Crisis in Venezuela (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:01:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Crisis in Venezuela (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crisis in Venezuela  (Read 18399 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 23, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »

U.S. Coups™: Overthrowing Latin American Governments since 1823
is there any evidence that is the case here?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:42:14 PM »

There is no such thing as a "right to self-determination" for dictatorships. A non-democratic regime has the exact same amount of legitimacy in ruling over people as a foreign country (ie, zero).

So any foreign intervention that actually succeeds in reestablishing democracy (which of course is not the case for most of them) is by nature preferable to non-intervention.

Christ that's a lot of countries you want to invade.
there are a lot of countries that need to be invaded.  It's unfortunate that the West has been very very bad at this, even when we've had good intentions.  Perhaps it's impossible to be "good" at it in many cases.  How the hell do you "fix" Iraq, for one, if dividing it up is off the table?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »

man, when is that invasion going to happen.  The US military "massed" on the border more than a week ago, what's taking them so long? : )
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 04:49:06 PM »

does that classify as "military" "massing"?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 05:23:17 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2019, 09:30:33 AM by Blind Jaunting »

Hopefully people in other countries will learn the lesson of never letting people like Chavez near power again.  Sadly collectivist liars (collectivist liars is redundant, so just) collectivists have plenty of lies to sell poor and desperate people, just like they have for the last 100 hundred years.

edit-also, wasn't the US military massing on the border?  What ever happened there?  Were the people that just knew the US was going to invade wrong?  Nooooooooooo
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2019, 05:38:50 PM by Blind Jaunting »

here is some advice, you should read up a little on a subject next time you want to post, you won't look so foolish like you do here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 05:10:12 PM »

Seems the Venezuelan people may have at least temporarily defeated the Randian enemies of humanity.
here is some advice, you should read up a little on a subject next time you want to post, you won't look so foolish like you do here.

"Read up" where? Let me guess, the same lying media that sold us Iraq/Libya/Syria, ect.?
oh I'm not going to tell you what media to pay attention to, I'm not sure why you thought I would.....I don't know what media was telling you that Guaidó was a Randian, but stay away from them, they're making you look silly.  Pretty much any other bit of media should be fine...unless you go looking for dummies again....I'd suggest not doing that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 05:24:59 PM »

what evidence is there that Guaidó is a puppet of someone like Bolton?  He seems to have become active in 2007, do you think Bolton was puppeting him then, or maybe the Obama administration started the puppet?  Or did it start later?  What's the puppet strings?  money? does Bolton have Guaidó's wife in a basement somewhere?  "promises" of support?  Is this just a "gut" thing for you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies