Crisis in Venezuela (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:25:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Crisis in Venezuela (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crisis in Venezuela  (Read 18413 times)
LoneStarDem
United States
« on: April 30, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »

It's still early, but I know that Maduro has Russia, PRC, Mexico (AMLO sticking with his half-assed policy of non-intervention crap is tacitly backing Maduro), Cuba, Iran, NK, Turkey, etc., in his corner.

Plus half of the Venezuelan Military is behind him as well.

Something tells me we're going to see a repeat of the 2016 Turkey failed coup d'état & we all know what happened to the coup letters in that one....

LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »

Trump needs to send in the army ASAP.
Because proving Maduro right on recent events and galvanizing the Chavistas would work wonders on bringing peace to the region. Not to mention back home, with the president not even having a people’s mandate for this war, not to mention his presidency, in the first place.
^^^^
Trump supporters would revolt if he deployed ground troops into any potential conflict there. Plus as PSOL noted, any such action would only dramatically worsen the situation.

US Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) strongly believes the future of the Western Hemisphere is at stake considering PRC, Russia, Iran, Turkey, etc., are upping the ante against the United States for dominance of the Western Hemisphere.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »

Sounds like Maduro & his loyalists in the Venezuelan Military are cracking down on the opposition hard.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 03:22:03 PM »

I am sick and tired of American backed and sometimes even done coups and regime changes and stupid foreign policy, enough already of the "democracy" thumping propaganda machine.

Respectfully, pull your head out of your rear end and learn some damn empathy. You are wishing millions of people to continue living under autocracy and poverty to spite the American foreign policy establishment.

You just took the words out of my mouth. I was thinking about saying the same thing, but in much more expletives deleted language.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 07:56:07 PM »

Big question is whether Putin sends the Russian Military to launch air-strikes on the opposition ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 06:37:37 AM »

Sounds like this coup attempt will backfire. I'm wondering what happens to Guiado's family ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »

Keeping an eye on the following countries, who could do something on a military scale:

1.) Colombia

2..) Brazil

3.) Ecuador: if they have the balls to do it.

4.) Peru

5.) Chile

6.) Argentina

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies