AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:56:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 29
Poll
Question: Will Doug Jones get a higher or lower vote share than Heidi Heitkamp did in 2018?
Higher

Lower

About the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 273

Author Topic: AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville  (Read 56634 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2019, 10:00:32 AM »

LoL... this dude never goes away, right? Probably the AL GOP is stupid enough to nominate him again.
He'll definitely make it to the runoff, but I have trouble seeing him winning it.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2019, 10:24:44 AM »

You know, Moore might actually be a Democrat trying to make Republicans look as bad as possible and trying to win Democrats races by being an absurd caricature of a terrible Republican candidate.

Then again, probably not. I will say that the AL GOP turning a sure thing into a real race would be so hilariously unsurprising. Nobody kid themselves though, Moore could definitely win, it would be close either way.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2019, 10:30:25 AM »

I would like to see a poll of head to head matchups between Jones and all the Republicans. I wouldn't even be that surprised if Moore doesn't do much worse than the others.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »

I would like to see a poll of head to head matchups between Jones and all the Republicans. I wouldn't even be that surprised if Moore doesn't do much worse than the others.

Yeah, the thing that many people don't understand is that very few republican voters went for Jones in 2017, republican voters who didn't like Moore simply stayed at home
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »

Yeah, the thing that many people don't understand is that very few republican voters went for Jones in 2017, republican voters who didn't like Moore simply stayed at home

Basically this

Likely R with Moore
Safe R without

Let's not forget this is Alabama, and there are a decent amount of deplorables, who will back Moore, and then there are the straight ticket R voters, special election turnout is always weird, Jones should be dead in the water with a GE electorate.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2019, 12:51:00 PM »

Basically this

Likely R with Moore
Safe R without

Let's not forget this is Alabama, and there are a decent amount of deplorables, who will back Moore, and then there are the straight ticket R voters, special election turnout is always weird, Jones should be dead in the water with a GE electorate.

Yes - Jones in victory received less votes than Hillary Clinton in two-to-one defeat.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2019, 06:17:42 PM by MT Treasurer »

This is a Tossup at best for Republicans with Moore, but Lean/Likely R without Moore. You’d think Republicans would have learned not to make overconfident predictions after one humiliating loss after another in red states, but apparently not. Can’t say I’m surprised.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2019, 06:17:04 PM »

This is a Tossup at worst for Republicans with Moore, but Titanium R without Moore.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »

HarrisonL

« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2019, 08:39:01 PM »

Again, people that underestimate the effects of Polarization are misguided and stuck in 2006. Moore, or any Republican, would defeat Jones in a Presidential Year, for the same reasons Gardner will be unseated in 2020.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2019, 11:37:17 PM »

This is a Tossup at best for Republicans with Moore, but Lean/Likely R without Moore. You’d think Republicans would have learned not to make overconfident predictions after one humiliating loss after another in red states, but apparently not. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Last time they had a humiliating loss in a red state was in 2012 and even then IN is not AL.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2019, 02:12:52 AM »

Last time they had a humiliating loss in a red state was in 2012 and even then IN is not AL.

Failing to unseat Manchin last year is a pretty humiliating defeat
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2019, 02:16:33 AM »

I want Roy Moore to win the primary just to see how far he runs behind Donald Trump in this extremely polarized climate (he will win the election).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2019, 02:40:10 AM »

Not even close , Manchin is pretty popular in the state and the seat was considered Lean D by almost every outlet
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2019, 02:49:29 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2019, 02:53:05 AM by Frenchrepublican »

Not even close , Manchin is pretty popular in the state and the seat was considered Lean D by almost every outlet

1. Trump had a approval rate of 65% in this state
2. Only 50% of voters had a favourable opinion of Joe Manchin, the problem is that Morrissey had a favorability rate of only 37%

Manchin would have lost against Jenkins and the fact that republicans lost this very winnable race just because they nominated a pharmaceutical lobbyist is very humiliating in my opinion
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2019, 02:57:11 AM »

2. Only 50% of voters had a favourable opinion of Manchin, the problem is that Morrissey had a favourabilty rate of only 37%

Manchin would have lost against Jenkins and the fact that republicans lost this very winnable race just because they nominated a pharmaceutical lobbyist is very humiliating in my opinion

It isn’t humiliating, like losing IN in 2012 was though or even losing NV was in 2010 . Also 50% on Election Day is good and at the very least will mean it will be close .

Manchin was considered the favorite throughout the cycle , even at this point of the 2018 cycle .
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »

Live picture from the AL GOP:
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2019, 02:25:54 PM »

Moore may as well claim he's running for reelection, since he never conceded his defeat.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2019, 02:28:57 PM »

Moore, Moore, Moore
How do you like me? How do you like me?
Moore, Moore, Moore
Why don't you like me? Nobody likes me
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2019, 02:30:04 PM »

Republicans: Yeah, Moore might be a pedophile and a sexual predator, but Jones has a (D) next to his name and D bad.

Get ready for Senator Moore, folks. We got a three year reprieve, but now our time has come.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2019, 02:32:20 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2019, 02:43:28 PM by Skunk »

The jokes write themselves.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2019, 02:35:55 PM »

2. Only 50% of voters had a favourable opinion of Manchin, the problem is that Morrissey had a favourabilty rate of only 37%

It isn’t humiliating, like losing IN in 2012 was though or even losing NV was in 2010 . Also 50% on Election Day is good and at the very least will mean it will be close .

Manchin was considered the favorite throughout the cycle , even at this point of the 2018 cycle .

A 50% favorability rate is not great for a guy who once was reelected with more than 60% of the vote
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2019, 02:36:30 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2019, 02:40:25 PM by Polarized MT Treasurer »

Republicans: Yeah, Moore might be a pedophile and a sexual predator, but Jones has a (D) next to his name and D bad.

Get ready for Senator Moore, folks.

Yeah we know, that’s what you said in 2017...

WV-SEN 2018 should have never been lost, AL-SEN 2017 should have never been lost, KS-SEN 2014/MO-SEN 2016/MO-SEN 2018 shouldn’t have been close, MT-SEN 2018/OH-SEN 2018 should have been more competitive, etc.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2019, 02:36:49 PM »

Can this man, just go away already
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2019, 02:38:51 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

BECAUSE OF YOU, DIRTY ROY, ALABAMA HAS A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR !! GO F**K YOURSELF STUPID ASHOLE
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies