Renewables (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Germany to Close All Remaining Coal Power Plants, Will Rely Mainly on Renewables  (Read 1602 times)
republicanbayer
Rookie
Germany

« on: January 29, 2019, 04:15:37 AM »

republicanbayer
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:13:33 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2019, 04:31:33 PM by Stinkmeaner »

The new religion. Environmental taxes and expensive energy sources as the new indulgences for our Original Sin of existence.

Let me remind you as a fellow conservative, that denying scientific facts and fighting reasonable, inevitable progress has always made us look stupid.
I'm sure you're also aware, that renewable energy is roughly as cheap as fossil fuels, which has been subsidised by billions of taxpayers' money for decades.
republicanbayer
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 04:41:05 AM »

David himself lying is actually the more palatable of the two explanations for this "climate religion" line he's spouting. The less palatable is that the Koch/supermajors propaganda octopus is extending its tentacles worldwide and thus the international hard right in general is Americanizing on this subject.

I think there will always and everywhere be people who are willfully ignorant. What's even worse in my mind are those (politicians) who acknowledge that there is a climate crisis and yet refuse to act on it. Getting out of coal by 2038 is a perfect example of that. Not only that this decision was long overdue, 2030 would have been achievable as well if our politicians were at least a little bit ambitious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies