Newly appointed Fl. SoS resigns after blackface picture exposed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:34:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Newly appointed Fl. SoS resigns after blackface picture exposed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Newly appointed Fl. SoS resigns after blackface picture exposed  (Read 1447 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 07:39:13 PM »

I really hope he can recover from this and have a successful life and career but man oh man what an incredibly stupid and disgusting thing to do.  I don't know what could possess someone to think this was a good idea.

How many future Presidents are having their 2048 campaigns derailed by what's going onto Facebook today?

A better question is this:  If THIS guy's political career is ruined (albeit, by his own stupidity), and if people are going to actively use this against him in any career he attempts, why, then, should Jesse Jackson deserve one more minute of positive regard in the public limelight?  Once an anti-Semite, always an anti-Semite?  After all, Jackson's  comments represent his own, unforced expression of anti-Jewish sentiment?  

Ertel's behavior was at a private party.  Jackson's behavior was on the campaign trail for President.

And was Jesse Jackson elected to any office? Is he been remotely relevant in 30 years? You really really really really need to find a new scapegoat to whatabout every racist Republican.

Jesse Jackson was a viable Presidential candidate in two (2) consecutive election cycles.  He was the runner-up to Michael Dukakis in 1988; a whole night of the 1988 Democratic National Convention was dedicated to him.  He was a Democratic power broker for decades.  He was a Spiritual Adviser to President Bill Clinton (before his own infidelity was exposed).  He has been a figure in Chicago politics to this day. 

Stop kidding yourself.  You simply don't wish to acknowledge the leftist double standard here.  People have been un-honored, and run out of politics for far less than Jackson has done.
It’s not a “double standard” when the two examples you’re comparing occurred thirty years apart.

You realize this is that thing people mock you for where you try to derail a thread by posting ad nauseum about some irrelevant topic, right?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »

I really hope he can recover from this and have a successful life and career but man oh man what an incredibly stupid and disgusting thing to do.  I don't know what could possess someone to think this was a good idea.

How many future Presidents are having their 2048 campaigns derailed by what's going onto Facebook today?

A better question is this:  If THIS guy's political career is ruined (albeit, by his own stupidity), and if people are going to actively use this against him in any career he attempts, why, then, should Jesse Jackson deserve one more minute of positive regard in the public limelight?  Once an anti-Semite, always an anti-Semite?  After all, Jackson's  comments represent his own, unforced expression of anti-Jewish sentiment?  

Ertel's behavior was at a private party.  Jackson's behavior was on the campaign trail for President.

And was Jesse Jackson elected to any office? Is he been remotely relevant in 30 years? You really really really really need to find a new scapegoat to whatabout every racist Republican.

Jesse Jackson was a viable Presidential candidate in two (2) consecutive election cycles.  He was the runner-up to Michael Dukakis in 1988; a whole night of the 1988 Democratic National Convention was dedicated to him.  He was a Democratic power broker for decades.  He was a Spiritual Adviser to President Bill Clinton (before his own infidelity was exposed).  He has been a figure in Chicago politics to this day. 

Stop kidding yourself.  You simply don't wish to acknowledge the leftist double standard here.  People have been un-honored, and run out of politics for far less than Jackson has done.
It’s not a “double standard” when the two examples you’re comparing occurred thirty years apart.

You realize this is that thing people mock you for where you try to derail a thread by posting ad nauseum about some irrelevant topic, right?

Ask me if I care about your opinion of me, or of what I post. 

One standard has been applied to Mr. Ertel and another standard has been applied to Rev. Jackson.  I really don't mind disrupting the Echo Chamber to ask if that's OK.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »

Fuzzy Bear, you're super invested in decrying the tragedy that this humble civil servant might be brought low by his racist mockery coming to light, rather than what the targets of that racist mockery might think, and what it might make them feel about his ability to administer Florida's elections.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »

If you continue to ultra reach for Jackson's 35 year old slur as a whataboutism co.parison cor modern politics, you will rightly be considerex a joke on tge subject
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies