Post Random Maps Here 3.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:12:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post Random Maps Here 3.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 74
Author Topic: Post Random Maps Here 3.0  (Read 166800 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: March 06, 2021, 03:03:31 PM »

President Infinity: Trump gains multiple states from 2016 but still loses the popular vote.

I played as Trump and tried to see what was the weirdest result I could achieve. I put the computers on Easy and I also added a Green candidate to hopefully assist me.

Every state aside from Maine was decided by more than 5%. This inevitably results in some weird swing/trend maps.

Trump also flipped Minnesota, Maine, COLORADO and VIRGINIA from 2016 but still lost the popular vote to Biden by half a point. Gardner, McSally, Loeffler, Perdue, James, Gade and Lewis all pop the champagne as the Republicans are sworn to a 57-43 senate majority and the Republicans win 251 seats in the House.

Biden would not have lost CO, MN and ME if Hillary kept them, but he could have lost WI
Proud Houstonian
Proud Houstianan
United States

« Reply #1126 on: March 07, 2021, 10:22:32 AM »

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=7wyy Election w/out covid
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1127 on: March 07, 2021, 08:46:07 PM »

1980 if HW Bush defeated Reagan for the Republican nomination:

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1128 on: March 09, 2021, 01:44:02 AM »

BigVic
Australia

« Reply #1129 on: March 09, 2021, 08:54:51 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2021, 09:00:51 PM by BigVic »

2016 if McMullin campaigns well

Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #1130 on: March 13, 2021, 11:14:16 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2021, 11:23:42 AM by Cassandra »

Another Perot-does-well-throwing-election-to-house map.

And a Perot victory map, for the hell of it.

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1131 on: March 14, 2021, 02:57:27 AM »

amogus
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1132 on: March 14, 2021, 02:58:13 AM »

get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1133 on: March 16, 2021, 09:01:24 PM »

Who got a higher raw percentage in each state between McCain 2008 and Trump 2020

Despite Trump losing by 3% less than McCain the results were fairly close its striking to me how similar this map is to the 2016 swing map.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1134 on: March 17, 2021, 11:57:20 AM »

Heres Romney 2012 vs Trump 2020

Despite losing by a percentage less than Trump Romney comes just 2 ev's short of 270 I might do Biden 2020 vs Obama 2012 after this to see how that compares
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #1135 on: March 17, 2021, 06:06:55 PM »

States with a violent crime rate above the national average in purple vs. states with a violent crime rate below the national average in green

Tipping Point State - Florida

Data
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1136 on: March 18, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »

Biden 2020 vs Obama 2012
JoeInator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -4.00

« Reply #1137 on: March 19, 2021, 09:46:04 AM »

Every state decided by a coin toss (heads for Biden, tails for Trump):

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1138 on: March 22, 2021, 07:45:31 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2021, 07:58:39 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Senate map as of today with Acton leading 54/46

Map of the states I visited and Cali I relocated to

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1139 on: March 22, 2021, 11:05:42 PM »

Here is a map of a new scenario I've devised. This is of an alternate 2020 election. Who are the candidates? What is the electoral and popular vote? What are the coalitions?

Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1140 on: March 23, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »

Here is a map of a new scenario I've devised. This is of an alternate 2020 election. Who are the candidates? What is the electoral and popular vote? What are the coalitions?

This map is... weird. I am down for the challenge.

The Democrat is presumably a Mississippian... Jim Hood? The Republican would be someone like Mitt Romney I suppose.
The Republican wins the popular vote by something like 12 to 15 percentage points and carries every state save for Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.
I can barely hazard any thoughts about the coalitions, if not that the Democrat runs a campaign laser-focused on the South and the Republican takes advantage of it to scoop up support everywhere else especially with moderate liberals in urban and suburban areas.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1141 on: March 24, 2021, 09:22:02 AM »

Assuming the Yellow counties are ties, not some 3rd party?
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1142 on: March 24, 2021, 10:04:05 AM »

The Democrat is presumably a Mississippian... Jim Hood? The Republican would be someone like Mitt Romney I suppose.
The Republican wins the popular vote by something like 12 to 15 percentage points and carries every state save for Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.
I can barely hazard any thoughts about the coalitions, if not that the Democrat runs a campaign laser-focused on the South and the Republican takes advantage of it to scoop up support everywhere else especially with moderate liberals in urban and suburban areas.

The gains in Oklahoma and West Virginia seem to imply that the Dems have done a complete about-face on fossil fuels, perhaps incensing the Native vote enough for their serious backslides in Alaska, Montana, and New Mexico. Some serious culture-war de-escalation must have occurred somehow, or this is some Bob Casey Sr. type inversion thereof as may be suggested by Republican strength in counties like Dane.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1143 on: March 24, 2021, 10:41:27 AM »

The Democrat is indeed Jim Hood. The Republican would be a certain Republican Governor, from the Northeast.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1144 on: March 24, 2021, 10:45:29 AM »

The Democrat is indeed Jim Hood. The Republican would be a certain Republican Governor, from the Northeast.
Phil??
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1145 on: March 24, 2021, 11:28:24 AM »

Jim Hood v Phil Scott makes this hypothetical a hard decision for me (for who to vote for). Who are the running mates?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1146 on: March 24, 2021, 01:12:06 PM »

Phil??

Yes.

Jim Hood v Phil Scott makes this hypothetical a hard decision for me (for who to vote for). Who are the running mates?

Kander would be Hood's running mate. I'm still trying to make a definitive decision as to who would be Scott's running mate.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1147 on: March 24, 2021, 01:34:00 PM »

Looks almost like the county map I made for Gary Johnson (R) vs. Hillary Clinton 2016 back when.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1148 on: March 24, 2021, 02:14:48 PM »

Looks almost like the county map I made for Gary Johnson (R) vs. Hillary Clinton 2016 back when.

That's interesting. What was the scenario that you had for it?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1149 on: March 24, 2021, 06:16:26 PM »

That's interesting. What was the scenario that you had for it?

I used a spreadsheet to change Johnson and Trump's national percentage and applied that change to all counties in the nation.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies