Office of Fremont FM Scott
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:23:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Fremont FM Scott
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Fremont FM Scott  (Read 5553 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »

AN ACT
To provide disaster relief

Section 1: Title

This legislation may be cited as the Nebraska and Iowa Flood Relief Act.

Section 2: Text

The sum of $250 million shall be allocated to a fund that deals with the recent floods in Nebraska and Iowa.  Of this, the sum of $160 million shall be used in Iowa; while the sum of $90 million shall be used in Nebraska.

Parliament of the Commonwealth of Fremont
Passed

A RESOLUTION
That this chamber voices its opinion on the matter on SB 9010.
Whereas, the Senate is voting on SB 9010: Fulfilling Railway Promises Act.
Whereas, this bill establishes a useless passenger rail connection along a thinly populated route solely to make a stupid meme into reality.
Whereas, this service would strongly impinge on the rights of the governments of both Canada and Fremont to regulate and operate their passenger as they see fit.
Resolved, that this Parliament objects in the strongest possible terms to SB 9010.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament urges the Federal Congress to reject this idiotic legislation.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament urges all Senators and Representatives who reside in this region to vote Nay on this legislation.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament objects to the use of any funds of the Government of Fremont to be used to finance this ridiculous project.
Further Resolved, that the Government of Fremont categorically refuses to spend a single cent on funding this absurd project.

Starting now, I will be taking an indefinite leave of absence.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »

My LOA is now over.  I had to leave for a few days for a family/medical emergency but things seem to be calming down now.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2019, 06:51:35 PM »

My LOA is now over.  I had to leave for a few days for a family/medical emergency but things seem to be calming down now.

It's absolutely fantastic to have you back, and I sincerely hope whatever personal emergency you have indeed been experiencing will indeed continue to calm down.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »

AN ACT
To revise the Protecting Children From Smoking in Vehicles Act and to finance public anti-smoking campaigns

This legislation may be cited as the Fremont Healthy Lungs Act.

Section 2: Amendment to Protecting Children From Smoking in Vehicles Act

The Protecting Children From Smoking in Vehicles Act is amended:

Protecting Children From Smoking in Vehicles Act

To prohibit individuals from smoking in a vehicle with passengers under the age of 18

Section 1. Short title

This Act shall be cited as the “Protecting Children From Smoking in Vehicles Act”.

Section 2. Definitions

As used in Act, unless otherwise provided or indicated by the context:
    (1) The term "smoke" shall mean the inhaling and exhaling of a vapor produced by the burning, heating, or lighting of a tobacco product or drug in a cigar, cigarette, pipe, or other device, or the use of such device.
(2) The term "electronic cigarette" shall mean a device that produces a nicotine vapor that can be inhaled.

Section 3. Rules

(a) In general. -

It shall be a summary offense for an individual to smoke or use an electronic cigarette in a vehicle that has one or more passengers that are under 18 years of age.  Individuals that are under 18 years of age shall not be charged under this section if they are the only minor present in the vehicle.

(b) Penalty. -

An individual caught violating subsection (a), upon conviction, shall:
        (1) on the first offense within a 5 2 year period, be required to pay a fine of $250;
(2) on the second offense within a 5 2 year period, be required to pay a fine of $500 and have their license suspended for 30 days;
(3) on the third offense within a 5 2 year period, be required to pay a fine of $750 and have their license suspended for 90 days; and
(4) for any offense thereafter within a 5 2 year period, be required to pay a fine of $1000 and have their license suspended for 1 year.

Section 4. Implementation

This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.

Section 3: Appropriation for public anti-smoking campaign

$1,500,000 shall be appropriated for the FY2020 budget for the financing of public health campaigns to discourage use of tobacco.

Passed

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2019, 10:01:42 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

For future reference:

Candidates for Fremont elections, April 2019 (4/19-4/21)

Senate
Devout Centrist of Arizona (Fianna Frémont - Labor Party) (i)

First Minister
Scott of Wyoming (Meadowlark Party - Peace Party) (i)

Parliament
AustralianSwingVoter of Washington (Meadowlark Party - Federalist Party) (i)
Big Abraham of Oregon (Independent - Labor Party)
NerdFighter40351 of Oregon (Independent - Labor Party)
shua of Alaska (Meadowlark Party - Federalist Party)
YE of Nevada (Meadowlark Party - Peace Party)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2019, 02:06:47 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

As our current session of Parliament winds rapidly to a close, today I am using my power as First Minister to recognize another one of Fremont's most outstanding citizens.  Thus, today, under the authority vested in me by the Order of the Commomweath of Fremont Act, I hereby award former Member of Parliament, former Secretary of State, and our current Vice President LumineVonReuental the title of "Guardian."

Lumine has been a member of this forum and a citizen of our great nation for many years.  At the beginning of my term as First Minister in January, Fremont was faced with a territorial crisis, as radicals attempted to lay claim to the state of Alaska and declare her independence from Fremont and the Republic of Atlasia.  This crisis exposed a great vulnerability in Fremont's defense system, as our National Guard was unfunded and the task of suppressing this illegal act of aggression fell on the shoulders of the federal government.  Then-Secretary Lumine took swift action, pledging full military support to our Commonwealth on behalf of the administration he had been serving.

It is my honor to present this award, the highest civilian honor in the Commonwealth of Fremont, to Vice President LumineVonReuental.

LumineVonReuental - Order of the Commonwealth of Fremont (Guardian)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 02:49:05 PM »

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2

Whereas, sexual harassment in the workplace is not merely offensive but is a form of discrimination in violation of Federal and Commonwealth law; and

Whereas, every Commonwealth employee is entitled to a working environment free from sexual harassment and its deleterious economic, psychological and physical effects; and

Whereas, the cost to the Commonwealth is considerable in both human and financial terms including the replacement of personnel who leave their jobs, increased use of health benefit plans due to emotional and physical stress, absenteeism, and decline in individual and workgroup productivity;

Now, therefore I, Scott, First Minister of the Commonwealth of Fremont, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Laws of the Commonwealth of Fremont, do hereby establish a Fremont Commonwealth Policy Statement on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace.

I. The head of each department, agency, board, commission or other entity under the jurisdiction of the Executive Branch shall:

a. Issue a strong management policy statement defining and prohibiting sexual harassment in the workplace.  The policy statement should inform employees of their rights of redress, and the availability of complaint resolution channels and assistance with incidents of sexual harassment.  The policy statement should make clear that sexual harassment is considered a form of employee misconduct and that sanctions will be enforced against individuals engaging in sexual harassment and against supervisory and managerial personnel who knowingly allow such behavior to continue.

b. Widely distribute the policy statement by providing it to all employees, including it in new employee orientation, and publicizing it in internal employee publications.

c. Conduct appropriate training to instruct and sensitize all employees.

d. Develop guidelines to ensure the swift and thorough investigation of allegations and complaints of sexual harassment and enforcement of appropriate sanctions including disciplinary actions.  The affirmative action officer shall have responsibility for processing complaints.  Because of the sensitivity of the issue, particular efforts should be made to conduct investigations with due regard for confidentiality to ensure protection of the complainant and the accused.  Although the intent is to address and resolve these matters at the workplace, victims should be informed of the various administrative and legal remedies available.

The complaint procedure should provide for subsequent review to determine if the sexual harassment has been effectively stopped.

e. Provide the First Minister's Office of Employee Relations with a copy of the policy statement and a brief description of the actions taken and planned in regard to preventing and combating sexual harassment in the Commonwealth workplace, and report all complaints and their resolution to the First Minister's Office of Employee Relations.

As used in this Order, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature will constitute sexual harassment when:

(1) Submission to the conduct is either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment; or

(2) Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individual; or

(3) The conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an affected person's work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.

II. The First Minister's Office of Employee Relations shall provide information to the entities covered by this Executive Order to assist in the implementation and the operation of the policy established by this Executive Order.

Nothing in this Order shall be construed to enlarge upon nor limit or abridge the rights of any person under the Republic of Atlasia or Regional Constitutions of the Statutes of the Republic of Atlasia or the Commonwealth of Fremont.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2019, 12:11:52 AM »

YE is appointed to the position of MP, to serve for the remainder of the Parliamentary session.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2019, 11:20:14 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2019, 11:23:47 PM by Lumine »

As our current session of Parliament winds rapidly to a close, today I am using my power as First Minister to recognize another one of Fremont's most outstanding citizens.  Thus, today, under the authority vested in me by the Order of the Commomweath of Fremont Act, I hereby award former Member of Parliament, former Secretary of State, and our current Vice President LumineVonReuental the title of "Guardian."

Lumine has been a member of this forum and a citizen of our great nation for many years.  At the beginning of my term as First Minister in January, Fremont was faced with a territorial crisis, as radicals attempted to lay claim to the state of Alaska and declare her independence from Fremont and the Republic of Atlasia.  This crisis exposed a great vulnerability in Fremont's defense system, as our National Guard was unfunded and the task of suppressing this illegal act of aggression fell on the shoulders of the federal government.  Then-Secretary Lumine took swift action, pledging full military support to our Commonwealth on behalf of the administration he had been serving.

It is my honor to present this award, the highest civilian honor in the Commonwealth of Fremont, to Vice President LumineVonReuental.

LumineVonReuental - Order of the Commonwealth of Fremont (Guardian)

I don't think I know what to say this time, First Minister, I wasn't expecting that at all.

It has been a long road, and a fun one too despite all the challenges involved in it. I strongly suspect I'll finally reach the end of my time in active politics very soon, but even if my efforts over the past year and a half were not enough to secure the two things I wanted to accomplish the most I am pleased to have been of help to the Commonwealth during a complicated situation.

In respect of your enviable accomplishments, grateful of your positive judgement and with all my sincerity, thank you, Scott.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 04:19:39 PM »

AN ACT
To fund the Preventing Atlasian Anti-Choice Coercion Act

This legislation may be cited as the PAACCA Funding Act.

Section 2: Funding for PAACCA

The Preventing Atlasian Anti-Choice Coercion Act is hereby funded in full.

Passed

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 08:47:34 PM »

A RESOLUTION
to sustain the autonomy of regional elections against federal overreach

WHEREAS, the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia secures to the Regions, and to they alone, the right to regulate all their elections, including the election of their representatives to the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia; and

WHEREAS, that right necessarily includes the power, unmitigated by federal intrusion, of prescribing the manner and time for conducting their elections, and the electorate by which their several officers and representatives may be chosen; and

WHEREAS, any federal provision, or amendment, prescribing the manner in which elections for a regional office, or an office elected by the regions, may or must be carried out, is therefore a rescission of the rights granted the Regions and a violation of the autonomy of their elections; and

WHEREAS, the Senate may not be truly said to represent the Regions, but if its members are chosen by them, according to their own rules and methods;

RESOLVED, THEREFORE, the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont condemns the Recall of Senators Amendment proposed in the Senate and calls on the Senators for Frémont to oppose its ratification by the Congress.

FURTHER RESOLVED, THEREFORE, the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont calls for the Senate to amend the Recall of Senators Amendment to revert it to its original wording, to allow the regions to continue to govern their Senators themselves as they see fit.

Passed

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 10:29:39 AM »

AN ACT
Because we really should have settled on a regional Demonym by now

This legislation may be cited as the Fremont Demonym Ballot Question Act.

Section 2: Text
1. A question shall be put forward to the people of Fremont in the ballot of the next regional elections following the passage of this Act. Said question shall read: "What should be recognised as the official demonym of the Commonwealth of Fremont?", in order to determine what should be recognised as the official regional demonym. The demonym that wins said election, using established voting systems, shall be designated the region's official demonym, subject to a vote of Parliament to uphold the results of the ballot question.
2. The following options shall be on the ballot:
i. Fremonter/Fremonters
ii. Fremontian/Fremontians

Section 3: Effectiveness
1. This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2019, 03:15:39 PM »

AN ACT
To provide a tax credit for teachers' classroom supplies

This legislation may be cited as the Teacher's Tax Credit Act.

Section 2: Tax credit for classroom school supplies

1.) Each taxable year, an individual employed as a public school teacher is entitled to a credit against the individual's adjusted gross income tax liability for amounts expended during the taxable year for classroom supplies.  The amount of the credit is the lesser of:

(1) five hundred dollars ($500); or
(2) the total amount expended for classroom supplies during a taxable year.

2.) The credit provided by this section may not exceed the amount of the individual's adjusted gross income tax liability for the taxable year, reduced by the sum of all credits for the taxable year that are applied before the application of the credit provided by this section.  The amount of any unused credit under this section for a taxable year may be carried forward to a succeeding taxable year, but may not be carried back to a preceding taxable year or refunded.

Passed

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2019, 03:16:39 PM »

And with that...

The 10th Parliament of the Fremont House of Commons is hereby dissolved.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 3

Whereas, the methodology of Paul Lockett's Single Transferable Vote Counter, as it is commonly used to calculate elections, has been widely disputed by math experts

Whereas, every Commonwealth election ought to be conducted in a fair, accurate, and transparent manner,

Now, therefore I, Scott, First Minister of the Commonwealth of Fremont, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Laws of the Commonwealth of Fremont, do hereby establish the Office of Chief of Staff for assistance in oversight of elections.  Appointed Chiefs of Staff need not withstand Parliamentary approval and may seek the assistance of fellow Atlasians in carrying the duties of the office.

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 4

Whereas, in the aftermath of the April 2019 elections, a calculation error would have allowed the reelection of MP AustralianSwingVoter, who upon conclusion of the election declared that he would not be reelected under fairer rules.

Whereas, Mr. AustralianSwingVoter set an example of true integrity in correcting a technical error that would have allowed him to retain his seat in Parliament.

Now, therefore I, Scott, First Minister of the Commonwealth of Fremont, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Laws of the Commonwealth of Fremont, do hereby appoint AustralianSwingVoter to the Office of Fremont Chief of Staff, for assistance in oversight of all Parliamentary elections.

Furthermore, for his honesty and integrity displayed in the aftermath of the April 2019 elections, under the authority vested in me by the Order of the Commonwealth of Fremont Act, I hereby award AustralianSwingVoter the title of Guardian.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2019, 01:09:15 AM by FM Scott🦋 »

The Parliament seat of MP-elect Big Abraham, having never sworn in, is now vacant.

A special election will be held to fill his seat May 3 - 5.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2019, 01:03:14 AM »

Sestak is hereby appointed to fill the vacancy created by Big Abraham.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2019, 01:04:38 AM »

The Parliament seat of MP-elect Big Abraham, having never sworn in, is now vacant.

A special election will be held to fill his seat April 31 - May 2.

Oooh, I get to run in a phantom election! Fun!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2019, 08:52:05 AM »

So much for reducing our special elections Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

So much for reducing our special elections Tongue

Yeah, this was kind of a point of contention in FremontCord last night.  I still want to reduce our special elections, and I don't want to open them if nobody's interested.  (And if it's one left-wing versus one right-wing candidate, the outcome is pretty much guaranteed.)  The law doesn't mandate that we maintain a full Parliament or anything, though.  Current law about non-Senate special elections is pretty vague.

And we have plenty of activity and talent in the current bench, so I don't see the need to rush for more candidates unless someone actually wants a seat.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »

The upcoming May 3-5 special election is hereby moved to May 10-12, when there will be three vacancies.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »

AustralianSwingVoter is appointed to the vacant seat left by fhtagn.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2019, 12:03:56 AM »

AN ACT
to recognize the contributions of private school teachers

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Amendment to the Teacher Tax Credit Act."

Section 2 (Extending the Teacher Tax Credit to all teachers)
i. Section 2 of the Teacher Tax Credit Act shall be amended to read as follows:
1.) Each taxable year, an individual employed as a teacher at any public or not-for-profit private or charter school in the Commonwealth of Frémont is entitled to a credit against the individual's adjusted gross income tax liability for amounts expended during the taxable year for classroom supplies.  The amount of the credit is the lesser of:

(1) five hundred dollars ($500); or
(2) the total amount expended for classroom supplies during a taxable year.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2019, 03:23:39 AM »

The May 10-12 special election is officially cancelled.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2019, 12:30:24 PM »

AN ACT
To prohibit the suspension of a driver's license of a defendant for crimes unrelated to traffic violations and to allow payment plans for those who are financially unable to pay a criminal fine

This legislation may be cited as the Stop Punishing Poor Drivers Act.

Section 2: Suspension of driving privileges; payment plans

1. License suspensions may not be prescribed as penalty towards defendants guilty of crimes unrelated to traffic violations.

2. If a person against whom a fine is levied is financially unable to pay the fine, the judge of the court may allow a payment plan based on the defendant's income.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies