Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:50:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129645 times)
elephantower
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: March 09, 2019, 10:42:21 PM »

Today Bernie filed for re-election...in 2024 as an Independent.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-files-fo-2024-re-election-to-senate

He also had a pretty rough time on a black radio show, stumbled a lot on reparations questions and other things.

Could any other presidential candidate point to specific legislation they supported that helps African Americans? Serious question (though I strongly suspect the answer is no)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #876 on: March 09, 2019, 11:03:30 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-files-fo-2024-re-election-to-senate

He also had a pretty rough time on a black radio show, stumbled a lot on reparations questions and other things.

Bu-b-b-b-but Kamala mixed up Snoopdog... uhhhhh REEFERGATE!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #877 on: March 09, 2019, 11:57:39 PM »

Bernie is totally busted now.

This is the same woman who could not name a newspaper that she could read and said the Iranian President's name 10 million times during the VP Debate (every 2 minutes, the name of Iran's President came out of her mouth). Also she also created "Drill, Baby, Drill." This woman does not have a high school diploma. Even Republicans don't like her. Sadly, she can be a Senator if she wants, because primarying Murkowksi is easy

Joe Miller agrees.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #878 on: March 10, 2019, 12:36:14 AM »

That clip is less than a minute of an interview that was a half-hour long, FYI. Plenty of the interview went fine, and he definitely seemed more comfortable in most of the interview than in those particular 40 seconds.

Anyway, Sanders doesn't seem to be taking much rest after 5 rallies. He'll have another 3 in the next four days. Two tomorrow in NH, and one in SC on the 14th (good to see that he's not going to be writing off SC this time.) Even those who don't like him have to admit, it's impressive that a 77 year-old can do this many rallies in such a short period of time.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #879 on: March 10, 2019, 12:43:19 AM »

That clip is less than a minute of an interview that was a half-hour long, FYI. Plenty of the interview went fine, and he definitely seemed more comfortable in most of the interview than in those particular 40 seconds.

Anyway, Sanders doesn't seem to be taking much rest after 5 rallies. He'll have another 3 in the next four days. Two tomorrow in NH, and one in SC on the 14th (good to see that he's not going to be writing off SC this time.) Even those who don't like him have to admit, it's impressive that a 77 year-old can do this many rallies in such a short period of time.

Not surprising at all.. this man runs to catch his train.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #880 on: March 10, 2019, 01:01:09 AM »

Omg we've already reached peak Bern
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #881 on: March 10, 2019, 09:25:42 AM »

The radio interview was brilliant & Sanders did very well.

The hosts pushed him hard about every damn thing & he was very good.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #882 on: March 10, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »

Could any other presidential candidate point to specific legislation they supported that helps African Americans? Serious question (though I strongly suspect the answer is no)

One could probably find some way to, even if it's a stretch.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #883 on: March 10, 2019, 08:18:32 PM »

I honestly don't have a problem with the age thing. I am lean Biden, after all. We have so many medicines these days, and I just don't see him dying as president.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #884 on: March 10, 2019, 09:49:21 PM »

Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #885 on: March 11, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »

One could probably find some way to, even if it's a stretch.

I guess Booker has the first step act but other than that idk.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #886 on: March 11, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »

Can we please stop demagoging sanders. I like the guy and all (not supporting in the primary) but stuff like this is a bit much
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »

Can we please stop demagoging sanders. I like the guy and all (not supporting in the primary) but stuff like this is a bit much

Dude, its a song lyric: https://youtu.be/JjBMvele7yY
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #888 on: March 11, 2019, 02:36:18 PM »

This is Atlas, so there are only two options. Sanders is either God or Satan.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #889 on: March 11, 2019, 04:22:20 PM »

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #890 on: March 11, 2019, 04:25:20 PM »

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #891 on: March 11, 2019, 06:19:34 PM »

How have you gotten worse since you started posting here?
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #892 on: March 11, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »

Nah, I think it's just you being jealous of my S W A G
James Monroe

« Reply #893 on: March 12, 2019, 06:56:26 PM »

Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #894 on: March 12, 2019, 07:24:17 PM »

Yeah, but if she can't get to 15% in any states, she's not gonna get any delegates. Unfortunately, that's where I find myself right now. I'd rather Warren, but I don't want to put in a lot of support for a candidate going nowhere or, worse, put work into a candidate that's only going to end up siphoning support from my ideological wing.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #895 on: March 12, 2019, 09:11:55 PM »

Thank you for establishing how Warren is good at drafting policy and writing bills, and how Sanders is able to captivate an audience and sell policy to the public. Thats one of the big reasons Sanders is above Warren in my ranking, Warren is not charismatic but good on policy, shes more suitable for State Senate Majority Leader, and while Sanders doesnt have all the details, he oozes Charisma, which is what you need to win the presidency and govern as an executive.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #896 on: March 12, 2019, 10:29:14 PM »

Sad that these "Democrats" spend literally all of their free time (and apparently they have a lot of it) Tweeting about Sanders and some "disqualifying" word he said decades ago, all under the guise of "scrutiny" (I'm sure they hold every Democratic candidate to that level of scrutiny.) I would say that their attacks on "Bernie Bros" are the pot calling the kettle black, but they're honestly even more pathetic than even the most obnoxious Sanders supporters I've met, never mind the majority of Sanders supporters.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #897 on: March 12, 2019, 11:28:15 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2019, 11:31:43 PM by Liz or Leave »

Thank you for establishing how Warren is good at drafting policy and writing bills, and how Sanders is able to captivate an audience and sell policy to the public. Thats one of the big reasons Sanders is above Warren in my ranking, Warren is not charismatic but good on policy, shes more suitable for State Senate Majority Leader, and while Sanders doesnt have all the details, he oozes Charisma, which is what you need to win the presidency and govern as an executive.

Zaybay I quite like you and your opinions but this is kind of a bizarre perspective that sounds more like a rationalization than a reason to me. At least as far as who makes a better executive, the claim here is that an ill-prepared but charismatic person would be a better executive than a qualified person who is not charismatic. If you removed the names "Sanders" and "Warren" from that paragraph and showed it to the average person they would disagree. For that matter, what you posted could apply just as easily to Clinton and Trump, no? Worth pointing out here that Liz Warren was the brain child behind, and served as a special advisor to, the CFPB.

It's also worth pointing out that what it means to be "charismatic" and to have several other political leadership traits is HIGHLY gendered. Sanders has a level of credibility because he shows anger and because he gives commanding speeches in front of large crowds. Those are things he is able to do and get away with, in large part, because he is a man. It's incredibly difficult for a female politician to do this and not take flak for it. What the quoted post does is reinforces very masculine-coded forms of leadership which in turn reinforces some misogynistic attitudes about women in government.

Before I get dragged for this: I'm not saying Berniebros are misogynists, or that Bernie is a sexist, or any of those things. This is a societal perception problem that we all have been immersed in our entire lives and all participate in to some degree. I'm just trying to highlight what I think is a very serious issue that transcends Warren/Bernie/Clinton/Trump.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #898 on: March 12, 2019, 11:38:27 PM »

Elizabeth Warren cannot win a general election and Bernie Sanders can.

End of discussion.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #899 on: March 12, 2019, 11:48:23 PM »

Elizabeth Warren cannot win a general election and Bernie Sanders can.

End of discussion.

"Donald Trump cannot win a general election and Hillary Clinton can.

End of discussion." - Pundit 2015

"Barack Obama cannot win a general election and John McCain can.

End of discussion." - Pundit 2007

"No Democrat can win a general election and George H.W. Bush can.

End of discussion." - Pundit 1991
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies