Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:20:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127340 times)
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 08:19:52 PM »

Why can't Bernie just go away? He's not even a Democrat.

Anyways, I have still never heard an explanation as to why progressives want an 80+ year old to be President?
Better a non-Democrat than the Wall Street prostitutes that make up the rest of the non-Warren field.
Gone to Carolina
SaltGiver
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »

Anyways, I have still never heard an explanation as to why progressives want an 80+ year old to be President?

Because age is just a number and Bernie seems to be in good health. He just needs to pick a competent VP.

The whole Bernie is not a Democrat line comes off as really hacky. It’s just a label. There are legitimate criticisms of Bernie but that isn’t one of them.

Yeah I never understood that line of attack, would the people pushing that line rather Bernie ran an independent campaign? Seems then they'd cry about him being a spoiler for the presumptive Democratic nominee.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 08:24:57 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »

...Yaaay...

Because age is just a number and Bernie seems to be in good health. He just needs to pick a competent VP.

The whole Bernie is not a Democrat line comes off as really hacky. It’s just a label. There are legitimate criticisms of Bernie but that isn’t one of them.

I agree for the most part. He seems to be in fine health and it shouldn't matter. But Trump and the GOP, should he get the nomination, will definitely make an issue of it in the general election. Hell, they did that to Clinton in 2016, who is younger than Trump. That's why I have my reservations about his age.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 08:27:57 PM »

Endorsed
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 08:28:49 PM »

He risks splitting his base with Warren. I guess if she flops, there supporters will have a candidate to rally behind, but honestly one of them should've sat the race out in favor of the other, in this case Bernie in favor of Warren.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 08:31:23 PM »

I want to see how he campaigns first too before making a decision, but my opinion has always been that I want a fresh face to be the nominee next year.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 08:33:23 PM »

...Yaaay...

I agree for the most part. He seems to be in fine health and it shouldn't matter. But Trump and the GOP, should he get the nomination, will definitely make an issue of it in the general election. Hell, they did that to Clinton in 2016, who is younger than Trump. That's why I have my reservations about his age.

I don’t think age really hurt Clinton much in 2016 though.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »

I really hope Bernie and Warren split the field so that a good Democrat like Kamala Harris can get nominated.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:41 PM »

...Yaaay...

I don’t think age really hurt Clinton much in 2016 though.

It could have. Clinton died a death of a thousand paper cuts. Speaking anecdotally, my dad turned against Clinton after she collapsed that one time, saying: "we can't elect a President with an expiration date!" There had to be others who thought this way too.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:55 PM »

adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2019, 08:40:43 PM »

Sanders and Warren are functionally the same on policy, but Sanders is a better campaigner and politician. Endorsed.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »

It's not just a "label". He's not a Democrat. He's running in the DEMOCRATIC primary.

Anyways, Bernie's campaign will fail...again.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2019, 08:45:33 PM »

It's not just a "label". He's not a Democrat. He's running in the DEMOCRATIC primary.

That has no affect on actual policy though. It’s not like he’s some right winger who isn’t aligned with any faction of the party.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2019, 08:46:28 PM »

Not sure of his chances this time around. But I’m happy he’s jumping in if it means pushing the eventual nominee further left.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2019, 08:48:05 PM »

I hate this trend of presidential candidates announcing earlier and earlier in the year every election cycle.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2019, 08:49:05 PM »

I hate this trend of presidential candidates announcing earlier and earlier in the year every election cycle.

I'm fine with it. Some of us who are incredibly pathetic need something like the 2020 primaries to look forward to.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2019, 08:50:02 PM »

LOL. You say that as if it's a bad thing.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2019, 08:51:54 PM »

I think it’s a consequence of a more digital world. Breaking news is on our fingertips at any given moment and information moves fast. You need to be relevant now before someone else takes off, so once someone big announces, you don’t want to wait too long and have to play catch up.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2019, 08:52:01 PM »

America is too antisemitic to elect Bernie Sanders.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:47 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2019, 08:55:46 PM »

Because he’s the most left-wing major politician in this country, at least of those who are eligible to become President.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2019, 09:04:24 PM »

That has no affect on actual policy though. It’s not like he’s some right winger who isn’t aligned with any faction of the party.
If Bernie runs then he'll split the progressive vote with Warren, thus making it even easier for Kamala to get the nomination.

That would be 100% fine with me. I lean progressive overall and I don't hate Bernie but he's too old and he missed his chance in 2016.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2019, 09:10:14 PM »

Senior advisor says its not happening.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:12 PM »

Excellent. At the very least, he'll continue pulling the Democrats to the left.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies